Who's Who on the ToO: Eugene

2016 Edition: 12

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
Bren
Be positive!

Who's Who on the ToO: Eugene

Post by Bren »

2016 Edition: 12
For my final interview of this term, I sat down with Eugene. Eugene, or Bird as he's also known, joined this fine community back in June of 2009. He has a great deal of coding knowledge as well as audio editing skills. Most importantly, he's one of my best friends.

Q: Since you joined the Odyssey online fan community, you've become involved in all kinds of projects with others, as well as some of your own. Can you tell us what some of those things are and what you are currently working on?
Eugene: Indeed! Oh man, it's been great! I've gotten to meet so many great people and work on some fun projects over the years through the Odyssey community. I usually don't pick favourites, but I'd say the Whit's End Podcast is probably my top pick. I was/am also heavily involved in Campbell County, AIO Wiki, and all of the forums at some level. More recently, I've been helping to start another fan podcast called The Cowmoonity Fancast, which is based around the YouTube channel Blimey Cow.

Q: What are you most passionate about?
Eugene: Wow... that's a big question. I'm passionate about so many things! But what I'm *most* passionate about these days are paddling, music, and family/friends. Web development and computers in general are also up there, but I've been focusing on those things less these days

Q: How did you find The ToO?
Eugene: Oh my... now you're really asking me to go back! I don't remember specifically the first time that I found the ToO, though it was probably through the Unofficial Odyssey Podcast with Chris and Sarah. I didn't register right away. Instead, I watched and read as a guest for a few weeks. The whole place looked really fun, so I eventually decided to join in. It was a great experience as everyone was so welcoming! I quickly made some friends and got involved with the community events and such. I even co-managed a shop down on Crestwood Avenue! Crazy, eh?

Q: What talent do you have that you like the most?
Eugene: That I like the most? Hmm... I'm blessed with many talents, and I appreciate each one. But I really like my musical talent. I use it nearly every day and I'd be lost without it. I mostly play the piano, but I'll play pretty much anything and everything! For the past few years, I've been working on fiddle and ukulele, which has been a fun challenge.

Q: What is your favorite thing to do on a day off?
Eugene: Hmmm... That's tough. I'd either want to rest and do very little, or get some friends together and find some "trouble" to get into. ;) Yanno, like going for a cruise, dancing to some tunes, going down to the river, or making some crazy food in the kitchen! Or just relaxing with a movie either by myself or with my family. :)

Q: What's your favorite musical instrument?
Eugene: That's easy. Even though I don't typically have "favourites", the piano is my choice. Why? Because it's so versatile and fun!! You can do pretty much anything with a piano. Plus it's my first and main instrument

Q: How has Adventures in Odyssey impacted you?
Eugene: Oh goodness. What a question! :) Well, it's impacted me in many ways. The show itself is always a great source of entertainment that has applicability in my day-to-day life. I love to listen while doing chores and other tasks. It's also made a huge dent in my finances! XD I think the biggest impact though, is being a part of the AIO community through the ToO and othe online platforms. The fellowship, encouragement, friends... it's all been huge for me. It's affected my thinking, kept me close to God, and... yeah. It's been quite the blessing.

Q: Have you made any in-person friends through the ToO?
Eugene: Ha! I live way too far and away from "civilization" to meet another Odyssey fan in person. XD However, I do have several amazingly good friends that I keep in contact with online on nearly a daily basis. It's crazy, really. That being said, I've introduced a few in-person friends to Odyssey and some of them have really taken to the show. (Including my sister!) But I really hope that someday I'l get to meet people from the ToO and beyond in real life and be able to do some fun things in the "real world"!

Q: Who are 5 of your best friends on The ToO?
Eugene: My goodness... really? REALLY?! It's hard to pick only five, Bren! Okay, well... There's you, Bren, of course. Also, Irwin from way back when I first joined the board. snubs! Can't forget snubs! :) RyanCummings is also a really good friend. And I don't actually know if she's on the ToO proper, but Waldo is an old friend from the ToO Chat. There's a host of other people that are also great friends from here. But that's a snapshot for ya. :)

Q: What is your favorite bible verse and why?
Eugene: Goodness. Again, tough to choose just one! But right now, the first one that comes to mind is 1 Corinthians 13:4-7, which says, "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."

Why this verse? I'm not sure. It might be because I've been thinking about love, respect, patience, and hope a lot recently. The world just seems filled with so much hate and fear. (Or at least, the news seems to be filled with it!) I wish that more people would strive for these things in their daily lives.

Thank you to everyone who has participated in these interviews and thank you guys for taking the time to read these interviews over the last 4 months. I hope you all enjoyed them as much as we have enjoyed bringing them to you. If you missed any editions of Who's Who, you can check out all the features from this term below.

Past Who's Who features: Belle | Leonard Meltsner | Knight Fisher | Countess | T. S. (myself) | Shennifer | Woody | Kaida | snubs |Connie G. |Catspaw
ImageImageImage
logos linked
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

I loved reading this. You are such an all around awesome guy, Eugene! You actually remind me of a guy version of Catspaw. \:D/ :lol: Because you are always so nice and patient with everyone, and very friendly.

It's been great having you around the ToO and knowing you as a person. =)
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |