Questions for Trank!

Well, I'm sure ye do have a terrible lot of 'em, don't ye?

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
WINDSHEAR
Name Eater

Post by WINDSHEAR »

*Ahem*

This is really disappointing to see some members of our fine board maligning Trent this way. :noway: He is a really good admin, and he has done a fine job. I think we will survive just fine without those things that you suggest, however, I that it is a good idea to have a forum instead of a thread for faction applications...

Trent does seem to be a bit that way (this is the way it is, if you don't like it, it's too bad), but then he helped me out because I was in a real tight spot, and I never cease to appreciate his kindness.

Edit: I agree with Top. :yes:
JIA (9/13/2008 10:54:27 AM): That long?!
JIA (9/13/2008 10:54:31 AM): IT WAS EONS AGO!
JIA (9/13/2008 10:54:33 AM): *falls over*
WINDSHEAR (9/13/2008 10:54:46 AM): I've already fallen over and died :noway:
WINDSHEAR (9/13/2008 10:54:47 AM): I beat you. :neener:
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

WINDSHEAR wrote: Edit: I agree with Top. :yes:
Wiser words never spoken. :yes:
Baragon
Party Pooper

Post by Baragon »

Catspaw wrote:Being "courteous" to one's opponents is one thing - requiring that they be made mods is another. If Shadowpaw had thought that such an action would be best for the board, he could have made a rule of that nature. But he didn't. Can't this issue die, at least until the next election? Then it can be made a campaign issue, if enough people think that it's a concern. :)
In Rachael's defence, she wasn't trying to make it something that was a rule... She was merely saying that since it had happened in the past, perhaps they could have made the choice to be nice and do so anyway. :) Again, she wasn't saying it needed to be done - I don't think - but rather that she would have liked to have seen it done. :) I don't think there's anything wrong with suggesting something... And people in leadership can't please everyone -- it's impossible and that's the path to failture; trying to please everyone. ;) However, on the same line, it's good to question leadership. It keeps the leaders from getting big heads. \:D/

Along the lines of Top's comment, I think the general direction of the board is something to be worried about, not so much the mod issue. :)
Dr. Watson wrote:The main reason for the Civil War was so that rednecks can drive around with Confederate flags in their pickup trucks.
Trinarius
If posts were pigs...

Post by Trinarius »

Catspaw wrote:
Rachael wrote:No, they won't, but hopefully they won't have your attitude. The "I'm in charge, this is how we'll do things, and if you disagree-- TOO BAD!" really displays immaturity. Especially considering your position of 'power' is only temporary. Don't get too comfortable, Trent-- pride comes before the fall.
I think that Trent knows better than most just how hard it can be to earn (yes, earn) the position of responsibility that he currently holds. He has been diligent in all positions of responsibility that he has been given on the ToO, even if it was (at least once or twice) not the position that he had set out to attain. I haven't seen a display of arrogance. Amdins can choose mods. Last term not nearly all of the competitors received mod spots - this time, none did. As Trank has already stated, it can be hard to make mod decisions, and they had to narrow down a list. It's far too late to change that decision now...not that I'm saying that they should.

If somebody perceives Trank as being "arrogant," I would have to say that it is then their problem. Obviously the vast majority of ToOers supported Trank before the election, and a lot of people are glad that Trank has the position that they have. Being "courteous" to one's opponents is one thing - requiring that they be made mods is another. If Shadowpaw had thought that such an action would be best for the board, he could have made a rule of that nature. But he didn't. Can't this issue die, at least until the next election? Then it can be made a campaign issue, if enough people think that it's a concern. :)
I completely agree with you, Catspaw. :) You know, Rachael, you might have issues with the current administration, but a respectful attitude goes a long way in getting your point across. I think it's all a part of having a Christian attitude. :)
-Josh

Trinarius is back. Kind of.
Gabriel Dragsack
Found

Post by Gabriel Dragsack »

Trank, why do you think everyone dislikes your administration? :sniff:

I'm new, but I think you're doing a great job! :worship:

Amadeo, please expound on your references regarding the direction the town is going. :mad2:

I'm no frog in boiling water, but I don't feel the same way. :noway:
:laughat: :laughat: :laughat: :laughat: :laughat:
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Gabriel Dragsack wrote:Trank, why do you think everyone dislikes your administration? :sniff:
I'm sure not everyone dislikes the current admin. Only Red Scorpion. ;)
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

Post by Rachael Blackgaard »

Trinarius wrote:
Catspaw wrote:
Rachael wrote:No, they won't, but hopefully they won't have your attitude. The "I'm in charge, this is how we'll do things, and if you disagree-- TOO BAD!" really displays immaturity. Especially considering your position of 'power' is only temporary. Don't get too comfortable, Trent-- pride comes before the fall.
I think that Trent knows better than most just how hard it can be to earn (yes, earn) the position of responsibility that he currently holds. He has been diligent in all positions of responsibility that he has been given on the ToO, even if it was (at least once or twice) not the position that he had set out to attain. I haven't seen a display of arrogance. Amdins can choose mods. Last term not nearly all of the competitors received mod spots - this time, none did. As Trank has already stated, it can be hard to make mod decisions, and they had to narrow down a list. It's far too late to change that decision now...not that I'm saying that they should.

If somebody perceives Trank as being "arrogant," I would have to say that it is then their problem. Obviously the vast majority of ToOers supported Trank before the election, and a lot of people are glad that Trank has the position that they have. Being "courteous" to one's opponents is one thing - requiring that they be made mods is another. If Shadowpaw had thought that such an action would be best for the board, he could have made a rule of that nature. But he didn't. Can't this issue die, at least until the next election? Then it can be made a campaign issue, if enough people think that it's a concern. :)
I completely agree with you, Catspaw. :) You know, Rachael, you might have issues with the current administration, but a respectful attitude goes a long way in getting your point across. I think it's all a part of having a Christian attitude. :)
That goes for you and Trent, too, you realize.

And if you were paying attention, you'd realize that my attitude has come a long way from where it used to be.
Samwise
Love to love

Post by Samwise »

Look people - a little pride issue here. If you weren't elected mod then deal with it. If you want to be a mod, then spend your money and run for mayor next term.

Oh and just a side note: Those who are unhappy tend to speak up more. Therefore the majority are happy with the Trank administration. In fact, if this kind of topic did not exist, it wouldn't appear so big.
Lucy Pevensie
sn33ky hobbitses
sn33ky hobbitses

Post by Lucy Pevensie »

Rachael, cool it. :)

No, they won't, but hopefully they won't have your attitude. The "I'm in charge, this is how we'll do things, and if you disagree-- TOO BAD!" really displays immaturity. Especially considering your position of 'power' is only temporary. Don't get too comfortable, Trent-- pride comes before the fall.
I haven't noticed the TRANK administration saying anything of the sort. Spare the comments about me being biased, please. I would have said this whether or not they made me a moderator. :) The TRANK administration is trying to do their best, and sometimes I wonder if it would have helped if this topic wasn't around. Unfortunately, a lot of the "questions" have turned to discouragements and complaints. :- :(

I realize that the TRANK didn't "mod-ify" their opponents, but I don't think we need to make such a big deal out of it. It seems more like something all of you are using as ground to attack the TRANK adminstration with. Also, it doesn't completely count, since even though EB was voting for XSL, he was chosen as a moderator. And he was one of the past admins(Which I note, was the same one who ran AGAINST Trent DeWhite and Elf with Top in the first election).

A lot of people in the board ARE happy with the Trank administration, and I second what Samwise said. Would there have been complaints against the other administrations in the past? Surely. There would have been a complaint even for the best administration. They just never put up a complaint topic/question topic. A lot of these complaints stem from the fact that most people think the current moderating team isn't sufficient enough, etc. If it is, then I apologize for not meeting the needs of the people. However, I would like to let you know that we're all doing our best, not only with the every-day things around town, but with the unseen things aswell.

I really think the best way for the question/complaint stuff to go on is through private messages. Why? Because when there are problems, the first thing we need to do is take it to the "authorities". When people announce complaints on the boards, a lot of people who didn't like everything about the administration will jump on the fact aswell. The reason I don't like this is because it really overloads the administration, and everything gets chaotic. :-
Need a nice signature/avatar set? Take a look at my shop! :)
All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out. John 6:37
Lucy is my twin Laura Ingalls = l33t ~*Robin Baggins/Respectahobbit*~
Trinarius
If posts were pigs...

Post by Trinarius »

Rachael wrote:
Trinarius wrote:
Catspaw wrote:

That goes for you and Trent, too, you realize.

And if you were paying attention, you'd realize that my attitude has come a long way from where it used to be.
Of course having a Christian attitude goes for Trent and myself. :) I continuously pray to God for wisdom and discernment - attributes which can only come from Him. Being in a position of authority, I take my job as a moderator very seriously, and I believe that my record here proves that. You know, I have noticed an improvement in your attitude, Rachael. You should be proud of that. However, comparisons aside, you are still responsible for what you say and do here. Please treat others as you would want to be treated. Voicing your complaints or concerns is fine, but please do so in a respectful and civilized manner. Not only does it help you to get your point across, but it is also a real sign of maturity, Rachael. :)
-Josh

Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

Samwise wrote:Look people - a little pride issue here. If you weren't elected mod then deal with it. If you want to be a mod, then spend your money and run for mayor next term.

Oh and just a side note: Those who are unhappy tend to speak up more. Therefore the majority are happy with the Trank administration. In fact, if this kind of topic did not exist, it wouldn't appear so big.
:-s Did I ever say I wanted to be a moderator here? I wasn't upset that I wasn't chosen, I was upset that the administrative team had demonstrated such poor sportsmanship.

And Trinarius... you have a long ways to go. Think before you open your mouth (or hit submit), would you? If that's a sign of maturity.... You know what, I'm not even going to finish what I was going to say. *shakes head* Talk about irony...
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Self-righteous Smugnacity!!! :inlove:
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

Who? Me or Trinarius?
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Me, of course! I am the king of Smugnacity! Especially the self-righteous type! \:D/
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

Never mind-- Top PMed me. :-D
Mr.Whit
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Mr.Whit »

raise your hand if you dont like trank
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

*raises hand*

:wave:
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Mr.Whit
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Mr.Whit »

Trent DeWhite wrote:*raises hand*

Are you ok are you sure you ont have a fever?
Trinarius
If posts were pigs...

Post by Trinarius »

mr.whit wrote:
Trent DeWhite wrote:*raises hand*

Are you ok are you sure you ont have a fever?
I think he was serious! \:D/

Maybe I'll raise my hand too! :wave:
-Josh

Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

I dearly wish that people would stop attacking Trank for not following the dictates of their little lottery pet project. At least, if you're going to make futile attempts to impeach them, do it to every other administration this board has ever seen. It's been here since the beginning. For that matter, try to impeach Shadowpaw. Since he started it...
"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.