Town Hall Archive link is broken--sort of

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
NatetheGreat
Got Pancakes?

Town Hall Archive link is broken--sort of

Post by NatetheGreat »

The masthead link to "Town Hall Archive" goes to some random blog. Guessing that's not what's intended?
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

That's really weird. Did someone else buy the domain?
It still went to the TH last I used it, but that was a while ago.

Edit:

Very weird. Dates from domain lookups on aiosf.com and that site overlap, so it doesn't appear Shadowpaw's registration lapsed and the other site picked it up. However pings to aiosf.com return from that other site, so the internet officially considers them to be the same place.
NatetheGreat
Got Pancakes?

Post by NatetheGreat »

I'm sure it could be redirected to the Internet Archive version, if need be, yes?
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

As a last resort yes, but as I said as far as I can tell the TH domain should still be intact. I did some more digging and the two domains are managed by different registrars, and as I noted previously their dates overlap. This is confirmed by reviewing caching history from the Wayback Machine. Both sites existed simultaneously in the past, this doesn't appear to be a case of the TH going away and this site moving in to the location replacing it. Rather, it appears that somehow the 'directions' to the two sites got combined into one so that attempts to reach the TH are sent there instead. I have pointed Shadowpaw to this thread, he will know if the domain lapsed or not so we can figure out what exactly is going on.
NatetheGreat
Got Pancakes?

Post by NatetheGreat »

Thanks for looking into it. :)
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Thanks for noticing the problem!