The New Job Salary System

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

Fenix? Give me money? :'(
"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.
NatetheGreat
Got Pancakes?

Post by NatetheGreat »

Awsomeness!!! \:D/
Sonuna Hydris wrote:Fenix? Give me money? :'(
Just what I was thinking... :mecry:
gimp80995
No way I broke the window

Post by gimp80995 »

DanP740 wrote:
blipadouzi wrote:
Trent DeWhite wrote:
blipadouzi wrote:Would this system affect the positional jobs, like Pastor, Mayor, CoP........?
It would affect all future jobs, including any speciality jobs. If you're asking whether this system will affect your current job, the answer is no. You don't even have a HSE yet, so this system won't really affect you until you get at least that. :)
Well I wasn't thinking of myself in particular, just that angle of Jobs...however, I am working towards a HSE.
You have $5000 in your wallet. GO buy an HSE and put the rest in the bank.
Dan,

maybe he didn't have $5,000 when he posted that he was working towards a HSE. After all, there was a 7 hour lapse between his post and yours.....

Peace Out

-Gimp
God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
Blipadouzi
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Blipadouzi »

DanP740 wrote:
blipadouzi wrote:
Trent DeWhite wrote:
blipadouzi wrote:Would this system affect the positional jobs, like Pastor, Mayor, CoP........?
It would affect all future jobs, including any speciality jobs. If you're asking whether this system will affect your current job, the answer is no. You don't even have a HSE yet, so this system won't really affect you until you get at least that. :)
Well I wasn't thinking of myself in particular, just that angle of Jobs...however, I am working towards a HSE.
You have $5000 in your wallet. GO buy an HSE and put the rest in the bank.
I only had $5000 because I had 2 extremely generous donations made this morning.

Thank you to both of you for your help...I have bought my HSE.
jtmcgee
Pilgrim

Post by jtmcgee »

the idea of the new job salery thing sounds really good 3 thumbs up lol
WINDSHEAR
Name Eater

Post by WINDSHEAR »

cool system, Trent! \:D/ I really like it.
JIA (9/13/2008 10:54:27 AM): That long?!
JIA (9/13/2008 10:54:31 AM): IT WAS EONS AGO!
JIA (9/13/2008 10:54:33 AM): *falls over*
WINDSHEAR (9/13/2008 10:54:46 AM): I've already fallen over and died :noway:
WINDSHEAR (9/13/2008 10:54:47 AM): I beat you. :neener:
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

I got a $50 cut in pay. :( (Must....get....english....degree....)
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Eugene Kendall wrote:I got a $50 cut in pay. :(
In theory, yes. O:)
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
gimp80995
No way I broke the window

Post by gimp80995 »

Eugene Kendall wrote:I got a $50 cut in pay. :( (Must....get....english....degree....)
If I'm understanding this right, we don't get a cut in pay in our current jobs.......it's when we change jobs and get a new job that the new pay will take place.

Peace Out

-Gimp
God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

gimp80995 wrote:
Eugene Kendall wrote:I got a $50 cut in pay. :( (Must....get....english....degree....)
If I'm understanding this right, we don't get a cut in pay in our current jobs.......it's when we change jobs and get a new job that the new pay will take place.
Exactly. As previously stated, this new system does not affect any current jobs, unless you specifically ask me to change your payrate. Thus far, I have already had several members request that I change their salary to conform to the new system... including one who accepted a $50 pay cut so that this individual would be paid "fairly." :)
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Trent DeWhite wrote:
Eugene Kendall wrote:I got a $50 cut in pay. :(
In theory, yes. O:)
Theory and reality...I was making $750 I dont know if this changed when the Job title was changed or what...but ah well.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

*finally had time to read the first post in this thread*

Hey, looks good. :) I thought it odd that a disc jockey made more than the leader of a terrorist organization. ;)

I knew Trank was awesome, I don't know why most of you people didn't have faith in them. :noway:
WINDSHEAR
Name Eater

Post by WINDSHEAR »

The Top Crusader wrote:*finally had time to read the first post in this thread*

Hey, looks good. :) I thought it odd that a disc jockey made more than the leader of a terrorist organization. ;)

I knew Trank was awesome, I don't know why most of you people didn't have faith in them. :noway:
I'm glad I'm not "most of you people" :anxious:

:-
JIA (9/13/2008 10:54:27 AM): That long?!
JIA (9/13/2008 10:54:31 AM): IT WAS EONS AGO!
JIA (9/13/2008 10:54:33 AM): *falls over*
WINDSHEAR (9/13/2008 10:54:46 AM): I've already fallen over and died :noway:
WINDSHEAR (9/13/2008 10:54:47 AM): I beat you. :neener:
Davari Hassan
Gold Member

Post by Davari Hassan »

This is no way to run an economy.
PEACE through POWER!
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

Post by Rachael Blackgaard »

I agree. Everyone should give their money to their leader, who will then distribute it evenly to everyone. It shouldn't matter whether you're a rocket scientist or a janitor-- everyone should receive the same amount of pay. We would all live much better if that were the case. :noway:
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Rachael wrote:I agree. Everyone should give their money to their leader, who will then distribute it evenly to everyone. It shouldn't matter whether you're a rocket scientist or a janitor-- everyone should receive the same amount of pay. We would all live much better if that were the case. :noway:
Communist! :x
NatetheGreat
Got Pancakes?

Post by NatetheGreat »

Trent DeWhite wrote:
Rachael wrote:I agree. Everyone should give their money to their leader, who will then distribute it evenly to everyone. It shouldn't matter whether you're a rocket scientist or a janitor-- everyone should receive the same amount of pay. We would all live much better if that were the case. :noway:
Communist! :x
:insane:
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

Post by Rachael Blackgaard »

Quiet, youz guys. I'm trying to befriend the suspicious new guy.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Trent DeWhite wrote:However, I have updated the really really high level job (Rennaissance Man). Once you have purchased all nine degrees, your salary will be promoted to $3000. :D
Trent DeWhite wrote:Exactly. As previously stated, this new system does not affect any current jobs, unless you specifically ask me to change your payrate.
Um... :anxious:

I got my job on June 13. I got on June 23 (after being paid on the 20 and probably the 16 or 17), and althought it was over the 3 day mark, it wouldn't pay me. Then, when I get on today, my salary has been cut to $2465. What happened? :-k
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I think Trent addresses that in his first post of this thread. :)

He added an even higher level job, as there are now more degrees. :)
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.