The Informer Vol. 1 Edition 1

Come and check out the newspapers of the Town of Odyssey! New and archived issues are all available here.

The Informer Vol. 1 Edition 1

Postby Knight Fisher » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:26 pm

Today seemed an appropriate occasion for issue one of The Informer. We give you the facts. Future issues will be much better looking. (Or worse depending on your opinion.)

Happy 7th Birthday Town of Odyssey!

Today is the seventh birthday of our fair town. To celebrate this our top-notch reporters Bmuntz and I got interviews with some special people. Due to scheduling issues this will be the entirety of the issue. This wasn't planned for release today but I thought it would be the appropriate moment.

First off an interview I conducted with Team Phoenix.
KF: How did you two decide to run together?
WW: I asked Monty to run with me.
MY: I believe I got a pm from Jeremy asking me if I would want to run.

KF: What was your favorite experience during the election?
WW: Probably the debate with Top and Bob. lol.
MY: I enjoyed the failure, to be honest. It gave us a sense of what people were looking for in a team, and it was easier to make our platform for the second election.

KF: What was it like not to make the ballot in the first election?
WW: It was expected. Not that many people are willing to give up their money...

KF: How did it feel to be asking people like crazy for money?
WW: We didn't necessarily go crazy asking for money. But I did say we needed funds, like all the time.
MY: See my response to question 2.

KF: When you pulled up the page saying you won the election what went through your mind?
WW: I couldn't believe that it was the close, but I was really happy.
MY: I never really pulled up the page. I knew we had won because my name was red and I was thinking "Yes! We were able to win even though Top and Bob thoroughly trounced us in the debate.

KF: How difficult were the mod choices?
WW: Not too difficult, I would say. We did have to go back and forth on some, though.
MY: We had a great deal of discussion regarding mod choices. One thing I wanted to do was try to include several newer mods. I feel like people who have good ideas sometimes never get into the political system on the ToO, not for lack of maturity or imagination, but because they haven't held a position before. I believe this policy did work to a degree because Team Sherwood is currently one of the most successful teams in ToO history.

KF: So, you have the power. Like it?
WW: Yeah, it's okay.
MY: Yes and no. It's been a lot of fun and a lot of work. I've loved every minute of it, but it's so much more than what it appears. I don't like the power because of the power, but because I believe Whitty Whit and I are able to give people fun events because of it.

KF: Has the term been fun?
WW: Ehe. I've been insanely busy, to busy to give the ToO a lot of time, so people would probably say this wasn't a good term, but I think it's been fun, under the circumstances.
MY: See previous question.

KF: Any secret plans for later in the term that you will let me in on because I was one of your biggest supporters?
WW: Well... There's the image scavenger hunt coming up... Have your people call my people.
MY: No, because you're probably going to publish this completely off-the-record interview in that new newspaper of yours...

KF: Thanks for the time guys!

And a very special interview.
For the opening edition of this fine paper, which I am sure, will last a thousand years I wanted to get a very special interview. I do believe all with be thrilled as I have pulled every string I could to get your founder and leader the great Shadowpaw to grace me with his presence and share some of his thoughts.

I arrived at the building where Shadowpaw told me to meet him. I was nervous at first when I told the cab driver the address. All he did was mutter something in Spanish that sounded like El Diablo. However now I am very nervous as I see the building that I am dropped off at. It looks deserted however you know that eyes are watching you from the shadows. I go to get back into the cab but it already has raced away. I step in the building and look around the deserted warehouse. I am about the leave again when a voice calls out that is faint but you know is right behind you. “Hello Barry. So nice of you to drop in.” It’s the man himself Shadowpaw. He stays in the shadows while he guides me to a couple of chairs. He sits in one that is completely in darkness while mine has a single spotlight shining on it. “Lets start.” He says and I ask my first question.

Barry: Why did you start the ToO?
Shadowpaw: The TH was an old boys and Continental Admiral club and I wanted a place where people were more welcome so I started the ToO. And I wanted more power where no one could stand in my way.
Barry: Do you still keep in touch with many of the old members from the TH?
Spaw: Mainly only Jared. We actually started a band together called “I argumentally disagree”. It’s really big in Russia.
Barry: Boxer’s or Boxes?
Spaw: A crazy dictator never tells. However I do know that Saddam was a big Box man.
Barry: What is your top Odyssey character?
Spaw: I am a big fan of Eugene of course but Bernard would have to be my top.
Barry: Will you ever update the SF again?
Spaw: No.
Barry: Will you ever make a comeback on the ToO like I did?
Spaw: Maybe when the time is right. I am just really busy with various projects right now. And if any one asks none of them involve nuclear weapons and a nova com box.
Barry: Looking forward to Mad Men’s return?
Spaw: Don Draper is actually based on my life but they dulled it down so much I can’t watch.
Barry: If you could do one thing different with the ToO would if have been?
Spaw: I would have never told you that it existed.
Barry: I know that your busy so only one more question. I know that you really like to write Odyssey fan fiction. Could you read us some?
Spaw: Sure.
Whit: We knew that one day Connie would leave and go off to University

Kid: But I miss her so much

Whit: I know its tough but Connie has her own life and she needs to make these choices and steps in her life

Connie: Whit! Whit wake up! We have customers

Whit: Sorry I was just having a really good dream.

Barry: Thanks for having me Shadow --- and suddenly I realised he no longer was there.
G'kar wrote:Not many fishies left in the sea Not many fishies, just Londo and me.
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness
Knight Fisher

Cash on hand: 308.75
Bank: 0.00

Re: The Informer Vol. 1 Edition 1

Postby Catspaw » Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:31 pm

What a timely posting of a lovely newspaper. \:D/ Clearly the two people involved have superior interview skills. I liked the hard-hitting, investigative journalism that was present in both interviews. Kudos to Knight Fisher and Barry!
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Catspaw

Cash on hand: 6,259.87
Bank: 1,958.31

Postby Knight Fisher » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:27 pm

Two last minute additions. First an interview conducted by Woody of the candidates. Second:

Wanted Graphical Newspaper Editor to put all this together in what looks like a paper.

And the interview.
How long have you been members of the ToO?

DanP740: I have been a member since April 3rd, 2005, the third day the ToO was open.
Knight Fisher: A little under 10 months.
Shennifer: almost 3 years (it will be 3 in June)
Katniss: Just barely over two years.

What is your favorite event that your team offers?

DanP740:I would say either the Moderator Trainee Contest, or ToO
Break Week, which I have not unveiled yet.
Knight Fisher: The Dark Ages *spooky noises*
Shennifer: My favorite event...is probably either Testimonies or
Moderator Trainee Contest
Katniss: I am really looking forward to the 2012 Film Festival

What is your favorite event that the other team offers?

DanP740: None of them. Well, maybe the game with no name for it.
Knight Fisher: I'd say: We Might Want To Make An Agreement! Chatroom
games are fun.
Shennifer: It's between the film festival and The fun game with no
name for it
Katniss: I like the Moderator Trainee Contest Very creative. And
helpful to the town.

Have you had any past experience?

DanP740: A very small amount of admin experience back in 2005. You
can't just get experience by killing skeletons after all.
Knight Fisher: I've been an Admin on again off again on CC.
Shennifer: only a little; I've been a mod once.
Katniss: A moderator for three terms.

Are you nervous that you might lose the election?

DanP740: It's my first time, and probably my only time, barring a
few years from now. People have said they want me in office, so if
they don't want me now, oh well.
Knight Fisher: Very nervous. I know what it's like to lose, and it's
not fun. But I'll get over it quickly if we do.
Shennifer: Yes, I am nervous. But I have hope that if I lose, I may
run again in the future
Katniss: Not really It's not a life or death issue. It's been so
much fun to plan our term

If life is like a box of chocolates, how big is the box????

DanP740: Big.
Knight Fisher: Boxed size.
Shennifer: hmmm...I think it depends on how long you live. If that
makes any sense
Katniss: If life is a box of chocolates, are we the chocolates inside the box?

Are there any secret events you haven't released yet???

DanP740: Nothing secret, I just haven't written one up yet.
Knight Fisher: No comment.
Shennifer: not that I know of...
Katniss: We are unable to reveal that information at this time

If you lose this election, would you run again???

DanP740: If I have time, possibly.
Knight Fisher: I have no clue.
Shennifer: Yes, I believe I would
Katniss: I can't say at the moment. I'm not really sure
G'kar wrote:Not many fishies left in the sea Not many fishies, just Londo and me.
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness
Knight Fisher

Cash on hand: 308.75

Postby American Eagle » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:43 pm

I read all the interviews, but this part was the best. :lol:

Shadowpaw wrote:Whit: We knew that one day Connie would leave and go off to University

Kid: But I miss her so much

Whit: I know its tough but Connie has her own life and she needs to make these choices and steps in her life

Connie: Whit! Whit wake up! We have customers

Whit: Sorry I was just having a really good dream.

I'm looking forward to more issues of this paper!
"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice.” - Martin Luther King Jr.
Chief of Police
American Eagle

Cash on hand: 440.95
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Joy » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:36 am

Great! I'll try to get in my article next time. Sorry about that. :) I'll get it ready ahead of time.
I'm as fancy as Penguin!
Joy

*yawn* I like crackers.

Cash on hand: 63.52
Bank: 98.09

Postby The Scribbler » Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:24 pm

Your paper was admirable, but you need to ask the HARD HITTING questions. You landed an interview with the Paw and you didn't move in for the kill at the end? Kid, kid, kid....Listen up.

When conducting an interview, you first lull the subject into a false sense of security with compliments and by pretending to show interest.

Next, you begin to warm the water in the pot. You don't want your frog to notice the rising heat.

Finally, after the set up, you move in for the kill. You hit them with the bold question, the one thing they don't want to talk about....

THEN YOU TAKE THEM DOWN.

And believe you me, I can't think of anyone else I'd rather take down than that pretender to the crown, Shadowpaw! Back in the heyday of the town, my paper was devoted to exposing Shadowpaw's biggest secret. Sadly, we never found the evidence that we were looking for.

Keep up the good work kid. With a little practice, you might stand a chance at being a great journalist. Like me.
I'm the Scribbler and you're not.
The Scribbler

Cash on hand: 145.82

Return to The Newspapers