The TOO Morgue

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!

The TOO Morgue is totally a great idea, right?

WRONG!
11%
Right! You heard the man, Shadowpaw! Make it happen!
77%
What a totally long post for such a useless Topic. Bah. Not even gonna read it.
3%
As much as I want to be able to remember Bennett for always and Eternity, I'm very much undecided.
9%

Total votes: 35

Bennett
Someone's favorite

The TOO Morgue

Post by Bennett »

I think we should have a Too morgue up where the list of sections are, prefferably next to the "Preferences" section.

It's a place where leaving Members may place their name once they decide to leave, something about them, what they're known for, their list of most used Avatars, positions, pictures, reason why you left, amount of posts, the job they had, and, finally their Will!

In their Will, they will be allowed to place where they wish their money to go, and who it should go to.

And, I mean, you don't have to accually die, or anything, to put your name there. But, I say people that need to be away for over 6 months to freeze their account and temporarily put it aside. That way, people can know who is away, for what reason, and how long it's marked that they will be gone for.

Another benifit of this is if say someone as important as Shadowpaw is going to Africa to fight Penguins for the year, and cannot post until then, it'll be a place to put his importance and memories on the board so that the newest members that come afterwards may already know who he is and know his importance and involvement on the board. That way, his important legacy may live on!

And, heck, you can always come back to life.

Of course, everyone will want to have a grave of themselves to show their importance on the board. That's why you must BUY a casket first for a fee. Not a high amount, mind you, but someone who posts every few months and doesn't mind not appearing for 6 months just to have yourself engraved on the fancy Morgue List of deceased. This way, someone who has been a significant memebr of the board may be the ones sharing this previledged.

Yes, perhaps it's just some other popularity thing. But I think of it as a way to cure the problem of having these memorable older members such as Jacob Isom, Dr. Blackgaard, Trina...and others, to have them instilled (not them, specifically, but people who will become like them in the future) and be remembered even by the newer members who weren't around when they weren't.

And also, knowing that you're still remembered, and that your honorably mentioned on the board, as well as everythign about you, will make you be more excited about coming back, instead of thinking; "Well, I'm no longer really remembered, unless I revive those posts..."

I say we have this great way to remember people on the board!! And, I think we should be able to buy the casket now, and write to be able to write our will. This way, when the time comes for Little Johnny to go off to college, he'll be ready to say "Goodbye Too! Thankfully, Bennett came up with this great idea that I'll still be remembered!"

EDIT: Oh yes, and you could put a link to your Member Quizzes since they all seem to be gone at the moment.

BC
Last edited by Bennett on Sun Nov 27, 2005 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

I like the general idea BC but I'm not sure about the concept of "morgue" and coming back to life... :-k

I think it would be great to have a more official "Goodbye" section for long loved members to explain why they are leaving for a spell.

It also provides newbies with a chance to become familier with "that person everyone seems to mention and knows so much about but doesn't post here anymore"
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

Post by Rachael Blackgaard »

lol, you're not really going to be dead; just pretending to be for the benefit of any secret agents that are after you.

"Once I got out of the Morgue, I never felt better in my life."
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

STRYPER wrote:
I think it would be great to have a more official "Goodbye" section for long loved members to explain why they are leaving for a spell.
By section, I don't mean "Boards" or "SubBoards" or "Forums" or anything. I actually mean, just like the "Census" Section, a "Morgue" section. You know, just like a real town, with the names listed. Really, it all depends on the layout of the page. Of course, having it like the layout of the "Census" would be a little boring. But maybe having a list with the picture of each person, and then you can click and bring it on a small page about all of it. Or perhaps have it all on one page right at the beginning. Truly, it's left up to the imagination right now. But I truly think it could work well.

BC
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

Rachael wrote:"Once I got out of the Morgue, I never felt better in my life."
Ha! My predictions were correct! >:D
...It sounds like something that could be useful, although the modding difficulty may be an issue. Or it may not. Any comments from those who know what they're talking about?
"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

The BC wrote: And, heck, you can always come back to life.
>_> So thats how EB does it...but I dont think if you go to the morgue your account should be freezed, great idea though.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I think this is a cool idea. :-k
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

It sounds like a great idea. There should be a place where you can add comments about the person who is in the "Morgue." Like "they pm'ed me everyday and always gave grand advice" or something like that, el compredeir?

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
Mr.Whit
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Mr.Whit »

great idea bc
Elf of Rivendell
random passerby elf
random passerby elf

Post by Elf of Rivendell »

I like the idea as well. ^_^
sorrowing you must go, and yet you are not without hope

sarai: rice cookerrrr
uz: 'ice coakrrrrr!!
uz: that's like the next gen shad lexoooooorrrrr
STRYPER

Post by STRYPER »

The only question is, does Shadowpaw like the idea... :pray:
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

I do, in fact, like the idea ;). Though I'm not really sure how it could be implemented... making a separate message board seems to be the only way, something like Crestwood... unfortunately, coding something similar to the Census would take far too much time.... time I don't have :(.

Also, instead of a morgue... could it be something like the Odyssey Airport? People listing their departures... and arrivals?
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

Santapaw wrote:I do, in fact, like the idea ;). Though I'm not really sure how it could be implemented... making a separate message board seems to be the only way
Well, if it's a message board, I'd personnaly be against the idea, only because it's a lot less organized and special. No one would go there, and it wouldn't be as special. The whole 'goodbye' and now I'm 'back' thing isn't as simple and special. It would just be another board.
Santapaw wrote:unfortunately, coding something similar to the Census would take far too much time.... time I don't have :(.
Well, their isn't a deadline or anything. But perhaps something planned to appear sometime someday. It's pretty much an idea for someday.

BC
STRYPER

Post by STRYPER »

Santapaw wrote:Also, instead of a morgue... could it be something like the Odyssey Airport? People listing their departures... and arrivals?
I like that a LOT better than the morgue
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Mr.Whit
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Mr.Whit »

yeah great idea santapaw
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Sounds like some good ideas! \:D/
We do have a welcome and goodbye thread but I guess this would be a little more "official" and easier to search. O:)
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

At long last the Scribbler can be laid to rest instead of his body lying in the boarded up Tattler offices... :boohoo:
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Santapaw wrote:
Also, instead of a morgue... could it be something like the Odyssey Airport? People listing their departures... and arrivals?
But then we cant put obituaries in the paper!
MDB17
Lucid and deductive

Post by MDB17 »

i like the idea
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

I like the airport idea.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.