Terminology

an issue of the utmost importance

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
Tea Ess
Animatronic

Terminology

Post by Tea Ess »

What term should we use to refer to Soda Shop and Town of Odyssey members collectively? I'm tired of always using "people from the SS/ToO" and it's time we had a term that includes members of both boards. Since people from the SS and ToO are referred to as Soda Shoppers and ToOers, I propose that we call members of both boards SodaTowners. Possible uses:

"The chat party participants included SodaTowners, new users, and a few old chatters."

"I didn't have wifi this week, so I visited a coffee shop to reply to some emails and access the SodaTown."

I'm hoping to score bookworm points with this since it also doubles as a historical reference.
"And the fire with all the strength it hath."
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I wasn't aware there was a need for such a term, but if there is I support this one.
Tea Ess
Animatronic

Post by Tea Ess »

I run into the problem pretty frequently, since I have a presence on both boards and often need to refer to both of them at the same time. I'm not sure how many others feel the same way though.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Well, I may be on both, but I prefer to be known as a ToO'er. So I guess it depends on the person/member.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Tea Ess
Animatronic

Post by Tea Ess »

It's definitely not meant to replace either Soda Shopper or ToOer for any individual person, it just comes into play when referring to both groups at once.

I still identify as a Soda Shopper, but I'll use the term SodaTowner to include myself when I'm talking about people on the SS and ToO collectively.
Dredge
Classic

Post by Dredge »

I am a ToO'er.
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not ignorance. It's that they know so much that isn't so." ---President Ronald Reagan
MericaBlog is the new joint Tumblr used by me and a couple friends.
Countess
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Countess »

Reuelist wrote:I am a ToO'er.
Hehehe. Despite you coming to the SS first?
Dredge
Classic

Post by Dredge »

^Yep, somebody ruined my SCOTUS thread and then all went to Hoopla.
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not ignorance. It's that they know so much that isn't so." ---President Ronald Reagan
MericaBlog is the new joint Tumblr used by me and a couple friends.
Tea Ess
Animatronic

Post by Tea Ess »

Don't put this on other people. You consistently posted hate and broke the board rules, and then you were banned.

Anyways, each and everyone one of you is a ToOer or SSer, and together we're all SodaTowners! \:D/
Old Brad
I've been working out

Post by Old Brad »

Or Town of Shoppers! \:D/
“For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him."
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Well, Kaida first joined the SS but now more so associates herself as a ToO'er. Or maybe just a ToO chatter. =p
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Tea Ess
Animatronic

Post by Tea Ess »

Yeah, there's been some crossover on both sides, and a lot of interaction over the last few years that's been great for everyone in the SodaTown.
GJ
Pilgrim

Post by GJ »

I personally like SodaTowners. It seems like less of a hassle to say.
"To know whether truth is actually true or just an imposter, give it some licorice." -Wooton Basset