Announcing...

The official ToO flag design

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!

Should the color of the official flag be changed?

Yes
70%
No
30%

Total votes: 10

Jehoshaphat
Someone's favorite
Post by Jehoshaphat »

I like #1,5,7, and 8. I like #5 for the historical value and same with #7 but I prefer the orange and purple.
Unicorns exist... they just got fat and now we call them rhinos.
My online family
I am Monty's and thefinalhour Awesome Brother. GJ is my rebellious little sister
If you want me to be in your online family send me a PM.
Moontide
No way I broke the window

Post by Moontide »

I suggest we make a new poll of the options that snubs posted. Then we go with the one that wins.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Moontide wrote:I suggest we make a new poll of the options that snubs posted. Then we go with the one that wins.
Well, if we do that, then I think we'll have to have two polls because there are so many options which will likely divide up the vote a lot.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

This is just my personal opinion/taste, but I honestly can't stand any of those other combinations. None of them are aesthetically appealing to me in any way. (And a couple actually cause me physical pain as I'm sensitive to severe contrast.) This is unrelated entirely to whether or not any of the colors are significant; they simply look bad to my eye. (Again, just a matter of taste, no offense intended if they look good to you.)

So I guess I reiterate that the only options I can support are purple and orange (strongly urged) or the original blue and white (as a disappointing fallback).
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Kaida
Whale you be my friend?

Post by Kaida »

bookworm wrote:This is just my personal opinion/taste, but I honestly can't stand any of those other combinations. None of them are aesthetically appealing to me in any way. (And a couple actually cause me physical pain as I'm sensitive to severe contrast.) This is unrelated entirely to whether or not any of the colors are significant; they simply look bad to my eye. (Again, just a matter of taste, no offense intended if they look good to you.)

So I guess I reiterate that the only options I can support are purple and orange (strongly urged) or the original blue and white (as a disappointing fallback).
This is just my personal opinion/taste, but I honestly can't stand the orange and purple combination. It's just not pleasing to my eye. It causes me pain. I don't mean to offend you. But you shared your opinion so I'm sharing mine.
I like chocolate milk. - Cheese
#ForeverKitty
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

I may be a newToO fanatic, but I don't like that color scheme for the flag.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Connie G.
I'm a teapot

Post by Connie G. »

Which color scheme, Dan? I use the Blue ToO theme, so I really like the blue and white flag, but I voted for the lighter blue version. I didn't like any of the other ones very well :?
Last edited by Connie G. on Sat May 28, 2016 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
I have learned to kiss the wave that throws me against the rock of ages. ~C.H. Spurgeon
hello and Where are all the hot people? ~Penguin
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I expected a response just like that Kaida, and everyone of course has their own reactions to colors. But there is a difference between just not finding a color appealing (purely an aesthetical opinion) and having actual physical aversion to it. I wasn't saying it made any of the schemes more or less 'right' I was just noting that there is more than merely appearance to the senses that has to drive my personal choice in something like this.
Moontide
No way I broke the window

Post by Moontide »

bookworm wrote:I expected a response just like that Kaida, and everyone of course has their own reactions to colors. But there is a difference between just not finding a color appealing (purely an aesthetical opinion) and having actual physical aversion to it. I wasn't saying it made any of the schemes more or less 'right' I was just noting that there is more than merely appearance to the senses that has to drive my personal choice in something like this.
Some of this may be caused by differing displays. For example, I run my screen quite dim and thus am unlikely to be pained by bright contrast, because all colours are muted.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

The flags have been updated in the poll thread to look more like real flags (by giving them a 3D effect). I would go check them out here, as it may change your opinion. Or make you like your flag choice that much more. =p
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

I LOVE the flags. snubs y u so brilliant as usual.
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
SirWhit
I'm finally a No0b

Post by SirWhit »

snubs wrote:Here it is with purple and orange. As long as it is a darker purple (like below), I'll be okaay with it.

But... it does remind me of old school colors or something. But since the ToO is ancient, maybe the flag should look old too.
Meh, not a fan. It looks too much like my local university's colors :P
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

snubs wrote:But... it does remind me of old school colors or something.
Now that you mention it they're somewhat similar to the LSU Tigers. Which is actually thematic because they have paws.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Thanks, Marvin! =D
bookworm wrote:
snubs wrote:But... it does remind me of old school colors or something.
Now that you mention it they're somewhat similar to the LSU Tigers. Which is actually thematic because they have paws.
NO. :x