Who's Who on the ToO: Catspaw

2016 Edition: 11

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
Bren
Be positive!

Who's Who on the ToO: Catspaw

Post by Bren »

2016 Edition: 11
Catspaw has been a member of The ToO since day one. Over the last 11 years she has transitioned from being a member to being our fearless leader. Sometimes we don't get to see the person behind the name all that much, but now she is allowing us to pull back the curtain to get to know more about her.

Q: How did you start listening to AIO?
Catspaw: My parents got Focus on the Family's magazine and they would advertise AIO in there. I had lots of books and movies from FOTF growing up, and AIO was something that they ordered for me (and my siblings, but I was the oldest!) and before I was ten years old, I was a big fan and always got more for Christmas and for my birthday. My very first album was #10.

Q: How did your leading The ToO come about?
Catspaw: To make a long story short, Shadowpaw created the ToO, ran it for a while, and then had other things to do with his time, so he asked me if I would be interested in taking over for him as the permanent admin. I was a mod multiple times prior to that, as well as an elected admin in term 2, so I guess I seemed like a good candidate. After a little thought, I happily accepted. The rest, as they say, is history! :D

Q: What is something that this generation might not know about the early days of The ToO?
Catspaw: I used to be a terrible flirt. :( I flirted with The Top Crusader (long before his days as an old married man), with Jared (who PMed me to tell me to please stop), and Shadowpaw, my one true ToO love. :inlove: But I try to be good these days. :( Also, I am way too old to even jokingly flirt with most of the people here. ;) It was always just for fun, but we did have some laughs back in the day!

Q: What is the coolest place you’ve ever visited?
Catspaw: It's hard to pick one place, but I loved visiting Colorado Springs! I've been there a few times, though not recently, and there are so many great things there. The Garden of the Gods is amazing, and of course the FOTF headquarters and the home of the WodFamChocSod are awesome too!

Q: What board style do you use?
Catspaw: Grayscale. I've used it almost exclusively since the upgrades a few years ago. I'm mostly a creature of habit, and I didn't like the avatars being on the right (or wrong) ;) side of the screen instead of the left side on most other styles, so I found Grayscale and stuck with it!

Q: What frustrates you?
Catspaw: People who misuse homonyms. :x They're/their/there are all very different words, folks! Treat each one with the respect they deserve!

Q: What is your favorite food?
Catspaw: It's hard to choose, because there are lots of things that I like, but I'll go with Red Lobster garlic cheese biscuits. So yummy! :drool:

Q: What is your favorite ToO memory?
Catspaw: How could I choose just one?! :mad: (Yes, it is hard for me to choose a favourite in most categories!) ;) There have been a lot of good times over the years. All the Gabriel Dragsack stuff was totally crazy and fun, and when Top and Jessica first became enraged, and just all the day-to-day enjoyment of hanging out here on the ToO!

Q: How has AIO impacted your life?
Catspaw: I've been listening for over two decades now (yes, I am ancient) and there are so many ways that my thoughts have been shaped by AIO, from knowing details to Bible stories because Bernard told it, to feeling encouragement as I have listened to an episode that speaks to exactly what I am struggling with (and often as a side part, not the main part of the episode, because God is good and works in so many ways that he makes it a surprise sometimes, when I thought I was choosing an episode at random!), to making friends because we discovered we both loved AIO, to people who I haven't seen for years remembering me because of my love for AIO, to lending AIO to people I hardly know because I want other people to have the chance to experience what I have - God's hand at work through an amazing audio drama.

Q: What is the best life advice you could give someone?
Catspaw: Walk with God, because he loves you and wants to speak to you through his Word. Life gets busy and other things crowd in, but choose what is most important. It won't solve all your problems, but knowing that God is with you through it all is even better in the long run. I can't claim to have lived every second of my life this way, but I know this to be the truth.

Past Who's Who features: Belle | Leonard Meltsner | Knight Fisher | Countess | T. S. (myself) | Shennifer | Woody | Kaida | snubs |Connie G.
Angel
Laughing One
Laughing One

Post by Angel »

This was so awesome to read! I especially loved hearing about how God has worked in your life through AIO. Bernard tells stories so wonderfully, I miss hearing them. I loved hearing those stories on road trips growing up as a kid.
Do you still have a lot of the tapes? Or do you mostly use the CDs or online programs now?
Kaida
Whale you be my friend?

Post by Kaida »

I really really liked reading this. It was so good. I agree with Angel, it was great to hear how God used AIO in your life.
That was really great advice. Thank you for that. Every now and then I need to be reminded that God is with me and in control.
I like chocolate milk. - Cheese
#ForeverKitty
Old Brad
I've been working out

Post by Old Brad »

Catspaw, my dear, how good to hear about you! I do remember your flirtatious ways and your skills in RPGs! (though you failed to mention the RPGs :P ) :) As the others mentioned, it is very cool to hear how AIO can have an impacts on people's relationship with God, even with side themes in episodes! :)
“For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him."
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Angel wrote:This was so awesome to read! I especially loved hearing about how God has worked in your life through AIO. Bernard tells stories so wonderfully, I miss hearing them. I loved hearing those stories on road trips growing up as a kid.
Do you still have a lot of the tapes? Or do you mostly use the CDs or online programs now?
Yes, I have kept all of my tapes! I collected the tapes up until album 41, which is when they stopped making the cassettes, I think. I have the CDs for every album too, and the tapes mostly sit on my shelf as memories, since tape players are limited these days for some reason. ;)
Kaida wrote:I really really liked reading this. It was so good. I agree with Angel, it was great to hear how God used AIO in your life.
That was really great advice. Thank you for that. Every now and then I need to be reminded that God is with me and in control.
You and me both! I'm glad that it resonated with you.
Brad wrote:Catspaw, my dear, how good to hear about you! I do remember your flirtatious ways and your skills in RPGs! (though you failed to mention the RPGs :P ) :) As the others mentioned, it is very cool to hear how AIO can have an impacts on people's relationship with God, even with side themes in episodes! :)
Yes, the RPGs! I didn't think to mention those, but we did have some fun way back in the day with Catspaw Blackgaard's dangerous pink nail files and such.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Great interview! I enjoyed reading through it. :yes:
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Dredge
Classic

Post by Dredge »

Good reminder! Life begins with God, it ends with God, He should be the bulk of what's in between.
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not ignorance. It's that they know so much that isn't so." ---President Ronald Reagan
MericaBlog is the new joint Tumblr used by me and a couple friends.
Old Brad
I've been working out

Post by Old Brad »

Catspaw wrote:Yes, the RPGs! I didn't think to mention those, but we did have some fun way back in the day with Catspaw Blackgaard's dangerous pink nail files and such.
Not to mention your famous cupcakes (or were they cream puffs?)
“For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him."
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Brad wrote:
Catspaw wrote:Yes, the RPGs! I didn't think to mention those, but we did have some fun way back in the day with Catspaw Blackgaard's dangerous pink nail files and such.
It was cream puffs, and you're right, they were indeed killer! ;)
Dredge
Classic

Post by Dredge »

Catspaw wrote:
Brad wrote:
It was cream puffs, and you're right, they were indeed killer! ;)
You see? We have booming commercial industries right here! =P~
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not ignorance. It's that they know so much that isn't so." ---President Ronald Reagan
MericaBlog is the new joint Tumblr used by me and a couple friends.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

The problem is you get very few returning customers.
Old Brad
I've been working out

Post by Old Brad »

The Top Crusader wrote:The problem is you get very few returning customers.
Exactly, because they were killed. :p