Cash: 14.24
Bank: 0.00
the new odssey enquier newspaper

THE
ODSSEY
ENQUIRER

DANEIL PART 1
Quote:
Much has happened since Noah and his family left the ark. There was a scary moment on a mountain top, jealous brothers, too many frogs, and a million people walked through a sea on dry land. Pretty amazing stuff.

But those stories will have to wait until later.

Right now we are going to skip ahead to the story of Daniel and the Lions’ Den.

But first, we need to know a few things.

Noah and his family left the ark and made their homes in a fresh, new land. Noah’s sons had children, their children had children, and their children’s children had children. People started filling the earth again.

One night, many years later, God spoke to a man named Abram.

“Abram,” God said, “Look up at the stars in the sky and try to count them all. That is how big your family will be. You will be the father of a great nation, and because of you all people will be blessed.”

Sarai laughed when she heard this. She was Abram’s wife, and she knew she was too old to have any children.

Still, Abram believed God.

And that was all God needed.

God kept his promise, and he gave Abram and Sarai a son. They named him Isaac, which means “laughter.” God changed Sarai’s name to Sarah, and he changed Abram’s name to Abraham, which means “the father of many nations.”

Isaac had two sons, Jacob and Esau. Jacob was also called Israel, and he had 12 sons. Israel’s 12 sons had children, and their children had children, and their children’s children had children, until there were so many people, that altogether they were called the people Israel. Sometimes you will hear them called the Israelites. Sometimes they are also called the Jews, and sometimes the are called the Hebrews.

The people of Israel are even here today. All these people are the children of Abraham. They are as many as the stars in the sky. And they were born because of God’s promise to Abraham a long, long time ago.

The children of Abraham are called God’s “Chosen People.”

But it’s not that they are better than anyone else. No, God chose Abraham because Abraham believed in him. God wanted to show everyone in the world what happens when you believe in the one true God.

When we see how God blesses the ones who believe in him, that’s how we can believe in God, and we can become God’s chosen people too.

God wants us all to know that he loves us. And that really is what these stories are all about.

DANEIL PART 2

Quote:
God is everywhere in the universe all at one time. That is much too great and wonderful and powerful for anyone to see. But we CAN see the things that God does. So when we see all the things God has done for the people of Israel, we know that God is real.

And God has done some amazing, wonderful things.

He gave the people of Israel the Promised Land for their home. The Promised Land was a country that was so rich they said it was “flowing with milk and honey.” The fruits and vegetables grew so big there, it took two men to carry them.

And when their enemies attacked, God was on Israel’s side. Israel always won. Even though their enemies were bigger and stronger and more powerful, they were no match for God!

But there was another important thing that God did. God gave the people of Israel rules to live by.

I know, I know. Rules just ruin the fun.

At least, that’s what we think sometimes.

But think about it. Your dad says, “Don’t run out into the street.” If your ball rolled out into the street, and you ran after it, and got hit by a car, how much fun would that be?

Or your mom says, “Go brush your teeth!” and you say, “Ah, Mom, do I have to?” But suppose your mom didn’t care about you, and didn’t make you brush your teeth. One day they will get all rotten so they hurt all the time, and you won’t be able to eat your favorite things (like Rice Krispie Treats, maybe). How much fun will that be?

Or suppose your brother kept smacking you and pinching you and poking you - and your mom never did anything about it, because there wasn’t a “No smacking, pinching and poking” rule. How much fun would that be?

Our parents give us rules because they love us. They want to keep us safe, and healthy, and they want to help us get along with each other.

Rules are really good.

But there is an even more important reason why rules are good.

When you follow your parents’ rules, your friends see what kind of person you are. But your friends also see what kind of people your parents are too, because they teach you the things that are important to them.

And so, when your parents teach you God’s rules, and your friends see that you are good and honest and thoughtful, they are really seeing what God is like too.

And maybe one day they will want to know God better and believe in him - all because of you.

And that is what God wants more than anything.

That is why it is so important to follow God’s rules as best as we can. We wouldn’t want our friends to think that God is mean, or selfish, or says or does nasty things.

So God gave the Israelites rules because he loves them. He gave them rules to keep them safe and healthy and to help them get along with each other - and, most importantly, so we could see what God is like.

Only, sometimes the Israelites didn’t follow God’s rules. Sometimes they thought they could do just fine on their own.

And so it happened that one day the King of Babylon saw what a wonderful place the Promised Land was.

And he decided he wanted it.

He sent his armies to attack the Israelites - and this time God let the Israelites fight for themselves. They didn’t do so well. The armies of Babylon were too strong. They took the Israelite’s land, and their houses, and their VCRs and TVs and video games (well, if they HAD VCRs and TVs and video games way back then - I don’t think they did). But, worst of all, they took the people of Israel from their homes, and carried them away to the land of Babylon.

And that (finally!) is where the story of Daniel begins.

20 LARGE PEPPERONI PIZZA'S TO GO PLEASE

Quote:
King Nebuchadnezzar had a very long, hard-to-spell name!
He also happened to be a rich and mighty king.
He was the King of Babylon, and a long, long time ago, his kingdom was the greatest in all the world. But King Nebuchadnezzar wanted more. You always want more when all you want are things. And so King Nebuchadnezzar attacked Jerusalem, the holy city of Israel.

The King of Israel was in trouble.

He had forgotten how all the good things he had came from God. He forgot how God had given his people the land they were living in. And so he made silly wooden and metal statues, and thanked them instead. Like they had anything to do with all the good that happened! So God didn’t help the King of Israel when the King of Babylon attacked. God left the king’s wooden and metal statues to help him. They weren’t any help at all.

King Nebuchadnezzar’s army surrounded Jerusalem and captured it. They stole gold and silver treasures from God’s temple, they captured many people, and took them all to Babylon.

One of the Israelites who was taken to Babylon was a strong young man named Daniel.

Daniel wasn’t like the king of Israel. Daniel loved God, and did his best to obey him in everything he did.

So it happened that King Nebuchadnezzar ordered his chief official, a man named Ashpenaz, to choose the brightest and best young men of the Israelites. They had to be smart and strong and handsome to be worthy enough to serve the King.

Ashpenaz carefully made his choices. He had to choose well - you didn’t want to displease the king! He chose the best young men from all of the captured Israelites, including Daniel, and his three friends, Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah.

Now it was Ashpenaz’s job to teach these young men to read and write in Babylonian, and to make sure that they were fit and strong. King Nebuchadnezzar ordered that every day the young men were to eat the same food as the royal court.

And that was a problem for Daniel.

God had told the Israelites what they should eat to keep them healthy and well - after all, who would know better what makes our bodies work the best than the one who made them. But King Nebuchadnezzar didn’t follow God’s laws. And since he was a mighty and wealthy king, he could eat whatever he wanted to.

Imagine you were a rich and powerful king.

Maybe you would have pepperoni pizza with pop and ice cream every day. It sounds good. But it wouldn't be too good for you. Most of the time, too much of a good thing, isn’t a good thing.

That’s probably how it was with King Nebuchadnezzar. (Of course, they didn’t have pizza and pop and ice cream back then. Just think, you can have something that once not even kings could have!)

But Daniel had made up his mind he was going to obey God no matter what. He wasn't going to eat the King's food. He was only going to eat what God had commanded. So God was with Daniel. When Daniel asked Ashpenaz to help him, God made Ashpenaz listen.

But Ashpenaz was afraid. He said to Daniel, “The King has ordered what you are to eat. If you don’t look as strong and healthy as the others, the King might very well kill me!” (And he probably was right - as you will see later in the story. You didn’t want to get King Nebuchadnezzar mad!)

Daniel had a plan.

“Let my friends and me eat what God has commanded us to eat. Give us vegetables to eat and water to drink. After 10 days, compare us with the others who have eaten the king’s food, and see for yourself who looks healthier.”

And so that is what they did.

Sure enough, after 10 days, Daniel and his friends were healthier and stronger than the ones who had eaten the royal food. From then on Daniel and his friends were allowed to follow God and eat what God had commanded.

But God had other plans for Daniel and his friends.

The training for the four friends began, and God gave them great success in everything they did. He also gave Daniel a special gift. Daniel could tell the meaning of dreams. Daniel and his friends were faithful to God - and God did the rest.

After three years of training, all the Israelites were brought before King Nebuchadnezzar. No matter what question the king asked, or what problem he devised, the four friends knew ten times more than anyone in the whole kingdom.

And so Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah were appointed to the king’s royal court.

It was all God’s doing. God had put them there for a reason. He was about to show the greatest king in the whole world who the REAL King is.

God was getting ready to do some amazing thing.

another story

THE MYSTERIOUS DREAM

Quote:
King Nebuchadnezzar had a dream. It woke him up in the middle of the night for several nights in a row so that he could hardly sleep at all. “This dream must mean something,” he thought.

And so he did what kings did back in those long ago days. He sent for his magicians, sorcerers and wisemen.

King Nebuchadnezzar sat high on his throne, and the magicians, sorcerers and wisemen stood before him. They were probably already beginning to sweat.

King Nebuchadnezzar said to them, “I keep having this dream. Tell me what it means.”

“O Mighty King, may you live forever!,” said the magicians, sorcerers and wisemen. “Tell us your dream, and we will tell you what it means.”

But King Nebuchadnezzar was a clever king.

He said to the magicians, sorcerers and wisemen, “Tell me my dream first, and THEN tell me what it means.”

Now the magicians, sorcerers and wisemen were really sweating. “How can we do that?” they said. “Tell us your dream, and then surely we can tell you what it means.”

The King said, “If I tell you my dream, how will I know you are not just making it up when you tell me what it means? Tell me my dream and what it means and I will give you all a great reward. But if you cannot, I will have you torn to pieces.”

I told you you didn’t want to disappoint a mighty king - especially one who hasn’t been sleeping well.

The magicians, sorcerers and wisemen begged the king, “But, Your Majesty, please, tell us your dream first. No one can know another man’s dreams except God alone.” At least they were right about that!

“You cannot do it?” said King Nebuchadnezzar, “Very well then.” And he ordered that all the magicians, sorcerers and wisemen in his kingdom be torn to pieces.

Wouldn’t you know it, Daniel and his friends had been appointed to the king’s court just in time to be torn to pieces. When Arioch, the chief of the guards, came for them, Daniel asked him, “Why is the king being so harsh?” Arioch explained to Daniel what had happened.

Daniel said to him, “Don't tear anyone to pieces just yet. Give me a little time, and I will tell the king his dream and what it means.”

Daniel got together with his friends and they prayed, “Dear God in heaven, please help us. Tell us the king’s dream and what it means.”

And God did just that.

That night Daniel had a vision, and in it God told him the king’s dream and what it meant.

Daniel prayed to God,

“Praise God in heaven,
He is wise and wonderful!

He has power over all things.

He sets the time of the seasons.
He sends the rain in spring,
the hot sun of summer, the cool air of fall,
and the snow in winter.

He puts kings on their thrones.
Their power comes from him,
and he can take it away whenever he wants.

He knows all things.
It is God who makes us wise.

Even the darkest secrets
aren’t hidden from Him
because He is light.

I praise you, the God of my family.
You have made me strong and wise,
and you have answered my prayer.”

The next day Daniel appeared before the mighty King Nebuchadnezzar. He said to the king, “I can’t tell you your dream or what it means....”

“WHAT!” screamed the king, “then what are you doing here?!”

“No magician, sorcerer or wiseman can tell you your dream or what it means,” Daniel continued, “ But there IS a God in heaven who can. And he has told me what to tell you.

“In your dream you saw a great statue. Its head was made of gold, its chest was made of silver, its waist of bronze, its legs of iron, and its feet were made of iron and clay mixed together. Then you saw a stone cut from a mountain by a hand that no one could see. The stone smashed the statue, and from the stone grew a great mountain.”

“That’s it!” cried the king.

“Now I will tell you what it means,” said Daniel. “The statue with its head of gold, chest of silver, waist of bronze, legs of iron, and feet of iron and clay - these are all the kingdoms of the people on earth. Your kingdom is the head of gold. It is a great and glorious kingdom. But it won’t last forever. Another kingdom will come. It won’t be as great as yours. That is the statue’s chest of silver. After that will come the kingdom of bronze, after that, the kingdom of iron, and finally, the kingdom of iron and clay.

“But one day, God is going to put an end to all the kingdoms on earth. God will put his Holy Mountain in their place, and from there God will rule, and his kingdom will have no end.”

King Nebuchadnezzar fell to the ground.

He knew that this was a message from God. He said to Daniel, “Now I know that your God is the one, true God, the one who knows all mysteries, and the King who rules over all the kings of the earth.”

King Nebuchadnezzar rewarded Daniel with many wonderful gifts, and he made Daniel the head of all the royal advisers. Daniel asked that his friends, Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah be rewarded also, and so King Nebuchadnezzar put them in charge of all the affairs of Babylon.

Even though they were surrounded by people who didn’t follow God, Daniel and his friends were faithful.

And God was with them.

It was a good thing, because of what was going to happen next!

on till next time feiry furacne
and now for quizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Quote:
For all have sinned …
The wages of sin is death …
For God so loved the world …
I can do all things …

2. Romans 3:23 says …
I can do all things …
For all have sinned …

3. Philippians 4:13 says …
I can do all things …
For all have sinned …

4. Romans 6:23 says …
I can do all things …
For all have sinned …

5. In what book(s) can we read about the birth of Jesus?
Matthew
Luke
Both A and B
None of the above

6. The story of Noah is found in what book?
Genesis
Exodus
Noah
Revelation

7.Why did Joseph and Mary go to Bethlehem?
For their vacation
To visit their families
To celebrate Christmas
To pay their taxes

8. A good woman is more precious than … ?
Gold
Diamonds
Rubies
Emeralds

9. Jesus said, "Blessed are the pure in heart" for … ?
They shall see God
They shall gain wisdom
They will be as lambs
They will be pure

10. What seed is used in the Bible as an illustration of faith?
Pumpkin
Barley
Apple
Mustard

its chistmas has gone a of birth of jesus here it go's

www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0039/0039_01.asp

Quote:
And so each went to his own city to be counted.

So Joseph went up from Nazareth to Judea, to the town of Bethlehem, the City of David, because he was of the house and family of David. He went with Mary, who was to be his wife, who was carrying a child by the power of the Holy Spirit.

And while they were there in Bethlehem, the time came for the baby to be born. And so Mary gave birth to her firstborn, a son. She wrapped him in cloths, and laid him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn.

There were in the same country, shepherds abiding in the fields, keeping watch over their sheep through the night.

The angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone all around them, and they were all afraid. But the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid! I bring you good news of great joy, which shall be to all people. For this day, in the city of David, is born to you a savior, it is Christ the Lord! And this will be a sign for you - you will find the baby wrapped in swaddling cloths and lying in a manger."

Then suddenly, there was with the angel, a great company of angels, praising God and saying,

"Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace to all in whom God's favor rests."

...and the word was with God, and the word was God.

He was in in the beginning with God, through him all things were made. In him was life, and the life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness cannot overcome it.

And the Word became flesh and lived on earth with us.

To all who receive him, who believe in his name, he gives the power to become children of God.

verse for to day

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness,
goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.
Against these, there is no law. Galatians 5.22

todays pray

Here I am ,Lord i thank you and praise you
for all you wondreful blessings!
I will delight in everythings
you have given me.
I put my trust in you.
You are always at my side,
and today i will have everything i need.
forgive me the times
i have disapponited you.
Guide me and teach me.
Fill me with your power
so that every i do
i will be deilght to you
AMEN!
that all folks how do you like it pm rodenyrathbone :D

Please keep uncited and plagiarized material in quotes so that you do not earn money for what you did not post. -Sarai
Please do NOT keep re-editing your post so that you earn money for what you did not write. -Sarai

Last edited by Nasri on Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:03 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:00 am 
Blackgaard Prankster
Blackgaard Prankster
in the smoke of rank and file

Cash: 1.02
Blog: View Blog (8)
I believe your stuff was taken from here as well as other locations, so as it is not your original material you a) should put it in quotes so you do not acquire money for it, and b) you should attempt to see what the copyright laws are for ... this. However, I like the first issue.
-Sarai

save your pandas: vote racecar!

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:14 am 
I love the Town Council!

i work writeing therse i am a sundays theacher in church and my storys :-$

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:14 pm 
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin

Cash: 5,566.05
Bank: 1,958.31
It's nice to see your interest in stories of this nature, but it's very important to give credit where credit is due. :) If you copy something from another source, you need to put it in quote tags and tell people where you got it from. :) If these were your original works, then please let us know and possibly show some evidence as to why we should give you the credit, but otherwise, please follow the ToO Rules (click here to see them).

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:26 pm 
We love you StrongNChrist
<3

Cash: 13.72
Rodenyrathbone wrote:
i work writeing therse i am a sundays theacher in church and my storys :-$

You're 11 though ;)

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:34 pm 
RP Death Scythe
RP Death Scythe

Cash: 0.00
Age doesn't really account for who you are in reality, Birdie. ;)

Though judging by the way you type I have no doubt that it was plagiarisms...

mirkwoodelf: I DONT KNOW I HAS OTHER PROPOSALSES.

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:19 am 
I love the Town Council!

That not the point am asking you how do you like it.

Check out my newspaper To0 Star

Offline Profile  

[ 7 posts ]