Rate The Administration

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!

Does the ToO leadership system need to be changed?

Poll ended at Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:09 pm

Yes! - The system is not working!
26%
No! - Things are being run just fine!
74%

Total votes: 50

Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

Post by Eugene Blackgaard »

Indeed. I remember, there was a time when I was the number 2 poster on the TH, right after Jared. *nostaligc sigh* :inlove:

*cough* Anyway, now I've become more of an observer, since my time is limited, I mainly watch, and occasionally post. I've been slightly more active after yesterday's events, and it's been nice to be posting again. :)
ToO Comic - #1|#2|#3|#4|#5|#6|Filler#1|Filler#2|#7|#8|#9

In the darkness the Motherhood silently bakes cake and knits sweaters with love in every stitch.
Call me Sergeant Pepper.
MDB17
Lucid and deductive

Post by MDB17 »

I i voted that the system isn't working because i feel like we need increase the amount of admins that can edit the whole board. i think we should have 3 elected admins shadow, and then 2 people appionted as "gobal" admins.
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

MDB17 wrote:I i voted that the system isn't working because i feel like we need increase the amount of admins that can edit the whole board. i think we should have 3 elected admins shadow, and then 2 people appionted as "gobal" admins.
Then what's the difference between elected admins and appointed admins? (except for the fact that some work hard to get elected and the other 2 just sit back wait to be appointed.)? :-k
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

STRYPER wrote:Then what's the difference between elected admins and appointed admins? (except for the fact that some work hard to get elected and the other 2 just sit back wait to be appointed.)? :-k
Well the system is two elected admins (Bmuntz and Catspaw, currently) and 2 appointed Global Mods (Top and EB). The global mods are appointed like the rest of the mods... but the global mods don't have any real decision making power and do not have access to the admin control panel, IP addresses, banning/jail powers, stock market or anything... they are simply moderators who can moderate all the boards.
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

I was responding under the assumption that MDB17 wanted Global "Admins" having the same power as the elected admins.

Of course this might not have been what he was getting at :anxious:
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

Global mods can't moderate the Election forum. This was demonstrated in the incident a few nights ago.
"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.
Me
An original

Post by Me »

I believe they have since been given the power, though.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Indeed we have!
Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

And we've been abusing it to no end! \:D/
Hey Jonathan, remember what your campaign USED to say? Well, after what we changed it to we made sure the public wouldn't! :evillaugh:

In the darkness the Motherhood silently bakes cake and knits sweaters with love in every stitch.
Call me Sergeant Pepper.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Eugene Blackgaard wrote:And we've been abusing it to no end! \:D/
Hey Jonathan, remember what your campaign USED to say? Well, after what we changed it to we made sure the public wouldn't! :evillaugh:
Buwahahah! ;)
gimp80995
No way I broke the window

Post by gimp80995 »

Eon Spitfire EK V2 wrote:
Buwahahah! ;)
LOL.....abuse of power :noway: ;)

Peace Out

-Gimp
God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
MDB17
Lucid and deductive

Post by MDB17 »

STRYPER wrote:
MDB17 wrote:I i voted that the system isn't working because i feel like we need increase the amount of admins that can edit the whole board. i think we should have 3 elected admins shadow, and then 2 people appionted as "gobal" admins.
Then what's the difference between elected admins and appointed admins? (except for the fact that some work hard to get elected and the other 2 just sit back wait to be appointed.)? :-k
what i meant was for the electeded admins to appionted people the have most of the same powers so the would act as a cabient
Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

Well, that's that, then. Apparently the system is just fine. :)

Call me Sergeant Pepper.
AIO Psyche
Geniune Disney Cast Member

Post by AIO Psyche »

I wish I could have voted.........................
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

I must disagree. Although I didn't get to vote, I think that the system is working amazingly! Way to go MOD team! Alread 3 members can edit the system. I don't think anymore is needed. Some forums don't need 5+ people to mod them. Just my thoughts at the moment.
Fenix
The Rich

Post by Fenix »

systems aight. why mess with a good thing?
Baragon
Party Pooper

Post by Baragon »

Perhaps my comments won't be very desired considering my past. ;) But I think the board works quite well as it is. Perhaps a mod or two could be added, but thus far, it seems that things are handled very well. I come on here quite a bit, but I don't post very often... I'm a lurker. So as I lurk, it seems the admins\mods are handling things rather well... There will be incidents where things aren't corrected immediately, no matter how many people you have here, probably, considering the size of the board. And I don't think you can honestly expect an admin to be here at the same time an incident can occur, considering they'd have to be here 24\7. An incident can happen at any given time, and not every time will there be someone to fix it as soon as it occurs. The best you can do, it seems, is to fix it as soon as it comes to the attention of the admin\mod team. Having more admins just creates another situation like the TH. Although, I might add, I have no doubt that this board won't end up like the TH. I know Shadowpaw has a very clear picture of how he wishes this board to remain, and it'll be nothing like the TH. ;)

Just a few comments. :)
Dr. Watson wrote:The main reason for the Civil War was so that rednecks can drive around with Confederate flags in their pickup trucks.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Continental Admiral wrote:Having more admins just creates another situation like the TH. Although, I might add, I have no doubt that this board won't end up like the TH. I know Shadowpaw has a very clear picture of how he wishes this board to remain, and it'll be nothing like the TH. ;)
:mecry: So sad.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Eon Spitfire EK V2 wrote:
Buwahahah! ;)
And yet........ ;)

And I know that I'm coming into this dicussion far too late, but I see no reason to add admins; two of those and two global mods (not to mention the number of normal mods) keeps things working just fine imo.