Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 [ 325 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next
 Post Post subject: Mafia Round 3
Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:18 pm 
I guess I'll stick around
Stetsons are cool

Cash: 599.80
Bank: 34.32

MAFIA VICTORY

The sun set on the town of Odysee. Unbeknownst to the quiet town, an evil plot was about to unfold....

This game of Mafia will have a few additional roles in it to mix things up a bit. It will include a pair of masons (townie who can communicate with each other at night.) and two hidden roles that are pro townie. Masons and Mafia will communicate with each other ONLY AT NIGHT via PM or other agreed upon method, provided that the moderator (me) is included in the communications. The mayor is selected in the event of a tie as a tie breaker role. A new mayor will be selected in each tie. Roles will go out tonight by PM. If you do not get a PM, you are a townie.

Do not discuss the game outside this thread, or via messages that the moderator can not see for roles that may communicate offthread. They are grounds for removal from the game.

ROLES
7x Townies
3x Mafia
2x Masons
1x Cop
1x Medic
1x Vengeful Townie
1x Insane Cop
1x Quack

Players
Mafia Kill, Lynch, Guardian Kill
Monty (Mafia)
Marvin D. (Sherriff)
IDANCE4JESUS (Townie)
Stop Wooton' Around (Townie)
Moontide(Mason)
Shadowdog Medic
AIOluver (Mason)
Whitty Whit (Townie)
Laura Ingalls (Mafia)
Sherlock (Insane Cop)
Officer David Harley (Townie)
Yanny (Townie)
Lieutenant Aeva (Townie)
Bookworm (Quack)
Termite (Townie)
Graces4you (Vengeful Townie)
Rad (Mafia)

There was a drizzel of rain in the cold night. Bookworm had woken up and couldn't go back to sleep. He crawled down stairs for a midnight snack. As he was worming his way through his book, he felt something wrong. The book was poisoned! The mafia had snuck into his house and replaced his books with exact replicas printed with poisonous ink. As he gasped and convulsed, the medic was taking his midnight stroll by the house and heard the commotion. He quickly revived Bookworm, saving his life.

It is now Daytime. Discuss. Vote. Do whatever.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject: Re: Mafia Round 3
Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:26 pm 
i haz xpirenancee!!1
Oh Anna Sun

Cash: 4.50
Bank: 10,100.00
Blog: View Blog (25)
Marvin woke up suddenly. He had no idea why or what had woken him up, but he decided to go have some breakfast and stay up. But on TV, he saw about the murder attempt on bookworm. There was only one conclusion: the Mafia or Bones had to be around town, so it was off to City Hall. He'd left RAF to avoid all this activity, but it still followed him. Hmm.

"All right, I don't think there's a need for any kind of formal speech. We were fortunate that the medic, whoever he or she is, picked the right person to save. But that doesn't stop the fact that the Bones are lurking in the town, and that we need to do something.

However, it's the first day, and it's always random. There's no way to know who it is. Normally it falls on Rad, because she always comes off as guilty, so I'm definitely keeping my eye on her. She might have something to do with all of these roles."

Marvin paused to look at everyone. "Anyone have anything to say?"

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:32 pm 
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Cash: 16.58
Bank: 1,653.48
ID4J laughed sarcastically.

"That's silly! Why would you assume that it's Rad's fault? 'Always comes off as quilty'. That's accusing someone without a motive!"

She looked around nervously. "This is too dangerous. We can't try to proof things without evidence."

She swallowed.

"One of us is...a murderer."

Offline Profile  

Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:37 pm 
i haz xpirenancee!!1
Oh Anna Sun

"Duh, I know that. But after having known Rad for all this time, she has a quirk for this. And besides, the first day is just a random guess. Unless someone breaks into tears and confesses, my guess is as good as yours," Marvin added and nodded.

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:40 pm 
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Cash: 16.58
Bank: 1,653.48
"A quirk for murder? That's not natural."

ID4J shook her head sadly. "I would hate to have to accuse anyone...at this point. It doesn't seem fair!"

Offline Profile  

Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:47 pm 
i haz xpirenancee!!1
Oh Anna Sun

"Not murder per se," Marvin sighed, "just looking guilty all the time. And drawing attention to herself. Like the whole leg and pants thing. . ." he trailed off for a second, not wanting to go further than that.

"And we just have to. Someone was nearly murdered, we have to stop it."

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:58 pm 
The Council must persist
How does one adult?

Cash: 397.14
Bank: 1,479.55
Grace was just about to leave her house when she saw everyone hurrying twords the center of the town. She rushed along with everyone else. She heard Marvin and IDance talking about the attempted murder, so she inched her way closer to them to hear what they were saying

"Aaron you wash your paper plates? We're not poor you know."
Visit Sundays Emporium for all your gift giving needs!!! \:D/

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:19 pm 
The Council isn't corrupt
I have vanished into the padded room.

Cash: 4.26
Bank: 0.01
Blog: View Blog (5)
I say, "The first guess is not always random, sometimes people will do things that make them look guilty. Or some times someone will claim a role. O Marvin D., if rad always seems guilty but often isn't, then likely you should change your methods.

"church, can the doc save him self?"

Offline Profile  

Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:32 pm 
Pretzel
Pretzel
Welcome to the masquerade

Cash: 117.46
Bank: 2,315.95
Aeva climbed out of her bed, prepared to enjoy a lazy Labor Day filled with fellowship, barbecue, and ice cream. As she skipped happily from her home, however, she noticed a crowd forming in the center of town. What are they all doing? she wondered. Her curiosity piqued, she joined the others and promptly learned that someone had attempted to take bookworm's life the previous night. "Who would do such a thing?" she queried. "We are all friends here. Rad and Marvin are our friends!" Stunned and horrified, she shrugged helplessly. "I won't accuse anyone yet, not without solid proof."

Let's go down together for one more chance. The skeletons are screaming for one last dance. --Hawthorne Heights
Tell 'em turn it up 'til they can't no more. Let's get this thing shakin' like a disco ball. This is your last warning, a courtesy call. --TFK
You have nice manners for a thief and a liar. --Smaug
I know you mean well, but leave me be. Yes, I'm alone, but I'm alone and free. --Elsa

Last edited by Aeva on Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:47 pm 
I guess I'll stick around
Stetsons are cool

Cash: 599.80
Bank: 34.32
(((Yes, medics can save themselves.)))

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:43 pm 
Whittier than you
Whittier than you
SnC. I miss you!

Cash: 781.26
Bank: 0.00
Whitty lunges for the door and sprints to the crowd of people.

"I think the medic is bookworm. I mean, it's the best strategy for a medic on the first night: save himself. That's what I would've done."

OOC: that's the first thing that popped into my mind, bookworm, based on how you played other games. :P

IC: "If bookworm was planned to be murdered, then the mafia know he was the best target, meaning it might be someone who has played with him before. I admit if I was the mafia, I would go for him first. He's the most logical choice to me. So, if I'm correct, he's probably the medic."

Whitty pauses and looks around...

IDJ wrote:
"One of us is...a murderer."

I may be reading too much into this statement, but it was only you and Josh when you said that. It implies that either you or Josh is the mafia. I'm not sure if you could know if Josh were bad, unless you 2 are mafia. Or since you know who you are, you could be mafia, IDJ.

I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.

#FOREVERKITTY

Last edited by Whitty Whit on Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile  

Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:04 pm 
The Council isn't corrupt
I have vanished into the padded room.

Cash: 4.26
Bank: 0.01
Blog: View Blog (5)
Whitty Whit wrote:
I may be reading too much into this statement, but it was only you and Josh when you said that. It implies that either you or Josh is the mafia. I'm not sure if you could know if Josh were bad, unless you 2 are mafia. Or since you know who you are, you could be mafia, IDJ.

I think you are, to me it just looks like a random role playing text.

Vote: Marvin D.
For trying to kill rad out of habit.

Offline Profile  

Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:27 pm 
Whittier than you
Whittier than you
SnC. I miss you!

Yeah, okay. :P

Hm.. I don't know if I want to vote for Josh yet because when I've played this game with other people with cards and such, I try to get back at people that kill me. :P But 3 rounds in a row? Ouch..

I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.

#FOREVERKITTY

Offline Profile  

Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:52 pm 
I'm finally not a No0b
I really should change my status more often

Cash: 291.92
OOC: I'm just going to use ODH instead of my full name, its easier, and when I write my full name at the end, it's just a signature out of habit.

IC: ODH walked out of his/her house and saw that there was a crowd around City hall
"Maybe there's a riot... I wonder what happened?" ODH asked him/herself and runs towards City hall. He/she hears something about attempted murder and thinks the world is going crazy... murder in this town, everyones so nice... I wonder who did it.

Officer David Harley

Offline Profile  

Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:24 am 
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance
was eaten by a dinosaur.

Cash: 287.96
Bank: 1,599.64
Blog: View Blog (4)
Termite wandered around the back of the crown aimlessly with her head down. It was so sudden... simple, quiet morning, then BAM! Learn one of your friends was almost killed. Ouch. She shook her head, only half listening to the discussion. There was nothing to decide anything on. No proof, just a random guess... Who would have done it? She glanced around, noting the small number of people. Maybe when more arrived...

"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
"Stop boring me and think. It's the new sexy." -Sherlock

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:28 pm 
Solicitor Non Grata
"Joey, have you ever been in a Turkish prison?"

Cash: 602.58
Bank: 152.25
Sherlock arrived at Bookworm's house a bit late, but had heard the whisperings and rumours of the other townsfolk on the way. When she arrived she saw that the scene was laid out exactly as described, the books still lying on the floor and the lamps and tables overturned as if in a struggle.

Bending down, Sherlock picked up a book from the floor and saw that it was Shakespeare's "The Comedy of Errors". It had fallen open to the final pages in which the dual identities of twin brothers Antipholus of Ephesus and Antipholus of Syracuse are revealed. Was this a clue? Sherlock paused and looked around the room. Everything was carefully laid out, almost in harmony, lamps turned over but not broken, books scattered but the pages still smooth and crisp. Although the story seemed plausible, something seemed wrong with the whole scene.

Perplexed, Sherlock decided her best course of action was to look around a bit more before she took the story of Bookworm's plight at its face value.

Offline Profile  

Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:58 pm 
Whittier than you
Whittier than you
SnC. I miss you!

Hm. To get things going, I shall also vote for Josh.

Vote: Josh
Reason: He was suspicious going for Rad for the 3rd time in a row.

Are you implying that you are a twin, Sherlock? O.o Subtly, albeit...

#FOREVERKITTY

Offline Profile  

Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:02 pm 
I post like Shadowpaw

Cash: 1,256.36
Monty walked in on the somber scene. "Moontide, Whitty, while it is suspicious and unreasonable to vote for the same person in multiple games, it is true that Rad is generally suspicious," he explained. "However, I'm a bit suspicious of Marvin right now because Rad is an easy bandwagon starting vote. It's illogical and Rad didn't do anything. Until he provides a defense, I'm going to Vote: Marv.
EDIT: Obviously WW is thinking the same thing. I'm a little more sure of my vote now.

*Insert shameless plug*

Go here to get really cheap real life stuff! Do it now! Now being sold is an AIO Live disc set.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:12 pm 
Solicitor Non Grata
"Joey, have you ever been in a Turkish prison?"

Cash: 602.58
Bank: 152.25
Sherlock stood up, set the Shakespeare book down on the table and turned to address whomever would listen.

"I think this whole thing is fishy", she began. "Too easy."

"If I were the mafia, I would start by eliminating one of my own from the beginning to divert suspicion. It would be so simple. If the Mafia gets us to believe that Bookworm is innocent right from the getgo, we'll play the rest of the game without voting for him (believing him to be an innocent townie), thus ensuring a free pass for him to continue his nefarious deeds. In this case, the attempt on Bookworm's life was also a safe gamble too you see, because the Mafia could almost certainly guarantee that either a) Bookworm would not be saved but there would still be plenty of Mafia at this early stage to continue playing or that b) In all likelihood, the gamble would pay off and, since everyone is participating at the beginning of the game, the Medic would most certainly step in to save Bookworm."

"In this case, I think Bookworm's Shakespeare book says it all. Bookworm has a dual identity - that of both the "innocent" victim and the ruthless Mafia. I'd stake my reputation on it."

Vote: Bookworm

Last edited by Sherlock on Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:19 pm 
Jehoshaphat Rocks!
Cedar Point's #1 fan

Cash: 32.42
Bank: 503.00
"Farfetched" exclaimed shadowdog.

His reaction to Sherlock's statement was shock.

Why would they poison the book?
Wouldn't bookworm know what was about to happen?

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 [ 325 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next