The New Job Salary System

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Laura Ingalls wrote:I think Trent addresses that in his first post of this thread. :)

He added an even higher level job, as there are now more degrees. :)
Thanks, Laura. :)
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
MDB17
Lucid and deductive

Post by MDB17 »

if i purchased $9,000 - Education Degree what would my new pay be scince i already own HSE and Commputer Science Degree
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

$525.
"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.
MDB17
Lucid and deductive

Post by MDB17 »

Cool!
capt. skippy
Hexadecimal teenager

Post by capt. skippy »

great idea! :bounce:
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Laura Ingalls wrote:I think Trent addresses that in his first post of this thread. :)

He added an even higher level job, as there are now more degrees. :)
Thanks Laura... but I'm still confused. :anxious:

Trent said that they added the Renaissance Man job and placed the salary at $3,000. He posted that after I had gotten the job. Yet suddenly my salary dropped and no one has told me why. I know they instituted a new system but I thought jobs people already had weren't supposed to be affected... and even if they were, why did Trent's post still say they had that job at 3K?
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Nigel wrote:I know they instituted a new system but I thought jobs people already had weren't supposed to be affected... and even if they were, why did Trent's post still say they had that job at 3K?
You're referring to the following quote, which was posted on June 16th.
Trent DeWhite wrote:However, I have updated the really really high level job (Rennaissance Man). Once you have purchased all nine degrees, your salary will be promoted to $3000.
However, what you are failing to observe is the fact that the New Degrees and Jobs was posted after this particular thread. In the former topic, I specifically addressed the Rennaissance Man salary:
Trent DeWhite wrote:Please note that the Rennaissance Man is no longer the highest paying job. Since it does not include all eleven degrees, its pay has been reduced to conform to the new salary system. However, in its stead, I have added a new, "highest paying" job that will earn slightly higher than the salary system would normally pay. :)
The Rennaissance Man requires ten degrees (if you include the High School Equivalence), but now that there are twelve degree, it can no longer be the highest paying job. :(
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

I understand, I just thought that "former" jobs were excluded from salary changes (since I got RM before your post).

I'm only asking to clarify. :) I don't have that job anymore so it's no big deal.