Ypiresian Party of the Service of Jesus Christ

We can preserve one of the only democratic boards on the internet!

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

We jumped from politics to phones. :shock: Are you suggesting we switch to dial-up connections? :cry:

Seriously, if you want to win people over, you've got to communicate your point better and also try to not act like you alone can bring about the change. You can put all the bells and whistles you want on this place, but if people don't want to be active, you can't force them. Take it from someone who knows. They also are more likely to want to be here if they don't feel like a particular point of view is being forced on them. Everyone has a part, you just have to find what your strong suit is, and if it needs some work then do so. If not, then go about being the best citizen you possibly can.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Dredge
Classic

Post by Dredge »

Bren wrote:We jumped from politics to phones. :shock: Are you suggesting we switch to dial-up connections? :cry:

Seriously, if you want to win people over, you've got to communicate your point better and also try to not act like you alone can bring about the change. You can put all the bells and whistles you want on this place, but if people don't want to be active, you can't force them. Take it from someone who knows. They also are more likely to want to be here if they don't feel like a particular point of view is being forced on them. Everyone has a part, you just have to find what your strong suit is, and if it needs some work then do so. If not, then go about being the best citizen you possibly can.
I am glancing up at the banner and can tell you exactly what needs work... I'll save it for the debates.
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not ignorance. It's that they know so much that isn't so." ---President Ronald Reagan
MericaBlog is the new joint Tumblr used by me and a couple friends.
Dredge
Classic

Post by Dredge »

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not ignorance. It's that they know so much that isn't so." ---President Ronald Reagan
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

I don't think it is necessary that you make a new thread for each of your blog posts.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Yes, one thread that you update when there is news or a new post should suffice.
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

*merges all the topics*

That's much cleaner. Since there are several issues brought up in the topic, you can you the handy quote button to clarify which issue you want to address.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Dredge
Classic

Post by Dredge »

https://simplydredge.wordpress.com/2016 ... of-events/
Like all admins, we'll be holding events, and this is a synopsis of our plans concerning them.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Haha, every time I go on your blog you've changed the layout. =p
Dredge
Classic

Post by Dredge »

snubs wrote:Haha, every time I go on your blog you've changed the layout. =p
We have had several, and we're gonna have a poll on which theme to stick with.
Is it just me, or did LOL go out of style?
Last edited by Dredge on Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moontide
No way I broke the window

Post by Moontide »

LOL does seem to be a less popular expression laughter, at least among this age group.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Moontide wrote:
LOL does seem to be a less popular expression laughter, at least among this age group.
People still use it a lot. Don't know about any particular age group, but it tends to be used more in the chatroom. Also, I tend to see "lol" used more by guys than girls (in my experience), dunno if that's actually a true.
Moontide

Post by Moontide »

People still use it a lot. Don't know about any particular age group, but it tends to be used more in the chatroom. Also, I tend to see "lol" used more by guys than girls (in my experience), dunno if that's actually a true.
You are likely correct because I don't hang out in the chatroom much.
Dredge
Classic

Post by Dredge »

So far in the election cycle we have raised close to $300, mostly from donors who request anonymity, making us the perennial frontrunners in pre-campaign fundraising. I am glad that our message of coming together to Face the New Horizon has impacted others in so many ways. We’ve come a long way, folks, but we plan to have $800 in hand just as the sale price for the administrative offices has been released. Full Campaign Statement
Thank you everyone for your wonderful contributions! You are appreciated!
Old Brad
I've been working out

Post by Old Brad »

I'm probably going to catch some flak for this, but, dude. You take this way, way too seriously. The reason the ToO has the politics and elections is for people to have fun and an opportunity to give input and service to the town. Events, looks, etc. will only do so much to generate more activity. The best way to have more activity is to post all around the board. I'm not encouraging spam, I mean meaningful posts that add to a topic. Do I do this? Honestly, no; I'm more of a lurker. If I see something that interests me that I have an opinion on, I'll provide input. As for looks and the town looking outdated, I've always considered the ToO as similar to Whit's End. As put in I believe "The W.E.", "Timeless". Adding all the bells and whistles possible doesn't mean more people will flock to the board. And if people did join due to the bells and whistles, will they truly be beneficial to the board? To me, this board has never been about the bells and whistles and the looks, it's been about the people here.
“For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him."
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Well said, Brad. =D>

Yeah, the best way to maintain and increase activity is to post.
Dredge
Classic

Post by Dredge »

We have a new, hopefully, final, theme up!
Please, read through our statements and check our stats while you're there!

-- Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:02 pm --

Notes:After a review meeting we'll be taking a hiatus from the campaign to sort out where we stand election-wise and in the meantime I'm just gonna kick back and enjoy the ToO and help where I can.
Moontide

Post by Moontide »

snubs wrote:Well said, Brad. =D>

Yeah, the best way to maintain and increase activity is to post.
I would add that the best way to maintain activity is to post new threads, because then the lurkers who only post in response to things will post.
Dredge
Classic

Post by Dredge »

By the way, $50 to who can correctly predict my running mates based on the following algeorithim:
100 points will be awarded for predicting my Interim Party Leader correctly.
75 points will be awarded for a correct prediction of my Minister of Events.
50 points will be awarded for a correct prediction of my Junior Councilpeople (2).
The user with the most points will get the $50 prize.
Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

Are you not the Varleqan party anymore!?
"Any aspect of your faith which you do not question, is the one which should be questioned most."
"I totally approve of toddlers getting married." -Continental Admiral (aka Baragon)