A Very Woody Anniversary

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

A Very Woody Anniversary

Post by Woody »

Friends, Family, and Countrymen! Today is a joyous occasion! For on this very day, five years ago, a young n00b called Shakespeare didst make his very first post. He was immature, laughable, perhaps even trollish. But this young padawan was destined for greatness... (Sorry, was that vain?)

Yes, friends, today marks my five-year anniversary as a member of the Town of Odyssey! This is an occasion I've been looking forward to for a while, and was determined not to forget (I even made a note on my calendar). This post itself is also a milestone, as it is my five-thousandth post! (Yes, I did go on a posting spree to make it so). In honor of this, the first 10 (5+5) people to reply to this post will receive $25 (5x5).

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank each and every one of you for being the very special people that make this such a very special place. You have all meant so much to me at different times in my stay here.

This forum has truly been a gigantic influence in my life, and I'm truly grateful for the people that have made my experience here not only memorable but meaningful. Many of you have been life-changing influences on me (in great ways, I assure you!) This forum has introduced me to the best friends I have ever known, who have helped me through countless hard times, and have always been there when I needed them the most. I also discovered my passion for writing through this board, and was also introduced to my future career (Web Development) and the college through which I am pursuing this field (Liberty University) on this forum. The Town of Odyssey has truly had a fantastic impact on my life, far greater than anything I could have imagined when I made my first post on that fateful morning five years ago.

I'd like to take a moment to thank a few people in particular, though if you're not on this list, please do not be offended, I love and appreciate each and every one of you! <3

To Samantha14, thank you for being the best friend I could possibly have asked for. You have left many, many, many fingerprints on the surface of who I am, and I am eternally grateful for your love and friendship throughout the years we've known each other.

To Belle, thank you for being a fantastic friend/mother/daughter/etc. You're such a lovely person, and I've greatly appreciated the chance to get to know you over the time we've spent together.

To Buzz, though she'll never read this, thank you for being my first friend here. You're the person that kept me coming back to this forum during my first few months here. For that I am grateful. :)

To Joy, Termite, and Marvin D., thank you for your excitement and passion for NaNoWriMo that gave me that first spark of interest in literary endeavours. It's thanks to you that I have discovered both a passion and a talent for writing.

To Amysthetic, Belle, John Chrysostom, and all the other Whovians on here, thank you for introducing me to my favorite show.

To bookworm, thank you for being my fellow computer geek, and for introducing me to coding. Thank you also for your prayers and friendship.

To John Chrysostom/Eleventh Doctor and Tigerintheshadows, thank you for enduring my initial lack of debating skills, and for teaching me to think for myself, to form my own opinions, and to learn how to defend them.

To Knight Fisher, thank you for being a fantastic friend and running mate. I greatly enjoyed working with you during our two terms as Mayor and Chief of Police.

To Limerick, Skid, Audrey, Wes, Isaiah the Ox, Jelly, Penguin, and GJFH, thank you for the countless laughs you brought to me, and for just being the genuinely funny people you are.

To Westay, thank you for being the most glorious ship I ever built.

To Countess, thank you for your friendship and advice. Though our friendship is only a recent one, I've greatly enjoyed our talks. Also, thank you for Designated Survivor. That show is beautiful.

Finally, thank you to Shadowpaw, Catspaw, and snubs for the time and work you've put in to creating, maintaining, and stimulating (respectively) this forum. It's truly a wonderful community, and one I value greatly. Thank you for the time and effort you've put into making it that. May the ToO live long and prosper.

Again, if I missed you, don't be offended. You are greatly valued as the essential member of the community that you are! ^_^

Here's to the next five years,
Woody

As a note, this post was meant to be posted on January 11, 2017, but due to connection issues, I was unable to post it until now.
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
Connie G.
I'm a teapot

Post by Connie G. »

*posts only for the money*

but yeah i guess it's been ok having you
I have learned to kiss the wave that throws me against the rock of ages. ~C.H. Spurgeon
hello and Where are all the hot people? ~Penguin
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

In spite of your promotion of duct tape use for torture, I wish to congratulate you on five years of Town of Odyssey membership
ImageImageImage
logos linked
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I'm very glad you're here Woody, you know you are a deeply important part of the community to me.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Wow, five years already? :mad:

Actually, it seems like that should be longer...it feels like Woody has been here forever! Here's to five more great years! :D
GJ
Pilgrim

Post by GJ »

Woah...I made you laugh? :-s :D Thank you mentioning me Woody, I'm glad I have met you and look forward to further discussing Doctor Who and exchanging memes.
Congratulations on this accomplishment! \:D/
"To know whether truth is actually true or just an imposter, give it some licorice." -Wooton Basset
Parakeet
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Parakeet »

Cool! I'm new but i hope ill be here as long (or longer) as you've been here!
that's cool that you're giving money to people. it bribes them to post to lol. okay byeee!
:D \:D/ :lol:
Don't you
remember
the SNOWFLAKES.
SirWhit
I'm finally a No0b

Post by SirWhit »

Congrats dude!

also thanks for the money lol
Last edited by SirWhit on Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

*is offended* :noway:

But hey, 5 years is longer than a lot of people stay active.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Dredge
Classic

Post by Dredge »

Happy anniversary!
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not ignorance. It's that they know so much that isn't so." ---President Ronald Reagan
MericaBlog is the new joint Tumblr used by me and a couple friends.
Old Brad
I've been working out

Post by Old Brad »

Nice dude, I was going to be offended, but Dan is already so...
Congrats on 5 years!
“For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him."
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

I'm offended even though my name shows up just because I want to be offended \:D/
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Connie G.
I'm a teapot

Post by Connie G. »

I'm offended because I didn't get my promised money and because everyone else is offended. :protest:
I have learned to kiss the wave that throws me against the rock of ages. ~C.H. Spurgeon
hello and Where are all the hot people? ~Penguin
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Kinda late but..

YAY FOR FIVE YEARS (and 5,000!), \:D/ I can't believe it's been that long. =o You've been a big part of this community and in keeping it active. :yes: And you're very welcome, you are one of the reasons why I've put so much effort into this little Town. ;)

:highfive:
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |