Post Post subject: THUN Newspaper, May Issue
Posted: Wed May 30, 2007 8:49 am 
I'll catch up to Bren!
SCREAMING BLASPHEMY.

Cash: 121.94
Bank: 0.00
Blog: View Blog (4)

A Message from the Editor:
Hi, guys! I hope you enjoy this End-of-School/May issue of the THUN. In between this issue and last issue, Abigail, our fabulous editor for this past school year, stepped down from her position. We had an election for THUN editor. Rodneyrathbone and I each ran for the position of editor, and I won. I hope you enjoy this new issue of the THUN. Thank you for reading! :)
And now, an election update.

Election Time is here.... by Birdie
As many of you know, it's that time of the year again! It's that time of the year for dishing out free confections, such as cookies, doughnuts, creampuffs, and other fattening food! It's the time for some people to show off their diplomatic skills! It's... *drumroll* Election Time!

So far, the two wonderful teams running for this 2007 term are...

s², this experienced team is composed of Sarai Binghamton, who is running for Mayor, and sonuna, who is running for Chief of Police.

HaZe, this very fun and creative team is composed of Zelda Jacobs, who is running for Mayor, and Hakeber BC Rathbne Doyle, who is running for Chief of Police. If you do stop by to visit them in their HQ, don't forget a sprinkly doughnut!

On June 1st through the 3rd you citizens of the ToO will decide who will be our next two administrators. The results will be revealed on June 4th.

Good luck to both teams. I know that who ever will be elected will show wisdom and leadership throughout their term.

Jokes and Comics by Rodneyrathbone

Q: Why did the schoolboy hate decimals?
A: He couldn't see the point.

Q: In which battle was Lord Nelson killed?
A: His last one.

Q:Why is history the sweetest lesson?
A: Because it's full of dates.

Q: Why did the boy shoot the clock?
A: He was trying to kill time.

Q: Why do cows wear bells?
A: Because their horns don't work.

Bible Lesson
By Queen Prunaprismia
Ephesians 6:1 wrote:
Children obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right.

Ephesians 6:5-8 wrote:
Slaves, obey your earthly masters with fear and trembling, with a sincere heart, as you would Christ, not by the way of eye-service, as people-pleasers, but as servants of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart, rendering service with a good will as to the Lord and not to man, knowing that whatever good anyone does, this he will receive back from the Lord, whether he is a slave or free.

Ephesians 6 talks about obeying earthly authorities, such as our parents and our masters. We are all sons or daughters, so we have parents. Do you obey them? Did you obey them?

While slavery isn't too common today, we still have bosses and people we work for. Do we treat them like we would Christ?

And just in case you're a parent or a boss, Ephesians 6 talks to you too,

Ephesians 6:4 wrote:
Fathers do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instructions of the Lord.

Ephesians 6:9 wrote:
Masters, do the same to them, and stop your threatening, knowing that he who is both their Master and yours is in heaven, and that there is no partiality with him.

I encourage you all to read Ephesians 6, or at least the beginning, and to redouble your efforts to treat your parents, boss, children, and workers, as you would Christ.

Summer Gone, Summer Not--Part One
By Abigail
Attention students!" came a voice over the speaker during lunch period. "May 24th is the last day of school!"
"Alright!" Kimberly cried. "Only one more week of school!"
"Hey Kim, I thought you liked school." Kim's twin sister Kerry stated.
"I do, but it is nice to get out for the summer." Kim admitted. "That way I can spend more time with my friends."
"Yeah sure," Katie, one of Kim's best friends said. "You can't fool us anymore, we know that the minute you are by yourself, you'll be at the library studying."
Everyone at the table laughed in agreement. Kim blushed and said sheepishly, "I can't help it if I make good grades. I just like to learn and I like school."
"Well, while we are on the subject of school and summer," said Katie's best friend, Shannon. "We need to start thinking about whether or not we are going to have an end of school slumber party."
"Shannon's right," Kerry said. "We also need to learn everyone's plans for the summer, so we can start planning summer activities."
"Speaking of summer activities," Shannon said. "I won't be here for six weeks of the summer."
"Why?" Kim cried.
"I will be at summer camp in Main the first two weeks of June. Then my family is going on vacation in Florida for the rest of June and the first two weeks of July." Shannon said.
"But you'll be back for part of the summer?" Kerry asked Shannon.
"Yes, I'll be here for the last six weeks of summer." Shannon replied.
"Ok, that's cool," Kim said.
"Well guys, I might as well tell you now," Katie said.
"What?!" everyone cried in unison.
"My parents are sending me to summer boarding school in Oklahoma for the whole summer since my grades have been so bad," Katie said.
"What???" Shannon cried in dismay. "You can't be gone the whole summer! We were going do all sorts of things together! How come you didn't tell me?"
"I didn't find out until last night," Katie said, sadly.
"This is awful!" Kim cried. Jessica, Kim's very best friend, who had been quiet all this time, said softly, "And that's not all."
"Oh no, not you!" Kim cried. "Where are you going for the summer?"
"It's not just for the summer only," Jessica said, struggling to keep her voice steady.
"Come on, spit it out!" Kerry cried.
Jessica drew in a deep breath and said slowly in an effort not to cry, "We're moving to Washington at the end of May" she said; and then she started to cry.
"What?!" Kimberly cried in disbelief. "You can't move! What will I do without you?" she burst into tears and Kerry, who was near tears herself, hugged Kim and started to cry with her.
"This is awful!" Shannon cried
Katie, the one who was keeping herself together the best, asked in a husky voice, "Why do you have to move?"
Jessica dried her tears and said, "Because Mom was offered a job in Washington. Since Mom and Dad are divorced, she has to take the job offer to be able to support Kathy and myself," she started to cry again. "I don't want to move! I want to stay here in Minnesota with you guys at East High, start 10th grade with you, and graduate with you, but now I won't be able to." She was now crying uncontrollably.
Kimberly, whose tears had subsided, moved over and hugged Jessica.
By this time, everyone except Jessica had pretty much stopped crying,
and a few moments later Jessica's tears had subsided as well.
No one spoke for a few minutes as they thought the matter over. Finally, Jessica broke the silence by saying, "Mom told me that I can come visit during the summer. She also said she would try to get free long distance calls so I can call you whenever I want. But it still won't be the same."
"No, it won't." Kim said sadly.
"But," Kerry said. "It will be fun in a way."
"How do you mean Kerry?" Katie questioned.
"Well, now we will have a reason to write letters, take and send pictures, and we could even get email addresses."
Kim's eyes lit up. "Yeah!" she sounded less sad and a little excited. "We could even start tic-tac-toe games and play the game by mail!"
"Now when you say that, it doesn't sound so bad after all," Jessica said, excitedly.
"Yeah," Shannon said, "But it still won't be the same."
"No, it won't," Jessica said sadly. "But hey, why worry now? I'm not moving until May 31st, and I'm sure mom will excuse me from packing sometimes, since we don't have all that much stuff anyway. So, I'll still be able to do some stuff with you guys while I'm here."
"Jessica has got a point, how about all of you coming over to my house after school so we can do some planning?" Kim asked.
"Ok!" everyone replied in unison.
The ringing of the bell brought everyone back to reality.
"School. I nearly forgot where we were," Jessica said and everyone laughed as they headed to classes.

Later that afternoon, after school was over and they were all seated in Kim's room, Kim spoke up saying "Ok, is everyone here?"
"Yes!" came the reply.
Kim adjusted her visor and said, "Good. This meeting of How-to-Keep-in-Touch-with-Jessica-After-She-Moves will now come to order."
"So, any ideas?" Kim asked
"Well, we've already thought of some," Kerry reminded Kim.
"Right," Shannon said. "What were they?"
"Um...one was getting email addresses," Katie said
"Ok....what else?" Kim inquired as she wrote in her notebook.
Jessica thought for a moment and said, "Oh yeah, playing tic-tac-toe by mail."
Kim jotted that down and asked, "What else?"
"Taking pictures and sending them to each other," Kerry stated.
"Right," Kim said "Does anyone have a camera?"
"I have a Fuji," Shannon said. Jessica added that she had one too.
"I have an instant camera," Katie said.
"And Kerry and I have a digital camera," Kim said, writing in her notebook.
"Ok, now I need to give you all my new address," Jessica said, taking a piece of paper out of her purse.
"Right. And I need to give you all my address at the summer boarding school, so we can write each other while I'm there," Katie said.
"I have the address of my grandparent's place in Florida, where we will be staying for a month out of the summer. And I can email from camp," Shannon added.
For a few minutes everyone exchanged addresses. When they were finished, Jessica spoke up. "Oh! I've got a good idea. We can send each other care packages."
"That is a good one!" Katie exclaimed.
"I think that we have enough ideas for now," Kim said. "Let's go downstairs, get on the computer, and set up email accounts for all of us on Yahoo."
"Ok!" everyone agreed in unison.
About an hour later, it was time for everyone to go.
"I've got to start packing," Jessica said with a sigh.
"And we all have to study for finals," Katie added.
"Oh yeah, I almost forgot about that," Kerry said. "Finals. Ugh, I'd rather eat moldy bread."
Everyone laughed at that and started for home.

Image Banner made by Christina S.
Question this Issue:
How did you like this issue? Any suggestions for future issues?

Employee(s) of the Issue:
All of you! Thanks to my proofreaders, Conniepaw, Laura Ingalls, and Abigail; my story writers, Queen Prunaprismia and Abigail; my graphic designer, Laura Ingalls; my Bible Lesson writer, Queen Prunaprismia; my jokes and comics writer, Rodneyrathbone; my Jack-of-all-Trades, Christina S and Elisha; and my news reporter, Birdie! Thank you for all your hard work on this issue!

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Wed May 30, 2007 9:42 am 
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin

Cash: 5,947.83
Bank: 1,958.31
Wow, that was a good edition! :D Abigail clearly left the newspaper in good hands!

I'm looking forward to reading the next part of Abigail's story, and I liked Birdie's election coverage! \:D/ There were a lot of good parts in this edition!

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Thu May 31, 2007 2:20 pm 
We love you StrongNChrist
<3

Cash: 13.72
Good job, Elizabeth! Thank's Catspaw, writing it was fun!

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Thu May 31, 2007 2:29 pm 
I love the Town Council!

Cash: 14.24
Bank: 0.00
It looks lovely E.D the newspaper does.

Check out my newspaper To0 Star

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Thu May 31, 2007 2:40 pm 
I post like Shadowpaw

Cash: 0.00
Good work all. \:D/

By the way, Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood, was a racist.

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject: !
Posted: Thu May 31, 2007 3:01 pm 
Undercover
Undercover
is offically a Gleek

Cash: 0.00
I have to say that was grrrreat!! That was a really neat story! Great job!

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:22 pm 
Crazy lil blondie
Crazy lil blondie
lovin life

Cash: 7.00
Bank: 1.50
Blog: View Blog (1)
I have to agree, it's an awsome paper, ED did a great job.
I have to admit as well, that story Abigial worte is quite interesting, I can't wait to read part 2. ;)

-Abigail

Offline Profile  

[ 7 posts ]