Post Post subject: TOE The Indian's Mantible Part 2
Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 8:25 pm 
I love the \:D/ smiley
Currently Procrastinating

Cash: 0.00
The Odyssey Enigma: The Indian's Mandible
By: Kateri Jane Plumfield
The North Country

It was snowing as we took off this morning. We all piled into the plane alright, took some sleep medicine and kateri glared at me. She is either concord or just being a fruitcake. I don't really think that she is mean or anything I guess I just like teasing. Maybe that is wrong. Anyway; I got some good shots of the ground through the window before I dozed off. We got to St. Paul ok, and then we got on another plane to get the other direction. What is with that? Anyway we will be in Portland shortly, we will stop by and say hi to my Aunt and Uncle, and then we are off to Canada! Actually they live on the boarder of Canada and Alaska but they live on The Canadian side.

I enjoy going on the airplanes and seeing the earth below me, I often wonder if Andrea's maladies were all in her head. But considering the emotional state she is in on the actual plane and in the airport it is reasonable that she would be taking some kind of medicine. She tends to get that way; her emotions are just that close to the surface I guess. A trip to my home village would do her good. We would fly into Juno and someone would take us up in a bush plane. Where we would stay for a week or two.

The good thing about using Gwen's plane and the bush planes, is that Baylie does not have to be in a crate in the bottom of the plane. She can lay up here with everyone else. While Andrea Slept I typed on my little notebook. Baylie lay dreaming of salmon and caribou. The fish she would eat and the deer, well she could at least search for them.

We got to Portland ok, and meet Andrea's family. We all went out to eat and talk. Andrea of curse was happy in her tired way, She promised her Aunt not to take anymore unless could sleep longer. After finishing our meals we were driven back to the airport.

Somehow Airports and plane rides, as interesting as they are, they are hard to write about. Because the experience of being there is rater tiresome to someone who does it often, and is difficult to explain to someone who has never been there.

Everything went as scheduled till we got to Juno; we had to stay in a hotel. Walking up to the counter we noticed that there was a soldier dressed in the usual camouflage and big black boots. He saw us as we approached. He smiled and noticed Andrea's necklace. It was a Russian Soldier's cross that usually hides between layers of shirts, but it was resting, and sparkling on top of her rust colored sweater. He had sandy blond hair and sparkling hazel eyes. He looked about nineteen, maybe older.

E: Hello, you have a soldier's cross, I have one too. He then pulled one out from under his coat. I wear it with my dog tags, they usually don't like me doing it but when they don't care I wear it. Are you Orthodox?

A: She smiled at him in her sweet and adoring way, though inside she felt nervous and like someone was tightening her thought. No, I am not yet. Soon though. You know, sir, you are doing a very good thing for our country. And for that I am thankful.

E: slightly giggling as his smile grew even bigger, I get that a lot. I am glad to serve my country, though I am not used to civvies calling me sir.

A: It is the least I can do Sir, I mean uh..

E: Evan, Captain Evan Lighter. He stretched out his hand to meet hers they shook and held it for a moment.

A: And I am Andrea. Andrea Sophia Meltsner, and this is my friend Kateri.

K: Hello Captain, I am proud of you guys and girls too. I smiled and almost laughed at them, but didn't because I was aware that Andrea would be wondering what I was thinking. They exchanged phone numbers and addresses. It seems as if Captain Evan’s Father was working in Anchorage and he too was laid over in Juno.

We walked back to our rooms and threw everything in a corner.

K: what was that all about?

A: what?

K: you know! Captain Evan! She gave me a weird look and laughed.

A: just making friends is that wrong?

K: no! I was just making sure that is all. Well we better call them and tell them that we should be there tomorrow. They won't worry but I still want to do it anyway.

A: sure, meanwhile I am going to brush my teeth and go to bed. See you in the morning.

K: Good Night.

That Next Mooring we woke up and meet our soldier friend downstairs for the continental breakfast. We all chatted as we waited for our rides. Then it was off to my home in the north, and over to Canada.

After landing and giving our passports over for review we were driven several miles the home of Jonathan and Sandra Plumfiled. My lovely parents. We were welcomed, gifts were exchanged, the travelers feed. Then we all sat down for a long talk; witch was sure to last long into the day.

We did not do much that day, but the next day was sure to be the start of a great adventure.

Please stay tuned for the next edition of the OE The Indian's Mandible.

I couldn't stay away

Nerdfighter for Life!

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:42 pm 
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin

Cash: 5,697.71
Bank: 1,958.31
Yay for a reference to Canada! \:D/ Thanks, Andrea! ;)

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 12:31 pm 
I love the \:D/ smiley
Currently Procrastinating

Catspaw wrote:

I love Canada! Almost as much as I love America! \:D/

I couldn't stay away

Nerdfighter for Life!

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:22 am 
I guess I'll stick around

Catspaw wrote:
ditto! :D

Offline Profile  

[ 4 posts ]