Lottery Changes

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
Bren
Be positive!

Lottery Changes

Post by Bren »

We as your Town Council are working on the economy. One case of this is some changes we have made to the lottery. There will now be a base amount of $10.00 for every drawing. Everyone who purchases a ticket will add $5.00 to that base amount. We lowered the cost of tickets because you can now buy an excess of 10 tickets for the lottery. We hope you like these changes. :)
ImageImageImage
logos linked
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Two things:

1. It's a Raffle, not a Lottery. (Yes I know what the mod says, but this was a big deal here.)

2. I think changing it up for a while is good, but I wonder if you should have made all of the changes at once. Introducing a base prize on its own should suffice to encourage more use; simultaneously increasing the number of tickets that can be bought feels odd to me. And 10 seems rather high.

We can certainly try this out for a while as a fun change up, like that special Christmas Raffle we did a while back, but I would recommend reverting the multiple tickets option after some time. I'd leave the base prize; running a Raffle with a guaranteed profit for a while should be quite effective changing the dynamic.

It's commendable your attention is on the economy, good for you. :)
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

I can fix the raffle name. The jackpot is currently at $250.00
ImageImageImage
logos linked