Greetings!

Back in Action!

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Greetings!

Post by Shadowpaw »

Hello again!

As the subject suggests, I am back ;). I originally wrote this in the Welcome/Goodbye thread, but I understand my returning actually has implications on this board (as fees and such will once again go through me), so please forgive me for stepping outside of that thread (and temporarily making this global) to announce that I'm back.

First, I'd like to thank Jonathan and Evil Chick for doing a tremendous job in my absence. Things ran very smoothly from what I hear, and things haven't fallen apart (the board is still standing... always a good sign ;)). So thanks you two for picking up my slack and keeping things in order!

As for myself, the past month and a half has been wonderful. I got a great deal of work done in terms of school and work, and despite the odd occasion where I was pulled back to deal with some small isolated matters here, I still feel like I've accomplished more in these past two months than I did in the previous year in total. With that said, I'm ready to come back and serve you, though with the understanding I'm going to try and spend a little less time here than I did in the past, and may need to take small breaks from time to time to focus on real life issues (and I encourage everyone here to do the same if they feel they need to get out a bit more ;)).

It also appears I've got some work ahead of me... so, for the next little bit I'll be trying to get back to some private messages and deal with matters that need addressing. Oh, and if there is anything you'd like to bring to my attention, now is the time to do so and I will try to get it resolved as soon as I can!

Oh, and to address a couple of things. After the Valentine's Day crash, Tim Peterson messaged me a tip to prevent it from happening again. I followed through the advice, and things seemed to be have been fairly good in terms of crashing since then, as there haven't been any violent user names ejected from the board since then. Unfortunately, the changes involved slowing down posting by a big margin, which I was not aware of until last week. So I tweaked it a bit when I found out and I think the board is faster than it was for that few week period (please let me know if this assumption is correct), but the user table is still protected (theoretically) from violent username losses. Are there any guarantees? No, but so far so good and I hope it continues! Also, the recent outtages earlier this week were a result of Dreamhost problems (the DNS hosting was on the fritz). So those outtages are unrelated to the problems we've ran into over the past year ;).

So, with all that said, it's good to be back and I look forward to catching up with each and every one of you!
Last edited by Shadowpaw on Sat Mar 25, 2006 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Welcome back you!
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

Glad you're back. I'll let the weirdos know they can stop the calf worship now. . . :roll:
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Yay! Good to have you back, Shadowpaw. We missed you! :D
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Oh yeah Shadowpaw since you said adress any concerns you have now, erm...check you e-mail...I left you a message like yesterday or so.
the_newfie_haystack
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by the_newfie_haystack »

Hi Shadowpaw! It's good to have you back!

Haystack
"To be nobody but yourself in a world that's doing its best to make you somebody else is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting." -- E. E. Cummings
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Welcome back Shadowpaw!! It is good to have you back!! =D>
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

Eon wrote:Oh yeah Shadowpaw since you said adress any concerns you have now, erm...check you e-mail...I left you a message like yesterday or so.
And check your boards, I addressed them like an hour ago ;).
Oba-rai
Blackgaard Prankster
Blackgaard Prankster

Post by Oba-rai »

*happiness*

Yay Shadowpaw! \:D/

For he's a jolly good founder, for he's a jolly good founder, for he's a jolly good founder...which *nudge* nobody can deny.

:yey:
they may be copper,
annoying little coins! but,
they might be giants.
save your pandas: vote racecar!
Aelwyn
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Aelwyn »

Welcome back Shadowpaw!
Kenric
If posts were pigs...

Post by Kenric »

Welcome back, Shadowpaw! Your return is a good thing and I'm glad you're back :).
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

w00t! Awesomeness! \:D/
...I hate marquees.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Shadowpaw wrote:
Eon wrote:Oh yeah Shadowpaw since you said adress any concerns you have now, erm...check you e-mail...I left you a message like yesterday or so.
And check your boards, I addressed them like an hour ago ;).
...oh. >_>
Carrie Ingalls
An original

Post by Carrie Ingalls »

:party: Welcome back Shadowpaw! We missed you.

~OrigamiKid
In the darkness, my thugs silently protect the girls from sketchy Bostonians
Thirteen is a prime number. I hate prime numbers. ~Trent DeWhite
OrigamiKid= Is seen working with square pieces of imported paper. ~Sarai
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Welcome back, Corey! :)

You've missed out on so many of my exploits... :boohoo:
Baragon
Party Pooper

Post by Baragon »

Welcome back, Corey. \:D/

Yeah, I was nice for once.
Dr. Watson wrote:The main reason for the Civil War was so that rednecks can drive around with Confederate flags in their pickup trucks.
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

I've got to learn so many new names for so many familiar faces :(. I can only guess from the tones that the first is Top and the second is CA. In which case, hello ;).
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Shadowpaw wrote:I've got to learn so many new names for so many familiar faces :(. I can only guess from the tones that the first is Top and the second is CA. In which case, hello ;).
Correct, CA is the one always threatening meanness. :(
Baragon
Party Pooper

Post by Baragon »

Continental Crusader wrote:
Shadowpaw wrote:I've got to learn so many new names for so many familiar faces :(. I can only guess from the tones that the first is Top and the second is CA. In which case, hello ;).
Watch it, I know where you sleep! :x *Shapens knife*
Dr. Watson wrote:The main reason for the Civil War was so that rednecks can drive around with Confederate flags in their pickup trucks.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

The Top Admiral wrote:
Continental Crusader wrote:
Watch it, I know where you sleep! :x *Shapens knife*
But it would be indecent for you to be there at the same time I'm sleeping there. :shame:

Though I didn't know you were a forger of knives! \:D/ Have fun shapening them! \:D/