I am hiring for positions:

Editor:

Editor in chief:

Reporter:

And anything else you can think of!

Thanks
-Jon
Owner Odyssey Politix

Here is a guide to everyone who is running: (be advised that while i am posting some of there views i will not be posting all of them)

The randoms- Platform -

Quote:
1. Faction Test Policy - If a faction appears to be dead, we will post a thread in it asking for a certain number of people to reply saying that they want to keep the thread open for posting. We would give a week for people to respond, and if we got the desired number of replies we would have a two-week trial time to see if anyone begins to post again. If not, we will lock the faction and remove it from the list of factions to join. If the appropriate occasion arises, we may re-open the faction.

2. Faction Leader Replacement - If the leader of a faction has been unexplainably absent for several months and the faction is suffering because of this, we will PM the person about their faction. If they don’t respond within a week, we will PM them again and e-mail them if possible. If they do not respond to that within a week, we will appoint a new leader.

Look out for more

Rainbow candy -Platform:

Hmm i couldnt find any :-s

CIA - Platform:
Quote:
Platformity Enormity!

Controlling Indecent Addictees (i.e. SPAMMERS! )

Spam is a constant issue here on the ToO. Many times, it is simply over-eager newbies who want to get in on the crazy fun! Other times, angry members go on rants and post hateful messages in every nook and cranny of our township. Well...FEAR NOT! CIA IS HERE TO...uh...STOP THIS AWFULNESS! We have come up with what we think is quite a lovely warning/punishment system.Of course, this all depends on the situation. But, considering it is being done on purpose or repeatedly, then the following rules would most likely apply.:

The spammer gets 5 Chances before a very prolonged banning:

1st - The first (especially if it is just an over-eager newbie) will be a gentle warning informing them of the rules and letting them know the consequences of their actions if the choose to continue.

2nd- The second will be a HARSH warning. Letting them know that they have continued to violate the rules, and if they choose to continue there will be consequences.

3rd- They will be banned from posting for one week.

4th- If they STILL continue, even after their first banning. They will be banned for two weeks, with a PM letting them know that if they STILL continue, an extended banning will occur.

5th- There are, occasionally, those people who either don't want to obey the rules, or just find it funny to harass people. These people will break the rules YET again, to receive a third banning, this time for a month.

6th- *sigh* Usually, that will get the message through people's heads but if by this time, they still aren't following the rules...then they will be banned for a full year. And this will probably include an IP ban as well, unless there are other ToO members using the same computer.

Stay tuned! More to come!

Edit - Please try to avoid double, triple, quadruple etc. posts - use the edit button instead. Also, you need to quote all material that you directly copy that you did not write yourself so that you do not receive credit or funds for something that is not yours. - Catspaw

-Obama'08-

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:56 pm 
Blissfully Oblivious

Cash: 26.30
^ No double posting.

If only I were a mod I could fix this.

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:00 pm 
I don’t know what I’m doing!

Cash: 0.00
DAM and regis- platform:

Quote:
Helping the town
Each new member should get a certian amount of money

... clean up the factions area. Whatever is dead, deleting them, or see if they can come back alive.
Truth and Trivia! should come back
ToO Christmas 2005 and ToO Christmas 2006 should go

Dead factions, like Top's , and the Maxwell alliance funds, and Hakabekers Academy can be deleted or locked (I'm apart of them all).
If it has a chance we can appoint new people.

Then maybe the newspaper area. Either someone starts up a newspaper again, makes it creative, and global announces it, or we can just make that sub-forum a part of a dead zone, along with all the factions. People can view them (or we can delete them), but can't post. Like the First Church of Regisville.

Bennett Charles Platform:

Quote:
NOT Helping the town
Each new member shouldn't get a certain amount of money. (Why would I be giving you money. all you have to do is post stuff. Or copy and past someone else's posts into yours and post it! And then claim it was yours!)

... NOT clean up the factions area. Whatever is dead, deleting them, or see if they can come back alive is a dumb idea. (Why should I do any more work then any of you? If you can't keep up your own topics...what do you expect me to do?)

OverTheRainbow wrote:
^ No double posting.

im sorry did you mind me copying from ur thread?

Edit - triple post removed - in the future, you need to use the edit butto instead. Also, you need to quote all material that you directly copy that you did not write yourself so that you do not receive credit or funds for something that is not yours. - Catspaw

-Obama'08-

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:02 pm 
Blissfully Oblivious

aiofan94 wrote:
OverTheRainbow wrote:
^ No double posting.

im sorry did you mind me copying from you're thread?

No, I don't mind. But it's against the rules to double post, or in this case, post about five times in a row. Just simply edit your post by clicking the "EDIT" button on the right hand corner of your post.

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:06 pm 
I don’t know what I’m doing!

Cash: 0.00
OverTheRainbow wrote:
aiofan94 wrote:
OverTheRainbow wrote:
^ No double posting.

No, I don't mind. But it's against the rules to double post, or in this case, post about five times in a row. Just simply edit your post by clicking the "EDIT" button on the right hand corner of your post.

oops sorry im new here.....

-Obama'08-

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:12 pm 
Blissfully Oblivious

aiofan94 wrote:
OverTheRainbow wrote:
aiofan94 wrote:
OverTheRainbow wrote:
^ No double posting.

oops sorry im new here.....

Haha, it's okay. I did it too.

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:31 pm 
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author
Bone Marrow Transplant Registered Nurse

Cash: 231.86
Blog: View Blog (13)
I'm not sure what this is all about... sorry... I don't mind you copying Regis and My's platform, but the info you used... it isn't all of the platform, and we truly edited all of that... just so you know. If you'd like, to see the edited version, I can add you to Regis and I's cmapaign HQ so you can see the edited version.. I was sure I had put it in where everyone could see it... sorry...

Could we explain what this is all about?

Offline Profile  

[ 7 posts ]