Campaign Promises

Will be kept

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Campaign Promises

Post by Jonathan »

During our campaign one of our supporters voiced concern over this, and I figured I should say something about it:

We plan on keeping every promise we made in our platform. I can't say what exactly will happen when, but hopefully most of them will be taken care of in the first half of our term, and all of them will be fulfilled by the end of our term.
Last edited by Jonathan on Sun Jan 15, 2006 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Awesome! So when can we expect the next NPC related board-wide event?
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

Very fitting for your 5,000th post. =D>

I am sure you guys will do it and do it well. \:D/

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

I ditto Top's awesome! Thanks for promising to be loyal to your promises!
Baragon
Party Pooper

Post by Baragon »

Promising to be loyal to your promises?

*Shall wait and see if they are indeed fulfilled* ;)
Dr. Watson wrote:The main reason for the Civil War was so that rednecks can drive around with Confederate flags in their pickup trucks.
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

*has great faith in JEC* \:D/
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

Continental Admiral wrote:Promising to be loyal to your promises?

*Shall wait and see if they are indeed fulfilled* ;)
Yep! Being loyal to your promises! \:D/
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

...but...but I love my interest! :mecry:
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

I shall revolt if interest rates are lowered. :protest:

;)
...I hate marquees.
Blipadouzi
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Blipadouzi »

I never saw them promise to lower or raise the interest rates...

They did object to raising the rates...and said someone SUGGESTED they lower the rates but at this time they were not considering it as an option. MAY in the future they will implement it, but not at this moment in time.
JEC Campaign Profile wrote:A. Interest Rates
As I’ve said earlier, we have absolutely no intention of raising interest rates. This way, the problem will not increase. One member has suggested possibly lowering the rate from 2.5% to 1.5%. While we also don’t have plans to lower rates, it is a possibility we will keep in mind for the future.
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

They didn't promise it, just that they would keep it as a possiblity for the future.. ;)
...I hate marquees.
Andrea Meltsner
I've been working out

Post by Andrea Meltsner »

Great! I can't wait to see them followed through.
Doctor Who is Awesome

I couldn't stay away

Nerdfighter for Life!
Lucy Pevensie
sn33ky hobbitses
sn33ky hobbitses

Post by Lucy Pevensie »

Can't wait to see all the plans put into action! :)

And no taxes! :protest:

j/k.... :p
Need a nice signature/avatar set? Take a look at my shop! :)
All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out. John 6:37
Lucy is my twin Laura Ingalls = l33t ~*Robin Baggins/Respectahobbit*~
Andrea Meltsner
I've been working out

Post by Andrea Meltsner »

Lucy Pevensie wrote:Can't wait to see all the plans put into action! :)

And no taxes! :protest:

j/k.... :p
they could have tryed...Read My Lips worked once... ;)
Doctor Who is Awesome

I couldn't stay away

Nerdfighter for Life!
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

Hey Jonathan, could you remind us (maybe in bullet form) what your campaign promises consist of?
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

No more cookies. :(

;)

I am curious as well. :-k

-Cowboy
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

STRYPER wrote:Hey Jonathan, could you remind us (maybe in bullet form) what your campaign promises consist of?
A copy of our platform:
1 ToO Chat

I do realize that this is an issue other campaigns have focused on, but it was in our original plans late last month. In my opinion, the ToO took what the TH had and expanded it to accommodate members creativity, among other things. When the ToO was launched, I felt it was missing two elements that the TH had; an Impolite Company type board, and a chat. We now have an Impolite Company board (appropriately called The Town Hall); now all we need is a chat room. By doing this, we will truly have all the TH had, and more.

I’ll be honest in saying that I don’t know the first thing about chat rooms. However, I will be looking into the subject, so I know how to handle it should we be elected. And like the TH (up until last winter anyway) we will have a link on the index for the chat, making it easily accessible to members.

2 De-Spamming Finneman's

As moderators of Finneman’s Market, the most posted on board on the ToO, there is a change we have found necessary; De-Spamming the board. The “spam” I’m referring to is topics such as “What are you wearing right now?” or “What did you have for breakfast?”, etc. While there is nothing wrong with such topics per se, they have created clutter in Finneman’s. We don’t feel that they should be money earning topics (especially since several members have made irrelevant posts in them, such as saying “nothing” in the food topics), and will have them moved to Hillingdale.

3 User Stock Market?

First, I want so say that this is not a campaign promise, but simply an idea we are still exploring. Hence the question mark. My understanding is that someone would have to monitor the Crestwood shops and manually change the market daily based on thread hits, business, etc.

As someone who does not frequent the stock market, I wouldn’t want to do so. So if this idea were to be implemented, we would seek to hire a non-biased member who does not have a shop to monitor Crestwood. This would be a paid position, and one members would have to apply for.

If this idea turns out to not be feasible and does not work out, there is one last option, and that would be to create a few stocks in the general market named after prominent business in Crestwood.

4 Moderators

I have already received several questions about how we will choose moderators. As of now, we are planning on picking them ourselves, as opposed to having applications. However, if we can’t find someone for a specific board, we would then have need to have people apply, and have an application made available.

Also, just in case you all are wondering, we do have several deserving members in mind.

5 Games

This is probably the most exciting idea we’ve come up with (and I can’t take credit for it). As many of you likely remember, Trent DeWhite ran a ToO version of The Amazing Race this past summer. While I wasn’t around for the fun, I have been told it was well done and that the members that participated had a lot of fun.

So with that has our inspiration, our idea is as follows: during our term, we could have one or two of these a month. To do this, we would likely “hire” an individual who would want to do this, and they would be paid to do so. This person would run the games, and Evil Chick and myself would fund them.

Another possibility is to create a sub-forum in O-105, and have the person in charge of these games be the moderator for the new board.

The concept behind all this is to give you, the members, a little fun extra something to do while spending time here. Suggestions regarding this idea are welcomed.

6 New Jobs-including ones requiring multiple degrees

Like other campaigns have promised, we also plan to add more jobs, including ones requiring two or three college degrees. There really isn’t more to say then that.

7 Inflation

As the ToO has been open for eight months now, a good amount of members have acquired an impressive amount of money (and in the case of one member, a downright insane amount of money). The problem is that, as time goes on, these members run out of things to buy, and their money just sits there, gaining interest twice a week. Two things are related to this:

A. Interest Rates
As I’ve said earlier, we have absolutely no intention of raising interest rates. This way, the problem will not increase. One member has suggested possibly lowering the rate from 2.5% to 1.5%. While we also don’t have plans to lower rates, it is a possibility we will keep in mind for the future.

B. More stuff to spend money on
To solve the issue of inflation, we want to add items for members to spend money on, more items to spend on in the shop. Also, we have considered possibly raising prices for some of the items that members who’ve been around for a while may buy.

C. Taxes
This is kind of an afterthought, but since the question is likely to arise, I’ll address it now. While taxes could solve the issue, we have no intention whatsoever to implement taxes. Even though it could get rid of some of that extra money, the idea is worthless.

8 Your Input

Last, but certainly not least, we welcome your ideas and suggestions. What you’ve read here is simply what we’ve thought of. If you have any suggestions or ideas, during the campaign or after the election (assuming we win), please do not hesitate to pm either Evil Chick or myself, and we will give your thoughts ample and fair consideration.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Time Peterbun must set up teh la chat!
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

"Teh la Chat"? ;)

Sounds like a good idea, it can have a French theme. ;)

Cafe de ToO. \:D/

-Cowboy

Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

COWBOY OF TEXAS wrote:Cafe de ToO. \:D/
I like the sound of that :p