[ 19 posts ] 
 Post Post subject: Odyssey Owl Sneak Peak!
Posted: Thu May 07, 2009 9:04 am 
Local Conspiracy theorist

Cash: 0.00
Bank: 174.50
Well guys I have decided to release the first part of Odyssey Owl's Exclusive Interview with the Panda Bear Team. We plan to release the next bit with the release of our newspaper. We have discussed a range of topics and we hope that we are able to enlighten you guys on all the team's opinions. :)

And I think it should be stated that I am unbiased and I was a little new to this, this was conducted over MSN and anything that is said was not meant to insult other members of the ToO :yes:

Quote:
Odyssey Owl Editor: Well, how are you feeling today?

xiao: Pretty well and yourself?

Tyler: Felling good feeling great how are you?

Editor: I am feeling fine. So let's get this party started. *cracks knuckles*

Tyler: Okay lets go.

Editor: Well, Xiao, what were you thinking when you posted that picture of Whoopi Goldberg? In all honesty I found it funny, but with such conservative members on the board why would you post it if you know you might have gotten into trouble?

xiao: Well at the time I didn't think it would offend anyone, I didn't post it in the intent of scarring anyones children or anything. I just thought the picture was as disturbing as it was hilarious.

Editor: Have you ever been reprimanded by an admin? I understand if you don't want to answer that question, but pretty much I want to know if you've ever crossed the line and gotten a warning. I am just trying to clear out any concerns some people (I know that they do) may have. If you can answer them honestly and correctly, then it will clear any suspicious.

xiao: Reprimanded I think is too harsh a word, some admins have discussed specific posts that I have posted on the board with me due to their content. I haven't ever gotten in trouble for anything serious, though. Just things like the Whoopi Goldberg picture and other such nonsense!

Editor: I used reprimanded as a strong word as well. TOP pm'ed me because of my Beyonce picture as well. So I understand what you mean. (She was wearing a dress for heavens sake so *shrugs*) I have recieved information from an outside source claiming that you have sworn on the ToO. I understand there are different defintions of that word. So have you ever used words such as "heck"; "Hell"; or taken the Lord's name in vain?

xiao: Well I think you're opening a can of worms here. Using the Lord's name in vain is quite an open term and "hell" can be used in a variety of non-vulgar ways. And I don't think anyone considers "heck" a swear. But my language hasn't been malicious or profane.

Editor: Well, this is unbiased. Some members have complained about it ( I recieved a pm claiming you did ) so I just wanted to ask.

xiao: Yeah, I have issued a public apology for offending anyone. That was certainly not my intention.

Editor: Moving on to another topic. *cue music*

Tyler: dadadaaaaa

Editor: The economy. Have either of you taken economic classes and if so have you grasped the theory of economics?

Tyler: Of course. In fact I had designed a strict economic plan to put the ToO back on track in the SEKHA term but it went sour after our term was over.

Editor: Please explain.

Tyler: The thing about the ToOs economy is people have jobs that give them enormous amounts of money continuously but they never have to spend any of that money. So they just put it in the bank. The jobs system is the thorn in the ToOs economys side.

Editor: Do you have anything to remedy that situation?

Tyler: If people just made money from posting and thats all the money that they had to spend the playing field would level out because you get rewarded for "working"

Editor: So you would do away with jobs because that's all people work for?

xiao: And of course, we'd want to add things that users could purchase other than degrees and items. I'd like to see the store and the economy as a whole get a lot more creative.

Editor: What ideas do you have?

Tyler: shops for specific roleplaying games.

Editor: Do explain.

Tyler: say a roleplaying game gets popular enough that alot of people are really into it, we could perhaps create items that pertain to that game.

xiao: We'd like to make the ToO a lot more interactive for the users as a whole. If elected, things will get a lot more exciting for the average joe. No offense to anyone named Joe.

Editor: Well, on that note I have one question before you can go deeper into the economy. Why does it seem that the ones with the innovative ideas lose? I mean the oldbies seem to win a lot. I spent like 9 hours researching the ToO last night and came up with a WHOLE BUNCH of juicy tidbits, and it seems that only one team will win...

Tyler: hah. well I have won twice and my ideas have completely changed the ToO.

Editor: As an oldbie I mean. I think you guys are swinging the game differently, and you are up against Taq and LizzieG.

Tyler: Well yes I do have that advantage... Yeah sometimes it is a popularity contest...

Editor: They seem to be respected very much, so due to some sources I have recieved. Not anything against you, but it would be fairly close in my opinion. I think it's been like that for several elections, but I think that's getting besides the point. My apologies.

Tyler: But it's only been that way because there hasn't been two equal teams in a while.

xiao: Yeah. We're doing a lot of different things. I think sometimes people just blindly vote based on what's on the ballot without putting much thought into it. We hope that people would look at our campaign ideas and realize that we could really improve things, not just change them. We're stock full of ideas and very open-minded for new ones. And EK is right, it's usually been a landslide. I think this one is going to be a bit tighter. I'd like to hope so, at least.

Editor: Between whom?

xiao: Between all of the teams.

Tyler: Yeah this one may be a bight of a close election and we haven't had one of those in a long time.

Editor: So you're ruling out the Blackbeards?

xiao: No, we're not ruling anyone out.

Tyler: I think the most exciting election was JEC vs EK and Sonuna. if you look at that one youll see what I mean by tight election.

xiao: It's just as likely that the Blackbeards could sweep up as it is, say anyone else. They had a running start which I think helped them a lot. I remember EK and Sonuna

Editor: Are you really low on money, and can you explain the background of your faction?

Tyler: We actually just got our fee in.

xiao: Yeah we had been really low on money for a whlie and suddenly we started getting these massive donations, so we're all set on the money now. Unless of course you'd like to donate to me for no reason

Tyler: The faction we have now was just a placeholder till we got our official one

Editor: Another question has come in regarding leadership. An anonymous user stated that you two have the better ideas and LizzieG and Taq would be the better leaders. What is your opinion on that and do you all think you'll have time to implement all your ideas?

xiao: Time has been a concern, but we'll work hard. I think people underestimate how we'll do as a leader. And if we are elected, we would be eager to help implement ideas that other campaigns have introduced with their help. We want to work with the people we're running against, not against them. But as far as our ideas go, people haven't even seen the tip of the iceberg with us.

Tyler: Well the thing about being a mayor and CoP is that the leadership is delegated amongst a vast amount of people...

Editor: Mods included? I thought they were akin to cronies?

Tyler: Haha not exactly because they report to us and catspaw any problems they see. Many experienced mods take matters into there own hands, I know I have done this many a time.

Editor: How do you feel about that?

Tyler: I feel that if the mods we hire have good discernment about what action should be taken according to the situation then they should be able to keep stuff under wrap and you may forget I have been a longstanding moderator at the ToO.

Editor: Why haven't you posted all your ideas?

xiao: We're waiting, spacing them out. We don't want to overwhelm people. It builds excitement too

Tyler: We like to spread them out over the campaign so as to keep people interested.

Editor: So how is this voting thing for the mods gonna go?

Tyler: Well well have a certain amount of mods that are automatic oldbie mods. That way the newly elected mods will have some guidance

Editor: How would a person who want to be mod throw his/her hat in the ring?

Tyler: they submit an application to us we pick the cream of the crop out of the application (or all of them if there isnt that many applications) and hold elections well be posting a bit on the platform as well soon.

xiao: More information on the Mod votes will be on our campaign page, which should be updated soon

Editor: I have two questions regarding everyone's favorite Carebear admin. She gets bugged a lot about plot arcs. Is there anyway to recruit people for plotarcs, start plot arcs, or contact the plot arc team?

Tyler: Well I do happen to know who all is in the story arc team and theyre kind of inactive... traditionally admins arent allowed to do story arcs but Xiao has done a few mini story arcs

xiao: We want to revive the story arcs. Make them more exciting, but not intrusive. But we aren't allowed to do "official" archs. I've done quite a few archs that no one has suspected me of. So we'll see how that goes if elected, I guess

Tyler: so we plan to discuss with catspaw if we can possibly do some official stuff.

Portions of this interview have been edited for your reading pleasure. The opinions of the candidates have remained intact. Their opinions are exclusively their own and are not affiliated with Odyssey Owl.

Thanks to Pseudodude who edited the whole thing :)

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Thu May 07, 2009 11:58 am 
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru
dont really come here anymore

Cash: 0.38
This is interesting. Will you be doing this for all the teams?

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Thu May 07, 2009 11:59 am 

Lord Sesshoumaru wrote:
This is interesting. Will you be doing this for all the teams?

Yes I sent Blackbeard questions but he hasn't responded to me yet. I am making q's for everyone else as well :)

If you really want a productive interview then use MSN which is why I got to Panda's first.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Thu May 07, 2009 12:04 pm 
The Original EK
The Original EK

Cash: 28,902.77
Bank: 192.84
Blog: View Blog (5)
I have to admit, I didn't get to say all I wanted to say in that interview...things were moving quite fast. But I think we did get alot in. Good job "Guest".

Offline Profile Facebook  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Thu May 07, 2009 12:05 pm 

Tyler wrote:
I have to admit, I didn't get to say all I wanted to say in that interview...things were moving quite fast. But I think we did get alot in. Good job "Guest".

I don't want to come off as biased guys but if you really want to get all your info out use MSN.

Lord, you might want to have Blackbeard answer those questions so we can analyze them and ship off more.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Thu May 07, 2009 12:44 pm 
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Old... but not obsolete.

Highscores: 1

Cash: 9,999,999,994,415,340.00
Bank: 5,584,680.26
Blog: View Blog (1)
Will you do interviews with the outgoing administration? \:D/ I love hearing myself talk! \:D/

I'm bored today so come ask me questions here as the topic suggests.

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Thu May 07, 2009 12:50 pm 
Night is Falling
Night is Falling
iTroll

Cash: 142.88
Bank: 0.00
Blog: View Blog (2)
The Top Crusader wrote:
Will you do interviews with the outgoing administration? \:D/ I love hearing myself talk! \:D/

Same here \:D/.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Thu May 07, 2009 12:56 pm 
Radio Station
Radio Station

Cash: 43.77
Iron and Light wrote:
The Top Crusader wrote:

You people make me shake my head in amusement and sadness. ;)

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Thu May 07, 2009 12:56 pm 

Iron and Light wrote:
The Top Crusader wrote:

Sure, it'd be easier to conduct an interview like that over MSN however.

IF you all have one we can discuss a date and get crackin'

If you don't it'll take me a few days to compile questions and pm them.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Thu May 07, 2009 1:06 pm 
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Old... but not obsolete.

Highscores: 1

Cash: 9,999,999,994,415,340.00
Bank: 5,584,680.26
Blog: View Blog (1)
Yeah my MSN is in my profile... I never actually use it, so it might be dead, though. ;) But anyway if I have a certain time I'll be on it, I suppose. :noway:

I'm bored today so come ask me questions here as the topic suggests.

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Thu May 07, 2009 1:11 pm 
Radio Station
Radio Station

Cash: 43.77
The Top Crusader wrote:
Yeah my MSN is in my profile... I never actually use it, so it might be dead, though. ;) But anyway if I have a certain time I'll be on it, I suppose. :noway:

To keep MSN from going dead, you need to log in at least once every six months.

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Thu May 07, 2009 1:36 pm 
mosenergetika.ru

Cash: Locked
Bank: Locked
KODY 10K wrote:
The Top Crusader wrote:

To keep MSN from going dead, you need to log in at least once every six months.

Guess mine died about 3 years ago. :(

Post Post subject:
Posted: Thu May 07, 2009 2:08 pm 
Pleasantly Confused
Pleasantly Confused
the people are the heroes

Thanks for giving me credit for wasting forever and a day editing that into a presentable conversation. \:D/

I took out all the stuff I didn't like. :yes: And... completely changed their plans, too! \:D/

But don't break your back
If you ever see this,
But don't answer that.
In a bullet proof vest
With the windows all closed,
I'll be doing my best
I'll see you soon.

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Thu May 07, 2009 2:12 pm 
The Original EK
The Original EK

Cash: 28,902.77
Bank: 192.84
Blog: View Blog (5)
Pseudonym wrote:
Thanks for giving me credit for wasting forever and a day editing that into a presentable conversation. \:D/

I took out all the stuff I didn't like. :yes: And... completely changed their plans, too! \:D/

:( Aw. I knew something was off. ;)

Offline Profile Facebook  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Thu May 07, 2009 2:32 pm 
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author
Bone Marrow Transplant Registered Nurse

Cash: 231.86
Blog: View Blog (13)
Finally finding the time to read most of what was said (I've had other looks at this convo myself)... the mod part, where they talked about mods... I think I ony read sentence or two, but I agree with what they said... mods report to the admins, or experienced ones take it into their owns hands, and they can keep things safe from the whole town if need be...

Nice interview...

Now, Johnny, will you do any other teams? Cause, this does look biased...

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Thu May 07, 2009 2:33 pm 

Danielle Abigail Maxwell wrote:
Finally finding the time to read most of what was said (I've had other looks at this convo myself)... the mod part, where they talked about mods... I think I ony read sentence or two, but I agree with what they said... mods report to the admins, or experienced ones take it into their owns hands, and they can keep things safe from the whole town if need be...

Nice interview...

Now, Johnny, will you do any other teams? Cause, this does look biased...

Yes I will be I am awaiting Blackbeard's answers and awaiting Lizzie and Taq's schedules to free this week. I have it all covered it isn't my fault that Xiao and EK were available first! :anxious:

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Thu May 07, 2009 2:35 pm 
The Council is GREAT!
say waddup saints!?!

Cash: 14.32
Bank: 65.49
Quite interesting... Good job, Guest.

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Fri May 08, 2009 12:05 pm 
A Silent Prayer Warrior
Counterespionage for the Anti-Randoms

Iron and Light wrote:
The Top Crusader wrote:

you love hearing Top talk too? ;)

Good job, Johnny. I liked it \:D/

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Fri May 08, 2009 12:14 pm 
Night is Falling
Night is Falling
iTroll

Cash: 142.88
Blog: View Blog (2)
StrongNChrist wrote:
Iron and Light wrote:
The Top Crusader wrote:

you love hearing Top talk too? ;)

I was being sarcastic, and meant 'same here' to the bit about loving to hear myself talk ;). So, sarcasm = 'I love to hear myself talk, too!'

But I know you knew that \:D/.

Offline Profile E-mail  

[ 19 posts ]