Questions for International Paperclip

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
Bren
Be positive!

Questions for International Paperclip

Post by Bren »

This is the place to ask International Paperclip your tough questions. We hold paper together so we can handle the tough questions.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Dredge
Classic

Post by Dredge »

During the elections of 2008, the Soda Shoppe Message Board was founded by a Mr. Jacob Isom. During the span votership dropped from about 80 to below 40. In your opinion, is there a way to get those users back? And, if not, is there a way to market ourselves to a new group of users and possibly increase activity once again?
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not ignorance. It's that they know so much that isn't so." ---President Ronald Reagan
MericaBlog is the new joint Tumblr used by me and a couple friends.
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

Well, first, let's get facts straight. Nothing pertaining to The Soda Shop happened in 2008. 2008 was when I joined this town. As far as activity, the members of SS are hardcore AIO fans. Since that is the best place suited for that at this time, I don't know that we can pull them over when it's almost like pulling teeth to even get a few decent reviews anymore. What we can do is give it our all to make this site the best it can be, and spread the word on social media. Now, I can't promise that people will come here but I can do my best to make sure people know about the site.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Why did you change the name color?
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

A few of us weren't too keen on the shade that was used last term. Since it was summer, I decided we'd go with orange. Originally, the idea was purple, but it wouldn't have fit very well with newToO (the default style).
ImageImageImage
logos linked
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I just thought it strange as we went through a long process last Term of finding something that looked good and was thematic. I didn't know it was only applying to that iteration of the Council, I was under the impression it was the look we were submitting for any should the model return. But then I was under the impression the model wasn't going to return, so.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Side bar question to bookworm. Historically do the candidates or the populous more often make these threads?

If the populous. Why do you hate tradition? :x

When do you plan to have your first event? \:D/

What color would be the combination of each Council Member's favourite color?

What's your favorite brownie recipe? I'm looking for new ones.

Why are brownies better than cookies?

Why should the default board style be changed to the best style Catsville?

Are you robots or lizards?
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

Knight Fisher wrote: When do you plan to have your first event? \:D/
If all goes according to plan, next week
Knight Fisher wrote: What's your favorite brownie recipe? I'm looking for new ones.
Whichever one I am eating at the time
Knight Fisher wrote: Why are brownies better than cookies?
It's all the chocolatey goodness. :drool:
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Moontide
No way I broke the window

Post by Moontide »

Why should the default board style be changed to the best style Catsville?
It would compensate Catspaw for no longer having all the ranks be about her.

Are you robots or lizards?
Personally, I am a robot. I make no claims as to the lizard natures of the other council members.
Countess
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Countess »

Why does Catspaw have to be revered whatever the cost?
Paula
insert dash here

Post by Paula »

Knight Fisher wrote:What color would be the combination of each Council Member's favourite color?
Ummmm....Brown... :-s
Fast & Jelly are at it again. This time they face the evil fast clickers. Can fast be faster? Is Jelly too slow to turn them into jelly? Find out this week on Fast & Jelly! --> Penguin
#pPodPartnersWithPenguin
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Countess wrote:Why does Catspaw have to be revered whatever the cost?
In a follow-up question, why does Countess suddenly seem to be permanently banned? :-k
Moontide

Post by Moontide »

Knight Fisher wrote:What color would be the combination of each Council Member's favourite color?
Depends on what colour space we use. It would likely be white if we used an additive colour model.
Dredge
Classic

Post by Dredge »

There were 401 users online on the day of this writing, but only 23 of them were registered. We had more users than ever on 10 March of this year. Why is there such an askeristk on our activity? What is our main struggle when it comes to converting massive viewership into massive usership?
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not ignorance. It's that they know so much that isn't so." ---President Ronald Reagan
Moontide

Post by Moontide »

There were 401 users online on the day of this writing, but only 23 of them were registered. We had more users than ever on 10 March of this year. Why is there such an askeristk on our activity? What is our main struggle when it comes to converting massive viewership into massive usership?
Well first, a good portion of those users are likely robots. Robots outnumber people these days on the web.
Second, people get double counted, I think, when they load the page and then login.

I am not sure what the rest of the statistic would be, (there is at least 100 users unaccounted for), but I suspect it is an error in the counting and we don't really have masses of lurkers.
Dredge
Classic

Post by Dredge »

Moontide wrote:
Well first, a good portion of those users are likely robots. Robots outnumber people these days on the web.
Second, people get double counted, I think, when they load the page and then login.

I am not sure what the rest of the statistic would be, (there is at least 100 users unaccounted for), but I suspect it is an error in the counting and we don't really have masses of lurkers.
Thank you, sir. That makes perfect sense.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Yes, we have documented incidents where a large number of 'guests' swarmed the board which was in reality a bot that for some reason spawned multiple connections.
Dredge
Classic

Post by Dredge »

bookworm wrote:Yes, we have documented incidents where a large number of 'guests' swarmed the board which was in reality a bot that for some reason spawned multiple connections.
In a follow-up, is there a mechanism to expel bots from this site and would such a mechanism be an ethical solution to the glaring inaccuracies shown here?
SirWhit
I'm finally a No0b

Post by SirWhit »

There's not much you can do about bots, and they don't harm the site, in fact, some are useful in that they index this site for search engines to aid discovery, so we don't see a need at the moment to reduce bot traffic.
Connie G.
I'm a teapot

Post by Connie G. »

Why do the round icons for some announcements turn gray once they're read, while others stay reddish colored?
I have learned to kiss the wave that throws me against the rock of ages. ~C.H. Spurgeon
hello and Where are all the hot people? ~Penguin