Delete this thread, please.

Thread deletion pending!

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
Dredge
Classic

Delete this thread, please.

Post by Dredge »

May someone please remove this thread?
Last edited by Dredge on Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:47 pm, edited 7 times in total.
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not ignorance. It's that they know so much that isn't so." ---President Ronald Reagan
MericaBlog is the new joint Tumblr used by me and a couple friends.
SirWhit
I'm finally a No0b

Post by SirWhit »

What is the party stance on trolls and similar online pests (cyberbullies, etc.)
Dredge
Classic

Post by Dredge »

Reginald wrote:What is the party stance on trolls and similar online pests (cyberbullies, etc.)
Trolls and cyberbullies aren't what belong on a respectable message board. Trolls, usually, are people who never learned how to communicate viewpoints intelligently. The party, particularly, believes that trolls should be removed from sites for extended periods of time and that their subsequent behavior should be monitored for signs of change.

Cyberbullies, however, while their methods are usually less overt than trolls, are much more detrimental to the well-being of a board. Countless individuals can point to a cyberbully's insensitive, malformed, or just plain insulting post as a turning point in their psychological life. For this reason, cyberbullies have violated Rules of Respectable Internet conduct and therefore are entitled to permanent bans. Some cyberbullies, in fact, are practicing harrasment. In these cases, the party highly recommends legal action, though they do not believe website officials should be pulled in to this action.
Last edited by Dredge on Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not ignorance. It's that they know so much that isn't so." ---President Ronald Reagan
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

How does the Ypiresian Party feel about potential candidates who watch professional wrestling?
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Dredge
Classic

Post by Dredge »

Bren wrote:How does the Ypiresian Party feel about potential candidates who watch professional wrestling?
While party chairman SimplyDredge occasionally watches such events and finds them enjoyable, and while we plan to bring all facets of American culture, sports included, to Odyssey, we do not as a unit endorse all sports over sll others.
Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

God-oriented service qualities
What does this mean, exactly?
"Any aspect of your faith which you do not question, is the one which should be questioned most."
"I totally approve of toddlers getting married." -Continental Admiral (aka Baragon)
Dredge
Classic

Post by Dredge »

Kait wrote:
God-oriented service means that you agree to the pending section of our platform that says God opens doors that no man can shut, and the ToO is one of those doors until further notice. It also means that you should have an attitude of service and have every intention of serving the ToO to the very limit.
Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

SimplyDredge wrote:
Kait wrote:
God-oriented service means that you agree to the pending section of our platform that says God opens doors that no man can shut, and the ToO is one of those doors until further notice.
So how will we know when God wants to shut the door of the ToO? :-k
"Any aspect of your faith which you do not question, is the one which should be questioned most."
"I totally approve of toddlers getting married." -Continental Admiral (aka Baragon)
SirWhit
I'm finally a No0b

Post by SirWhit »

Kait wrote:
SimplyDredge wrote:
Kait wrote:
God-oriented service means that you agree to the pending section of our platform that says God opens doors that no man can shut, and the ToO is one of those doors until further notice.
When the doors slam shut and lock with a loud bang, of course :yes:
Dredge
Classic

Post by Dredge »

Kait wrote:
SimplyDredge wrote:
Kait wrote:
When He lets us know its His will for the site to cease operations. But for now this place is an open door that no man can shut. (Rev. 3:7)
Last edited by Dredge on Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

That didn't really answer my question, though. HOW will you know God's will? And technically, Shadowpaw is a man and can shut down this site anytime, so. :anxious:
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Kait wrote:That didn't really answer my question, though. HOW will you know God's will? And technically, Shadowpaw is a man and can shut down this site anytime, so. :anxious:
Are you saying it's time for a new pantheon? \:D/
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Dredge
Classic

Post by Dredge »

Kait wrote:That didn't really answer my question, though. HOW will you know God's will? And technically, Shadowpaw is a man and can shut down this site anytime, so. :anxious:
True, Shadowpaw is a man, but when you're doing the will of God, He will bless what you're doing.

On that note, look, I have the $400 sittin' in the bank. If some candidate wants that dough I suggest they enter this primary, becasuse if no one steps forward we'll be dealin' with rollover money.
Last edited by Dredge on Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Bren wrote:How does the Ypiresian Party feel about potential candidates who watch professional wrestling?
I will only support a pro wrestling oriented candidate, myself.
Dredge
Classic

Post by Dredge »

Hmmm... If no one competes for the nomination I will unfortunately have to nominate myself.
Pianoman
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Pianoman »

I'm still confused as to what is going on... Could you rephrase in simple terms? =p
Countess
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Countess »

SimplyDredge wrote:Hmmm... If no one competes for the nomination I will unfortunately have to nominate myself.
How is that unfortunate?
Dredge
Classic

Post by Dredge »

Because I wanted to nominate someone else...

-- Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:07 am --
Isaiah the Ox wrote:I'm still confused as to what is going on... Could you rephrase in simple terms? =p
This is the official thread regarding the formation of the Odyssey Ypiresian Party. The party's main goal is to improve the ToO via various site betterment initiatives, including new, engaging events and a major phpBB edit. Party candidates must display God-oriented service qualities, meaning you must be a Christian and willing to serve others to run on the party ticket. You announce your candidacy in this thread and should you do so you will be placed in the poll at the top of the screen.

The poll runs until August 9th, at which time a nominee will be announced. If no one seeks the nomination, the party chair is obligated to nominate him-or herself. Following this election, in which the party founder was named party chairman, the highest ranking ToO official to win a party contest will appoint the next chairperson.

The party nominee will recieve at least $400 in contributions from the party, though that number could rise in short order. Party officials and members will also campaign for and provide support for party officials.

-- Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:26 pm --

EDIT: WHO POSTED THIS??? No trouble, just curious as to where they got these names
Last edited by Dredge on Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

I mean, I would totally seek the nomination myself but I'm not a Christian so unfortunately that disqualifies me from your discriminatory theocracy. \:D/
Dredge
Classic

Post by Dredge »

Note: The party has decided against self-nomination at its meetings. Instead, the party will nominate at its discretion two (2) users believed to garner support in a general election, and publicly award the funds. Furthermore, the incoming nominee will select the next party chair to commence with the rules for seeking the Term 35 nomination.