Town of Odyssey Development Committee

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Town of Odyssey Development Committee

Post by snubs »

Yes, yes, I know I'm retired, but I can't help that I come up with good ideas! \:D/ Besides, my retirement is more of an indefinite leave of absence. ;)

. . .

With no teams making the ballot this election season, I was inspired with an idea to form what I'm calling, the Town of Odyssey Development Committee, which would serve as a group for people interested in the Town's prosperity. This is not a group where members would have special colored names or powers, such as admin or moderator abilities. Think of it more as a faction group, only we won't have a special forum for this committee. :p If a faction proves to be necessary, then we will use the Eco/Tech Committee usergroup. And if ACP access is needed for a certain thing, then Catspaw will give temporary permissions to the appropriate people.

VISION
Ideally, the goal of the Development Committee would be to address issues ToO citizens have put forth in recent months/years, and come up with ways to resolve said issues. Issues like, lack of activity, outdated phpBB software, what to do with "dead" factions, and obtaining new members more regularly. Essentially, our start would be confronting a lot of the matters Bob brought up in his campaign.

But things don't have to stop there, to reiterate, the topics just mentioned would be a good starting point, but I see this group having so many different possibilities and uses. Currently, our focus would be on website and community development, however, in the future we could even organize hosting an event (or get other people to do so). We could even come up with ways to encourage citizens to run in elections. Ways to help improve are endless.

TIME COMMITMENT
I don't have a set duration for this committee. My idea was for it to simply be a group of people who like to get involved and are always looking for ways to improve things around town, big or small. So committing tons of time is not necessary. If you have the time however, go for it! If not, whatever you can offer would be great. :yes:

. . .

Town Developers:
  • snubs
  • Kaida
  • Tea Ess
  • Monty_Whittaker
  • SirWhit
  • Woody
  • bookworm
  • Agent 86
  • Bob
  • Bren
  • Amerigo Primero
  • Countess

If YOU want to become a Town Developer, please post below showing your interest! Please note however, this group is only for those ready and willing to get involved and/or contribute in discussions. But don't let that make you feel obligated to commit lots of time, because you do not. A little can go a long way. :) As long as you help in some form or fashion, you'll be a welcomed addition.

Feel free to represent with this lovely signature:

Code: Select all

[img]https://i.postimg.cc/L50M93Gh/Odyssey-Development-Committee.png[/img]
Anyone who requests to join, I will add them to the list. However, if over time you do not show fairly regular participation, you will be removed. You can be added back if you request it, but you'll have to show some involvement.
Last edited by snubs on Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:10 am, edited 11 times in total.
Monty_Whittaker
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Monty_Whittaker »

I'm interested, as I did not make the ballot. Yeah!
Resident JRPG nut
SirWhit
I'm finally a No0b

Post by SirWhit »

I'm interested, count me in to help on anything in general, but especially tech.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Great! I've added you both to the list of Developers.

Hopefully we'll see some other enthusiastic ToO'ers interested in helping out. :yes:
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

I'd love to serve the town in this way. I'll happily help out with any tech stuff that needs doing, and I'd also be very interested in helping out with any contests and events we decide to run. :)
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Some time ago I championed the idea of a group that talked out developmental issues like these to get a well formed understanding of them before jumping to action. Very much like what we have been doing in that campaign thread. If that is part of what this is I would like to be on the input committee that helps analyze proposals to determine the most effective courses of action.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

@bookworm: Giving input is certainly welcomed. Though, we plan to do more than just discuss.

I also welcome any ideas or concerns anyone has that you think we should fix/put into action.
Agent 86
0x Moderator 0x Admin
0x Moderator 0x Admin

Post by Agent 86 »

Hmm.. I think I might be able to help sometimes. :) Would the faction get a specific color? :P
^AIOluver^

Who am I? I'd rather not answer that question, the real question is, "Who are you?". Right now I am trying to think of something witty to put here.. I might not find anything, but that's fine. This block of text should be fine for a signature. Wait, are you still reading this? Why are you reading this? Stop. Seriously.
STOP.
This sentence is true.
The sentence above is false.

I dare you not to read this.
Hey! I said not to read this.
Maybe if I talk like this.
Wait, you still see me? *sighs* I give up.

http://blackgaardscastle.forumotion.com/
Dredge
Classic

Post by Dredge »

I just had a weird thought... Instead of people paying for ballot access, why not have them just pay a base fee to run in an open-primary type deal and then pay per campaign post? If someone hit a majority in the open primary, election over, and if it's just a plurality, we have a runoff.
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not ignorance. It's that they know so much that isn't so." ---President Ronald Reagan
MericaBlog is the new joint Tumblr used by me and a couple friends.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

This should be split to a new thread, but are you saying whoever posts most becomes mayor?
Bob
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Bob »

@snubs: I can't promise I'll be very active in this, but if I'm in I'd probably offer my opinions, at least on occasion.
Monty_Whittaker

We need to start discussing things. NOW.
Resident JRPG nut
Tea Ess
Animatronic

Post by Tea Ess »

What do you think we should we discuss first?
"And the fire with all the strength it hath."
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

@Agent 86: No, we don't get a special color. :p

@Monty_Whittaker: No need to be impatient. :shame:

I was thinking we could discuss our current lack activity and start implementing ways to hopefully boost it. But first, do you guys think we should keep discussion out here, or move it to the Eco/Tech Committe usergroup?

Also, everyone should note that anyone who requests to join, I will add them to the list. However, if over time you do not show fairly regular participation, you will be removed. You can be added back if you request it, but you'll have to show some involvement.
Tea Ess
Animatronic

Post by Tea Ess »

Personally I think it would be best to have our discussions in a designated faction. Eco/Tech would be fine with me, and maybe chatting would be helpful too.
"And the fire with all the strength it hath."
Monty_Whittaker

I agree with Tea Ess.
Resident JRPG nut
Dredge
Classic

Post by Dredge »

Yeah, Tea's right here.

-- Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:58 pm --

Hey, Snubs... Activity has gone slightly up in recent months.
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not ignorance. It's that they know so much that isn't so." ---President Ronald Reagan
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

I just put up a discussion thread on inactive factions, so Town Developers, please check it out and give your input! \:D/

EDIT: By the way, this thread is still open for recruits if you'd like to join the Committee!
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

You're retired. :noway:

But other than that, great idea! I just wonder how far it will go.
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
Dredge
Classic

Post by Dredge »

I'd like to join please!