A Confession

I need to come clean...

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
Gabriel Dragsack
Found

A Confession

Post by Gabriel Dragsack »

It seems this is the second massive apology I've had to make since I joined. :sniff: The other, of course, was when I got into an argument with the Top Crusader. I am trying to behave myself and don't want people to hold things over my head. :explode:

A couple of months ago I joined the Brotherhood. I didn't know very much about it -- only that EB and the Blackgaard Clan rejected me and I went elsewhere. :noway: Later I saw things from the leader Pepper Doyle that I didn't agree with and abruptly departed from her club. I was rude and am ashamed to admit so, but I was upset and acted badly. :anxious:

We argued in private message and I thought she had accepted my apologies :| No though, since PD contacted me a couple of nights ago to say she was not going to let me win the election because she was going to post my private messages publicly. :read: But I want people to hear from me first, not her, for it is my sins that I am here to atone for. I can't let someone else drag my name through the mud as I can do pretty good job myself of that ;).

I am running in the upcoming mayoral race -- of which I can't talk about till august --, and it would NOT be fair to drag my new friend Fenix through this. :noway: He was not involved in my rudeness and he doesn't deserve to have his campaign crippled by my wrong-doings. :( This will still affect our campaign and I told him about it when we teamed up, but I don't want the board dragged into some sort of scandel because I was rude to someone :mad: -- I must be held accountable for my abruptness and insane rudeness though -- . :slap2: <-- me getting what I deserve

Before you read please understand I'm hurting and sorry. :surrender: I wish I could take back things I said. I was rude and unchristian. This is something I have tried to work on and have slipped up. Please, help me through this and understand I'm not always like this. I need to adjust my attitude and respect other members differently that offend me. :anxious: Being rude, even in private, is not acceptable behavior. :sick:

-- Beginning --

http://thetoo.com/viewtopic.php?p=29669 ... ht=#296698
Pepper Doyle wrote:Subject: Because you're a liberal?
So What?
Gabriel Dragsack wrote:Subject: Re: Because you're a liberal?
No, I'm not liberal. But you are weak minded and foolish. :(

I'm running for mayor and I don't want to be associated with you and your antics. :noway:
Pepper Doyle wrote:Subject: Re: Because you're a liberal?
What did I do?

Jerk.
Gabriel Dragsack wrote:Subject: Because you're a liberal?
I respect and admire your attitude.

But you'd be wise to not cross me. :shocking:
Pepper Doyle wrote:Subject: a
Forgive me for wanting some reason for your [censored] RUDENESS.
Pepper Doyle wrote:Subject: Re: a
The way you spoke of people who do not feel the same way as you is proof enough of your own actions. Treat others how you would like to be treated.

I have read other posts you have made. You are not someone who I feel is respect by the other members of this board and cannot tarnish my image by being a member of your silly club. ](*,)
Pepper Doyle wrote:Subject: ARGH
Sorry, but the way you just treated me has be insanely upset. I hope you NEVER get elected if you treat people you disagree with or take a dislike to in that fashion.
Gabriel Dragsack wrote:Subject: Re: ARGH
No need to be uspet. I am sorely missing my medication and reacted poorly. I am sorry. You are set in your ways, I understand this. I simply joined the brotherhood without realizing where you stood on issues that are important to me. And was surprised at somethings you have said to offend other people's beliefs. ](*,)

I seek your forgiveness in this matter. :pray:
Pepper Doyle wrote:Subject: Re: ARGH
For example:

What issues?

What did I say that offended YOU?

And thanks for the apology amoung more insults. Classy.
-- One month later --
Pepper Doyle wrote:Subject: You won't be elected.
I'm saving your rude PMs to me to ensure that.
Gabriel Dragsack wrote:Subject: Re: You won't be elected.
I was very rude that day and I apologize. You are welcome to share those comments and I will be held accountable for what I said. :yes:

I simply did not know how narrow-minded, offensive, and outspoken you were when I joined the brotherhood. :noway: I regretted joining your group when I discovered this and since your beliefs are the complete opposite of mine, I didn't want people to think I shared those beliefs. ](*,) By associating myself with the Brotherhood I am submitting myself to your authority and acting in conjunction with your beliefs. I do not share those beliefs and I cannot in good conscience allow myself to be bullied by someone like you.

But look at me now :(. I'm the hypocrit. I hadn't even realized until now that by treating you the way I did, I was simply reducing myself to your level. However, if I'm going to run for public office, I must be held accountable. I am willing to accept whatever smeer campaign you are preparing for me. :hug:
Pepper Doyle wrote:Subject: Re: You won't be elected.
The more PMs you send me, the better it will be.
Gabriel Dragsack wrote:Subject: Re: You won't be elected.
Fair enough. You can't blackmail me any longer.
Tears are welling up in my eyes as I read this. Forgive if you can, or at least try to understand this is an issue I struggle with on a daily basis. I've tried to be happy go-lucky, but I need to work through my issues. Fixing it is the battle. :mecry:

Pepper Doyle. You do not deserve the things I said. Please let us get past this. :truce: Our issues aside, you are strong and I can't ask for more than that. :wave:
:laughat: :laughat: :laughat: :laughat: :laughat:
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

For the record, the word [censored] was not a curse word. I said "freaking".
Last edited by Jennifer Doyle on Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

You guys stop the fighting it makes my toenails hurt.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Well, that's cool of you to come forward, Gabe. :)

Ah, I love election season! \:D/
WINDSHEAR
Name Eater

Post by WINDSHEAR »

:roll:

PD's got an attitude, and Gabe won't let it go without remarking on how he doesn't like it.... sounds like a never ending vicious cycle. :-

I'm glad you've apologized, though, Gabriel. :)
JIA (9/13/2008 10:54:27 AM): That long?!
JIA (9/13/2008 10:54:31 AM): IT WAS EONS AGO!
JIA (9/13/2008 10:54:33 AM): *falls over*
WINDSHEAR (9/13/2008 10:54:46 AM): I've already fallen over and died :noway:
WINDSHEAR (9/13/2008 10:54:47 AM): I beat you. :neener:
Baragon
Party Pooper

Post by Baragon »

WINDSHEAR wrote::roll: PD's got an attitude, and Gabe won't let it go without remarking on how he doesn't like it.... sounds like a never ending vicious cycle. :-
My thoughts exactly. But thanks for coming forward, Gabe. It takes a lot, and it's appreciated, I'm sure.

You guys need to learn a thing or two about forgiveness... And attitudes. This might be a step in the right direction. :)
Dr. Watson wrote:The main reason for the Civil War was so that rednecks can drive around with Confederate flags in their pickup trucks.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Gabe and Pepper Doyle for Mayor/CoP!!! \:D/
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

Post by Rachael Blackgaard »

Heaven help us! O_O

PD seems to have a hard time forgiving people, particularly those of us who act exactly like she does. Of course, I'm a bit that way myself-- probably one of the reasons the two of us don't get along very well anymore. Opposites attract, so that means that people who are alike repel, right? Okay, I'm rambling now...
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

is fenix running in the next election
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

Post by Rachael Blackgaard »

Apparently he's running with Gabe. :)
Aram
Expecting a battle

Post by Aram »

I know that before any of you read this, there will some bias, because:
A. I'm a relative noob
B. I'm a Doyle
C. I'm known to associate with Pepper.

But please hear me out, before passing judgement on me.
It looked to me that most of this was unprovoked, secondly, this isn't the first incident I've seen involving Mr. Dragsack.

No, it wasn't personal, but just small, seemingly insignificant things that made me stop and pause.

It seems to me, that perhaps, he wanted to beat her to the punch, thus making her look like the bad guy. Again, just an observation.

I have no personal agenda against Mr. Dragsack, just personal observations. Kudos to him for standing up and admitting he was involved in this and that he was partly if not wholly to blame.

And frankly, there's a lot of people on this board who could probably benefit from thinking about what they say before they say it- Myself included.

I believe CA pointed it out well, when she mentioned forgiveness.
WINDSHEAR
Name Eater

Post by WINDSHEAR »

PD did have an attitude problem...

Not to say Gabriel Dragsack doesn't have his problems, or that he's right. The way he approached it was wrong indeed.
Aram
Expecting a battle

Post by Aram »

WINDSHEAR wrote:PD did have an attitude problem...

Not to say Gabriel Dragsack doesn't have his problems, or that he's right. The way he approached it was wrong indeed.
I didn't mean that she didn't, my point was that perhaps it was justified.
WINDSHEAR
Name Eater

Post by WINDSHEAR »

Aram Doyle wrote:
WINDSHEAR wrote:PD did have an attitude problem...

I didn't mean that she didn't, my point was that perhaps it was justified.
I disagree that it was justified. If she had approached the problem differently, there would have been quite a different outcome, and she would have been justified in acting that way afterwards.
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

We both did things that were wrong, we've resolved the matter privately. Could a mod please lock this thread? There's nothing more to say here.
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

*locked*
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!