[ 12 posts ] 
 Post Post subject: The Odyssey Post Edition 1
Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:35 am 

Cash: Locked
Bank: Locked

Editorial

This is the first edition of my brand new paper, the Odyssey Post. It is not, like the rumors say, a breakaway from the HSU newspaper.

Now we have plans for an ad section, which will cost 1 cent per word and $2 for every 80 pixels of photographs.

This paper is for your enjoyment, so send us your comments to be read.

Oh- and Merry Christmas ya’ll on the ToO! Happy Holidays1

Hakeber,
Odyssey Post Editor

by Raskolnikov

Well, looks like Christmas is just around the cornor again, and the Town of Odyssey is sporting a seasonal look. As you probably noticed, the forum has a Christmas theme from the red and green banners to the presents behind the Odyssey seal. However, the most striking change may not be the look of the ToO, but rather, the look of the members. That's right, many forum members, including the entire mod force, have donned a Holiday username, sig, and avatar. Although there has been some confusion as to who's who, the added cheer to the board has been a welcome addition. It's also a reminder to even the scroodgiest of us to start shopping!

Merry Christmas, and don't forget to send your wish list to jolly 'ol Santapaw!

Granny Bumpkin’s Cook & Clean

Good Morning, you wonderful little young’uns. My name is Granny Bumpkins. I have a different username, but you shall all call be Granny. I am starting’ this section for household stuff. I just learnt how to use these new-fangled comput-whatevers and would like to start a section. You will all write you questions about households stuff to my good friend Stryper as not give away my identity

Today I would like for you kiddies to learn to make Granny Bumpkin’s Muffins. It’s delicious but you need you mama’s help. Whose mama’s little helpers?

You need to use:
150 grams of self-raising flour
50 grams of butter or margarine (I prefer butter. When you get to this age you don’t really care about health anymore)
80 grams of sugar (Brown is healthier, but as I said I don’t care. I want to enjoy life)
1 egg
1 tsp baking powder
A third of a cup of milk (High cream is best.)
60 grams of Walnut (Or not)
3 Bananas (Mash them)

Method:
1) Sift flour and baking powder
2) Mix butter and sugar
3) Add the egg and beat it till it’s real fluffy
4) Mix in the mashed bananas
5) Mix in flour and milk alternately
6) Bake till ready. Put in cupcake papers.

Happy Baking!

Household/Kitchen tips:

To make food low-fat replace butter with cooking oil. (Not that I care)

To curl your hair don’t use UHU glue- disastrous effects

Christmas Special: Ginger Cookie Ideas
Make normal cookies but add lots of cinnamon sugar and ginger flavor to it.

Bake it, and then mix icing sugar with water to make icing, and color it to add color. Ice the cookies.

PS: I think gingerbread man shapes are good.

Tech Section
By PC Pro

Could your laptop burn your house down?

Yes that’s right! Your dell laptop could burn your house down! This however has not , as far as I know, happen. Dell is Recalling around 4 million of its laptop batteries due to problems that could cause you computer to explode catch light. Thankfully if you battery has this problem dell will replace it. A large number of laptops are affected, certain Latitude
Inspiron Dell Precision and XPS are subject to the recall. Only batteries, will need to be replaced, so users can still continue using their laptops.
Below are a list of all models affected. But remember only SOME of these will be affected, visit https://www.dellbatteryprogram.com/Default.aspx to see if you battery is included.

• Latitude: D410, D500, D505, D510, D520, D600, D610, D620, D800, D810

• Inspiron: 500M, 510M, 600M, 700M, 710M, 6000, 6400, 8500, 8600, 9100, 9200, 9300, 9400, E1505, E1705

• Precision: M20, M60, M70, M90

• XPS: XPS, XPS Gen2, XPS M170, XPS M1710

What cause the problem?

Lithium ion batteries have two to three times the energy density of nickel-cadmium and nickel-metal hydride batteries and four times the energy density of lead-acid batteries. Higher energy density translates to longer battery life. Lithium ion batteries are used in consumer electronics and notebooks, which only require a limited amount of energy. Hybrid cars and power tools, however, generally use more traditional batteries, in part because of the risk of explosion

The problems Dell is having stem from impurities within the anode and cathode of the battery. Over time, those impurities, usually tiny pieces of metal, can work their way to the edge of the anode or cathode and rupture the isolator that sits between the two. Once that happens, you get a short circuit and possibly a fire.

In cell phones, lithium ion batteries can overheat because of a short circuit. If the temperature rises slowly, the battery case may melt. If it rises rapidly, however, enough pressure may be generated to create a small explosion in a lithium ion battery. Consumers have suffered severe burns as a result of these failures. The chemical reaction that produces energy in a lithium ion battery is considered quite violent.
I recommend you visit https://www.dellbatteryprogram.com/Default.aspx to see if you battery is included.

PS from Hakeber: I don’t understand a word of it, and I bet most kids don’t either. It looks very informative though.

The Odyssey Post Section: Arts and Highlights.

KYDS Radio
Recently resurrected from the radio graveyard, this studio currently hosts the ToO radio talk show, "Monday's with Trent." Talk about the program, post episode requests, or learn more!

Note: It is a Subscription-based content so you must join or it won’t appear in your index.

Young ToO Hearts Turning Season2
Catspaw’s show returns with Season 2! It’s better and badder! It is the show of the popular affections of the Shadowpaw Fan club and the Anti-Shadowpaw regime! (OBC)

The Kidnapping of Shadowpaw 2!
Come and see the world’s most amusing show! A comedy of epic proportions! The Director regrets to say that the Studio is facing monetary problems and will be slow in producing these works of art. :sad: (OBC)

David O Radio
It's hymn week here at O Radio. Today, I invite you to enjoy two of the greatest hymns of all time. They're among my favorite of favorites. Here they are:

Be Thou My Vision
This is my personal arrangement of one of the most meaningful songs to me in the world. Chances are, if someone asks me to play something, it will be this song. This particular medley includes a taste of another of my favorites - Lord You Are. These two songs remind me of who I need to be - in Christ - when I am at my weakest, and my strongest.

Amazing Grace
Back in 9th grade, I learned this arrangement of the most well known hymn of all time, and to this day it remains probably my favorite piece out of all that I know. I wish I could say tat I arranged it, but I'm afraid I have to give that credit to Dino. Still, the heart is there. This is why I can get up and live and breathe in the morning. This song reminds me why I'm here - God's Amazing Grace. I play this song so that I'll never forget that - and I hope you don't either.
(STEPS)

Who Wants to be an Odyssey Voice Actor!?
A spin-off from the Odyssey Idol, Hey, it's Top! And he's starting another contest! Odyssey Idol was just super! Why isn't this Odyssey Idol 2, you imbecile!?

I have had lots of people ask me if/when there is going to be an Odyssey Idol 2... yes, there will be. We just don't know when yet, but I want to put some distance between the first and second one, so here is a little intermission contest!

Okay... so what does it do?

Why, it's quite simple!

Users here on the ToO will PM a link, or email thetopcrusader@gmail.com their voice clips of them imitating an Odyssey character's voice! Remember to mark all entries clearly with the contest name, or I will likely not notice it or something!

Well, that is just super-duper! But, hey, Top, you wonderful person, I do good impression of like 2 or 3 or 4 Odyssey characters! Do I have to just choose my best one!?

Why, if this were any lesser a contest, that would be the case! However, since this is a GROOVETASTIC TOP CRUSADER SPONSORED CONTEST, I say... ENTER THEM ALL! They will be judged individually, most likely. Giving you more chances to win!

WIN! So... what can I win?

First place takes home $3,000! Second prize nabs you $2,000, and third place gets $1,000! Plus you all get the pleasure of entering my contest!

WOW! That's great! Hey I have this weirdo sound editing device on my computer that can make me sound like absolutely anyone!

Well, I'm happy for you! HOWEVER all entries must be 100% natural! No voice modifications. Sorry!

What about popular people getting too many votes, shy people being afraid to enter, etc?

Like Odyssey Idol, all entries will be sent anonymously to me, and posted as such. If you want it to be known AFTER you are eliminated or win who you are, make it clear in the PM or email you send me.

Yes sir! So... when does my entry have to be in by?

November 13th! However if you are having some computer issue and can get an entry in LATER, but not by the deadline, let me know and I will attempt to accommodate you.

ToO Interview:
By Hakeber, CA, Kaykay, and J_ r _ _ Walzak
Today we shall interview…. CA!!!

One of the most popular members on the ToO, CA is also engaged to the Top Crusader. You can admire them both in The CAT Kremlin faction.

Due to the nature of this conversation, the man represented with the name “Jared” has asked that his comments be cut out of the interview. His request was indeed honored. To some extent.

Nov 15 20:41:53 <Hakeber_BC_Rathbne_Doyle_> I don't see CAhere
Nov 15 20:42:01 * Jessica is CA.
Nov 15 20:42:07 <Hakeber_BC_Rathbne_Doyle_> Ahhh... I see
Nov 15 20:42:14 <Hakeber_BC_Rathbne_Doyle_> Akay let's start.
Nov 15 20:42:21 <Hakeber_BC_Rathbne_Doyle_> Hello Ca
Nov 15 20:42:22 <Kaykay> Hello ... Jessica and ... Hakeber.
Nov 15 20:42:25 <Jessica> My real name is indeed CA.
Nov 15 20:42:41 <Hakeber_BC_Rathbne_Doyle_> I need to do the Interview first... Now
[Jared asking about the interview has been cut out]
Nov 15 20:42:53 <Hakeber_BC_Rathbne_Doyle_> No iterupting... Unless I interview you too...
Nov 15 20:43:03 <Hakeber_BC_Rathbne_Doyle_> AHHHH JARED WALKZAK!
Nov 15 20:43:04 * Hakeber_BC_Rathbne_Doyle_ has quit (Quit: Hakeber_BC_Rathbne_Doyle_)
Nov 15 20:43:08 <Jessica> LOL!
Nov 15 20:43:12 * Hakeber_BC_Rathbne_Doyle_ (Hakeber_BC@CC0A4B19.2A7DF743.B0CFDE9C.IP) has joined #aio
Nov 15 20:43:15 * Jessica dies laughing.
Nov 15 20:43:25 <Hakeber_BC_Rathbne_Doyle_> I sit really Jared Walzak... *hides*
[Jared being sarcastic has been cut out]
Nov 15 20:43:44 <Hakeber_BC_Rathbne_Doyle_> Please... Every keep quiet unless you want to be interview
[Jared saying he can’t be quiet has been edited] Nov 15 20:44:21 <Hakeber_BC_Rathbne_Doyle_> I can't interview you here?
Nov 15 20:44:30 <Hakeber_BC_Rathbne_Doyle_> AHHH
[Jared saying he’ll sit and watch has been cut out]
Nov 15 20:44:55 <Hakeber_BC_Rathbne_Doyle_> OKay. I shall Interview Jared Walzak, Kaykay, and CA
Nov 15 20:45:05 <Hakeber_BC_Rathbne_Doyle_> AHHHH
Nov 15 20:45:11 <Jessica> Jared just wants to mock my answers. :(
Nov 15 20:45:15 <Hakeber_BC_Rathbne_Doyle_> I
Nov 15 20:45:25 <Hakeber_BC_Rathbne_Doyle_> OKay. I shall Interview Jared Walzak, Kaykay, and CA... and wake_sta
[Jared asking if perhaps not everyone wants to be interviewed has been cut out]
Nov 15 20:45:44 <Hakeber_BC_Rathbne_Doyle_> All answer the questions without comment. Only Jared may comment Ca's answers
[Jared thanking Hakebar for the special compensation has been cut out]
Nov 15 20:46:05 <Jessica> I don't like this! :(
Nov 15 20:46:11 <Hakeber_BC_Rathbne_Doyle_> No interupstion except by Jared
Nov 15 20:46:13 <Hakeber_BC_Rathbne_Doyle_> Walzak
[Jared stating that he’s important has been cut out]
Nov 15 20:46:44 <Hakeber_BC_Rathbne_Doyle_> Yeah.
Nov 15 20:46:49 <Jessica> Because you scare people into thinking you're important.
Nov 15 20:46:55 <Hakeber_BC_Rathbne_Doyle_> No. 1: What is your favorite flower
[Jared commenting has been cut out]
Nov 15 20:47:05 <Hakeber_BC_Rathbne_Doyle_> Oi
Nov 15 20:47:08 <Jessica> Jared's or mine?
Nov 15 20:47:10 <Hakeber_BC_Rathbne_Doyle_> Stick tot he questions
[Jared stating that Jessica is being interviewed, not him, has been cut out]
Nov 15 20:47:39 <Jessica> Oh. Well, I don't like ALL roses, but the yellow rose is my favorite.
Nov 15 20:47:47 <Hakeber_BC_Rathbne_Doyle_> Jessica Interiewed... Jared comments
Nov 15 20:47:51 <Hakeber_BC_Rathbne_Doyle_> Start again.
Nov 15 20:47:58 <Hakeber_BC_Rathbne_Doyle_> jared must make amusing comments
[Jared asking why Hakeber can’t edit out the excess has been cut out]
Nov 15 20:48:02 <Jessica> LOL
[Jared asking why he MUST comment has been cut out]
[Jared asking if there is a humor quotient he must meet has been cut out]
Nov 15 20:48:17 <Hakeber_BC_Rathbne_Doyle_> ooh...
Nov 15 20:48:25 <Hakeber_BC_Rathbne_Doyle_> No... just be yourself
[Jared admitting that he wanted to be Horace Greeley has been cut out]
Nov 15 20:48:57 <Hakeber_BC_Rathbne_Doyle_> NO! Start again!.... no.. wait for someone importtant!
[Jared saying he would settle for being Herbet Hoover has been cut out]
Nov 15 20:49:50 <Hakeber_BC_Rathbne_Doyle_> What about the ghost of Ronald Reagan?
[Jared asking if one inverted a ticket and voted for a Coolidge-Hoover rather than Hoover-Coolidge ticket in 1928, would one get a chicken in every garage and a car in every pot?]
Nov 15 20:49:57 <Hakeber_BC_Rathbne_Doyle_> Or...
Nov 15 20:50:22 <Jessica> Hey, I thought I was being interviewed. :(
Nov 15 20:50:43 <Hakeber_BC_Rathbne_Doyle_> Wait... I'm waiting for the VIP
Nov 15 20:50:49 <Hakeber_BC_Rathbne_Doyle_> Who sticks his hand in couches
[Jared wanting to know if there’s a VIP and demanding to know why it’s not him has been cut out]
Nov 15 20:51:05 <Hakeber_BC_Rathbne_Doyle_> you are also a VIP
Nov 15 20:51:16 <Hakeber_BC_Rathbne_Doyle_> never mind
[Jared asking if he has to share his status has been cut out]
Nov 15 20:51:20 <Hakeber_BC_Rathbne_Doyle_> Lets start
[Jared commenting that it is indeed good that we start, has been cut out]
Nov 15 20:51:58 * Kaykay is back/
Nov 15 20:51:59 <Kaykay> *back.
Nov 15 20:52:00 <Hakeber_BC_Rathbne_Doyle_> No. 1. What is your favorite Color
Nov 15 20:52:02 <Kaykay> I'm back!
Nov 15 20:52:05 <Kaykay> Did we start?
Nov 15 20:52:06 <Hakeber_BC_Rathbne_Doyle_> ARGHH
Nov 15 20:52:13 <Hakeber_BC_Rathbne_Doyle_> No, I was just starting
Nov 15 20:52:16 <Kaykay> Oh ...
Nov 15 20:52:17 <Hakeber_BC_Rathbne_Doyle_> start again!
Nov 15 20:52:19 <Kaykay> Forgive me.
[Jared getting annoyed with Hakeber has been cut out]
Nov 15 20:52:21 <Kaykay> Carry on!
Nov 15 20:52:27 <Hakeber_BC_Rathbne_Doyle_> No. 1. What is your favorite color?
Nov 15 20:52:51 <Kaykay> Dark blue, grey, green, and black.
Nov 15 20:52:52 <Hakeber_BC_Rathbne_Doyle_> OOc: KAY KAY also must answer questions
Nov 15 20:53:01 * Kaykay got that.
Nov 15 20:53:03 <Hakeber_BC_Rathbne_Doyle_> CA!
Nov 15 20:53:12 * Hakeber_BC_Rathbne_Doyle_ listens
Nov 15 20:53:14 <Jessica> Dark green.
Nov 15 20:53:24 <Hakeber_BC_Rathbne_Doyle_> JARED!!!
[Jared saying “#00000” has been cut out]
Nov 15 20:53:46 <Kaykay> How come Jared got more exclaimation points than Jessica?
Nov 15 20:53:54 <Hakeber_BC_Rathbne_Doyle_> No. 2 What do you think is Jared
Nov 15 20:54:00 <Hakeber_BC_Rathbne_Doyle_> 's favorite color?
Nov 15 20:54:05 <Jessica> Blue.
Nov 15 20:54:16 <Hakeber_BC_Rathbne_Doyle_> Kaykay?
[Jared saying he has no idea what Jared’s favorite color is has been cut out]
Nov 15 20:54:19 <Kaykay> The colour of his car.
Nov 15 20:54:38 <Hakeber_BC_Rathbne_Doyle_> No. 3 What is your favorire flower?
Nov 15 20:54:42 <Jessica> I really don't know, I'm just guessing.
Nov 15 20:54:51 <Kaykay> Flowers are for wimpy little girls.
Nov 15 20:55:02 <Jessica> Hey, I like flowers and I'm not wimpy.
Nov 15 20:55:13 <Jessica> I alread said my favorite flower: Yellow rose.
Nov 15 20:55:14 <Hakeber_BC_Rathbne_Doyle_> What is your favorite?
Nov 15 20:55:15 <Kaykay> Well, roses are cool.
Nov 15 20:55:21 * Kaykay planted roses this year.
Nov 15 20:55:25 <Hakeber_BC_Rathbne_Doyle_> jared? Comment!
Nov 15 20:55:26 <Kaykay> Earlier.
Nov 15 20:55:38 <Hakeber_BC_Rathbne_Doyle_> why must I treat everyone like kindergarten!
Nov 15 20:56:00 <Hakeber_BC_Rathbne_Doyle_> You all are about the ageof my Great-Ayunt oldoldold Aram
Nov 15 20:56:01 <Kaykay> I liked kindergarden.
Nov 15 20:56:09 <Hakeber_BC_Rathbne_Doyle_> JARED! comment please
[Jared being mean to Hakeber has been cut out]
Nov 15 20:56:30 <Kaykay> I came very close to cracking my skull open in kindergarden.
Nov 15 20:56:48 <Hakeber_BC_Rathbne_Doyle_> What would happen when Jared Walzak Meets Dr. Watson
[Jared asking “When?” has been cut out]
Nov 15 20:57:06 <Kaykay> They would kill eachother with big guns.
Nov 15 20:57:31 <Hakeber_BC_Rathbne_Doyle_> Anything else? CA?
[Jared asking if Dr. Watson and himself are dead, what else would they do, has been cut out]
Nov 15 20:57:43 <Kaykay> Big machine guns.
Nov 15 20:57:45 <Jessica> I doubt it'll happen.
Nov 15 20:58:30 <Hakeber_BC_Rathbne_Doyle_> What shampoo does the Top Crudsader love?
Nov 15 20:58:45 <Hakeber_BC_Rathbne_Doyle_> Hmm?
Nov 15 20:58:55 <Kaykay> ... How am I supposed to know?
Nov 15 20:59:11 <Jessica> We're only engaged, we're not living together. :P "No idea" is his answer.
Nov 15 20:59:17 <Kaykay> Herbal essence?
Nov 15 20:59:21 <Hakeber_BC_Rathbne_Doyle_> Pantene P-V
Nov 15 20:59:23 <Jessica> He says he can't tell one from another.
Nov 15 20:59:31 <Hakeber_BC_Rathbne_Doyle_> Pro-V
Nov 15 20:59:32 <Jessica> No, he just told me he can't tell one from another.
Nov 15 20:59:41 <Hakeber_BC_Rathbne_Doyle_> That's what someone said
Nov 15 20:59:43 <Jessica> Brian says:
Nov 15 20:59:43 <Jessica> No idea.
Nov 15 20:59:43 <Jessica> Brian says:
Nov 15 20:59:43 <Jessica> I don't know one from another.
[Jared saying that he’s waiting for the questions\answers about the “Montreal Protocol... has been cut out]
Nov 15 20:59:55 <Jessica> Who are you going to believe, his fiance or someone who has never met him?!
[Jared being rude to Jessica has been cut out]
Nov 15 21:00:19 <Hakeber_BC_Rathbne_Doyle_> He's 36... bvery old
Nov 15 21:00:23 * wake_sta has quit (Quit: YouthFire.com - Dare To Be Consumed!)
[Jared saying that someone has aged has been cut out]
Nov 15 21:00:56 <Kaykay> 36 is old?
Nov 15 21:01:05 <Hakeber_BC_Rathbne_Doyle_> Would it be better suited if Top went to kindgarden now due to his maturaity?
Nov 15 21:01:16 <Kaykay> No ...
[Jared saying that he’d be concerned if Jessica was engaged to a 36 year old.]
Nov 15 21:01:40 <Jessica> Well, give it... 12 years.
Nov 15 21:02:29 <Kaykay> ...
Nov 15 21:02:34 <Kaykay> I am disturbed.
Nov 15 21:02:59 <Hakeber_BC_Rathbne_Doyle_> AHH.. CA, you do the editing, please... I have a headache
Nov 15 21:03:13 <Hakeber_BC_Rathbne_Doyle_> And I expect the anti-Shadowpaw article by Sunday
Nov 15 21:03:16 <Hakeber_BC_Rathbne_Doyle_> or monday
Nov 15 21:03:36 <Jessica> Okay.
Nov 15 21:03:42 <Jessica> I'll see what I can do.

CA's Beauty, and Why I am Groovetastic
by The Top Crusader

It has been brought to my attention that no media outlet has yet to cover these very important topics, and fortunately the wise Hakeber has provided me with a venue to expound on these crucial matters. So, is it CA's beauty that makes me groovetastic, or is it my level of groovetasticness that makes CA beautiful? Therein lies the tale!

We trace this back to an unexpected source. Oatmeal. Yes, this may seem odd, but this should be expected when you consider one thing: Ice cream. Now, what is well known to be the best flavor of ice cream? Malaysian! A key ingredient in which being oatmeal. Take into account the fact that George W. Bush concocted a war for political gain... and there you have it!

The combination of all these variables undoubtably proves that Continental Admiral is the most beautiful person in the world, and The Top Crusader is the most groovetastic! \:D/

Obituary

Deepest Condolences to Rasklinov on the passing away of his grandfather.
Deepest Condolences to Natethegreat who has left town for a lengthy period of time.
Deepest Condolences to Hawk, on the event his internet still is breaking down.

Notices

EK has returned from his sabbatical a month earlier than forecasted.
Hakeber has been kicked out from the Doyles
Shadowpaw has returned from his lengthy sabbatical. All hail the evil master.

Anti Shadowpaw
by Continental Admiral
Hakeber has asked me to explain why Shadowpaw is evil. While Shadowpaw and I go way back on the level of friends, it is also often well known that Shadowpaw is an enemy of mine. Why, do you ask? This article plans to present the facts, evidence, and opinions (re: they are mostly opinions – some are fact, though!)

This is to raise money for the Anti-Shadowpaw club. All proceeds proceed to Hakeber Doyle.

Exhibit A:

Shadowpaw has a clean room.
- Seems rather odd for a man who is rather busy to clean his room. Don’t you think? Maybe he’s hiding something? Maybe he’s buying new TV’s with his money? Maybe he’s got a clean desk with a shiney laptop? I’ll stop there.
-
Exhibit B:

Shadowpaw has stated that he buys videogames that he has yet to play.
As with Exhibit A, Exhibit B sounds innocent enough. However, if we look beneat the lies, we conjure up a theory. Perhaps he buys a new video game for every person he murders? We’ll never know.

Exhibit C:

Shadowpaw is ashamed of his first website he designed. - According to a good source, at least.

- Sounds innocent enough. Perhaps it is. We don’t really have any theories on this one. Sorry, folks.

Exhibit D: Shadowpaw once said the honorable member clogged toilets.
- Need I go on? Really, can we allow this to continue?

Exhibit E: Shadowpaw has admitted to believing in Santa Claus when he was younger.

I think that one speaks for itself.

And that concludes our Anti-Shadow paw article!

Mailbag
This is the first edition of the paper. How do you like it? Send all comments to Hakeber BC Rathbne Doyle. We’ll be happy to post them here.

To: Odyssey Post
Dear ya old newspaper, I know meez lady are wirint in it so good job. Any paper with her cookin in ain’t just great.. it’s wondyfull.

To Odyssey Post
From Pillbury Doh-Boy
I don’t cook that well… though I like cookies.

Post Post subject:
Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:07 am 
I'll catch up to Bren!

Cash: 10.87
lol that is great

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:08 am 
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin

Cash: 5,388.13
Bank: 1,958.31
My, that was an interesting and long edition of the Odyssey Post! Very interesting! I have a feeling that reading Jared's actual comments would have been even funnier than reading the commentary on what was allegedly removed, but whatever. ;)

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject: Re: The Odyssey Post Edition 1
Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:19 pm 
Gone... but not Forgotten

Cash: 0.20
Bank: 0.00
The Top Crusader wrote:
by The Top Crusader

It has been brought to my attention that no media outlet has yet to cover these very important topics, and fortunately the wise Hakeber has provided me with a venue to expound on these crucial matters. So, is it CA's beauty that makes me groovetastic, or is it my level of groovetasticness that makes CA beautiful? Therein lies the tale!

We trace this back to an unexpected source. Oatmeal. Yes, this may seem odd, but this should be expected when you consider one thing: Ice cream. Now, what is well known to be the best flavor of ice cream? Malaysian! A key ingredient in which being oatmeal. Take into account the fact that George W. Bush concocted a war for political gain... and there you have it!

The combination of all these variables undoubtably proves that Continental Admiral is the most beautiful person in the world, and The Top Crusader is the most groovetastic! \:D/

I would make this my sig if it weren't so long :(

On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:18 am 
Re-elect the Town Council!
is playing Super Mario. She never had a game system like this growing up!

Cash: 1.04
Bank: 220.06
Blog: View Blog (1)
Very good paper Rebekah! Good work!

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:53 am 
I was here from the beginning
Dreaming of you...

Cash: 2.62
Bank: 28.20
Okay, that was really amusing.... or maybe I just need to sleep... or both.

Mrs. Claus wrote:
My, that was an interesting and long edition of the Odyssey Post! Very interesting! I have a feeling that reading Jared's actual comments would have been even funnier than reading the commentary on what was allegedly removed, but whatever. ;)

Actually, I think CA did a pretty dandy job with making it funny and honoring Jared's wish. ;)

Bumble wrote:
The Top Crusader wrote:
by The Top Crusader

I would make this my sig if it weren't so long :(

And you can! \:D/

STRYPER's new Siggy wrote:
CA's Beauty, and Why I am Groovetastic by The Top Crusader

We trace this back to an unexpected source. Oatmeal. Yes, this may seem odd, but this should be expected when you consider one thing: Ice cream. Now, what is well known to be the best flavor of ice cream? Malaysian! A key ingredient in which being oatmeal. Take into account the fact that George W. Bush concocted a war for political gain... and there you have it!The combination of all these variables undoubtably proves that Continental Admiral is the most beautiful person in the world, and The Top Crusader is the most groovetastic! \:D/

I tested it, so I know it works. ;)

-Cowboy

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject: Re: The Odyssey Post Edition 1
Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:31 am 
I love the Town Council!

Cash: 0.00
Pc Pro wrote:
What cause the problem?

Lithium ion batteries have two to three times the energy density of nickel-cadmium and nickel-metal hydride batteries and four times the energy density of lead-acid batteries. Higher energy density translates to longer battery life. Lithium ion batteries are used in consumer electronics and notebooks, which only require a limited amount of energy. Hybrid cars and power tools, however, generally use more traditional batteries, in part because of the risk of explosion

The problems Dell is having stem from impurities within the anode and cathode of the battery. Over time, those impurities, usually tiny pieces of metal, can work their way to the edge of the anode or cathode and rupture the isolator that sits between the two. Once that happens, you get a short circuit and possibly a fire.

In cell phones, lithium ion batteries can overheat because of a short circuit. If the temperature rises slowly, the battery case may melt. If it rises rapidly, however, enough pressure may be generated to create a small explosion in a lithium ion battery. Consumers have suffered severe burns as a result of these failures. The chemical reaction that produces energy in a lithium ion battery is considered quite violent.

and that is copied word for word from here.

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:05 am 
We love you StrongNChrist
<3

Cash: 13.72
Yeah... that's what I thought because I was sceptical that Pc could write something like that ;)

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:45 am 
Half Pint
Half Pint
Happily married to Almanzo

Cash: 407.58
Bank: 80.45
:hilarious:

Very good and funny newspaper everybody! :lol:

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:37 pm 

Cash: Locked
Bank: Locked
zPC PRO you!!! Aughhh!!!

Nevermind... everyone ignore that...

Post Post subject:
Posted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:38 pm 
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Old... but not obsolete.

Highscores: 1

Cash: 9,999,999,994,415,306.00
Bank: 5,584,680.26
Blog: View Blog (1)
This is the single most greatest newspaper ever created.

I'm bored today so come ask me questions here as the topic suggests.

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:29 pm 
We love you StrongNChrist
<3

Cash: 13.72
Hakeber BC Rathbne Doyle wrote:
zPC PRO you!!! Aughhh!!!

Nevermind... everyone ignore that...

Next time just ask him for a real report.

Offline Profile  

[ 12 posts ]