Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 [ 325 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
 Post Post subject: Re: Mafia Round 3
Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:26 pm 
I guess I'll stick around
Stetsons are cool

Cash: 599.80
Bank: 34.32
((( To clarify, all roles are on the first post. Hidden roles were posted as "Hidden".

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:00 am 
Jehoshaphat Rocks!
Cedar Point's #1 fan

Cash: 32.42
Bank: 503.00
I guess it's hopeless.

Right before the lynch, the townies found a note.

It read:

It has been a pleasure serving this town the best that I could.
I am saddened that the mafia will still be out there
killing innocent friends. It is my hope that you find
these two rascals and kill them once and for all.

With love,
Shadowdog

A tear rolled down shadowdog's cheek.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:43 pm 
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Cash: 784.18
Bank: 55,000.00
Aeva wrote:
Quote:
Godfather
This user, a Bones member, cannot be detected when searched by the sheriff.
Does that help any, bookworm? That is the way the Godfather is described in the rules.
“It doesn’t say what they appear as to the Insane Cop, so no it doesn’t really help. Unless the Sherriff and Insane Cop work the same way. But that isn’t specified.”

Bookworm glanced at the note, paused for a moment, but then shook his head.
“A clever ploy, but obviously just a last effort to free yourself from the snare you put yourself in. It was worth a try, but you’re found out. It’s over.”

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:48 pm 
Pretzel
Pretzel
Welcome to the masquerade

Cash: 117.46
Bank: 2,315.95
bookworm wrote:
Aeva wrote:
Quote:
Godfather
This user, a Bones member, cannot be detected when searched by the sheriff.
Does that help any, bookworm? That is the way the Godfather is described in the rules.
“It doesn’t say what they appear as to the Insane Cop, so no it doesn’t really help. Unless the Sherriff and Insane Cop work the same way. But that isn’t specified.”

"The Insane Cop does function like the regular cop, according to this article. The only difference is that the Insane Cop will find someone to be the opposite of what they are. So if the regular cop would find the Godfather to be innocent, then I thought that the Insane Cop would find the Godfather to be the opposite of innocent which would be guilty."

Let's go down together for one more chance. The skeletons are screaming for one last dance. --Hawthorne Heights
Tell 'em turn it up 'til they can't no more. Let's get this thing shakin' like a disco ball. This is your last warning, a courtesy call. --TFK
You have nice manners for a thief and a liar. --Smaug
I know you mean well, but leave me be. Yes, I'm alone, but I'm alone and free. --Elsa

Offline Profile  

Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:51 pm 
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

To me, ‘what they are’ means what their role truly is. So the way I interpret that would be the Cop sees them as Town because they’re hidden, and the Insane Cop sees them as Town because they see them as the opposite of what they are, a Mafia. :shrugs:

Edit:

Actually, that has to be how it is. Because the Insane Cop is never right, so they can’t see them as Mafia.
Good thinking though.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:09 pm 
Pretzel
Pretzel
Welcome to the masquerade

Cash: 117.46
Bank: 2,315.95
*shrugs* You're probably right. I just thought it would be worth a shot to throw my idea out there. \:D/

Let's go down together for one more chance. The skeletons are screaming for one last dance. --Hawthorne Heights
Tell 'em turn it up 'til they can't no more. Let's get this thing shakin' like a disco ball. This is your last warning, a courtesy call. --TFK
You have nice manners for a thief and a liar. --Smaug
I know you mean well, but leave me be. Yes, I'm alone, but I'm alone and free. --Elsa

Offline Profile  

Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:11 pm 
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Definitely, we need to consider all possibilities. :yes:

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:45 pm 
Stetsons are cool

The town had had enough of SHADOWDOG. They tied him up, but realized no one could bring themselves to actually kill him after the previous night. They decided to leave him on the railroad tracks that ran through the town and allow the train that went through every night just before nightfall do the deed. As they searched through his house, hoping to find evidence of him being mafia and who his acomplises were, they discovered a terrible thing. Shadowdog was indeed the MEDIC. They rushed back to the tracks where they left him, only in time to see the train passing over the very spot where they left him.

Didn't vote
Graces4you (1)
Officer David Harley (1)

It is now night. [Insert witty statement here]

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:14 pm 
Stetsons are cool

AEVA went back home to a Dr. Who marathon to take her mind off the terrible turn of things that transipired today. After her third episode, she looked at the lifesize replica of the tardis she had. She pressed her hand against it and closed her eyes, wondering what it would be like to be the doctor's assisstant, or even the doctor himself. She began to get dreamy and lightheaded. She smiled at the crazyness of being the doctor and twirled around, laughing as she stumbled to the ground. She realized she had been silly to be concerned with the mafia, and she was sleepy, very sleepy...

The TOWNIE was found the next day where she fell asleep and died. The tardis had been filled with compressed N2 which realeased when Aeva had touched it. The N2 had displaced the oxygen and had suffucated her.

It is now day after the shortest night in recorded mafia history. Choose your lynch wisely for you numbers dwindle.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:06 pm 
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance
was eaten by a dinosaur.

Cash: 296.24
Bank: 1,599.64
Blog: View Blog (4)
That's it. Aeva said to lynch bookworm if Shadowdog turned out to be the medic, and now she's dead... simple enough for me. Also, he did lie. It was the perfect cover to keep himself from being voted for... maybe he is the Godfather.

Vote: bookworm

"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
"Stop boring me and think. It's the new sexy." -Sherlock

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:10 pm 
The Council must persist
How does one adult?

Cash: 397.14
Bank: 1,479.55
I agree with Termite, bookworm is guilty. We should not have fallen for his act of being the medic. So I must

"Aaron you wash your paper plates? We're not poor you know."
Visit Sundays Emporium for all your gift giving needs!!! \:D/

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:10 am 
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Bookworm rushed to join the gathering.
No! This is impossible! There is no way shadowdog was a Medic. Someone made a mistake somewhere.”

I am really upset at our GM now. Obviously this game had 2 Medics, which was actually a possibility I thought of when shadowdog made his defense. But I dismissed it as impossible because you can’t have a Medic as one of the hidden roles. The Insane Cop was hidden because it is not equal to the regular Cop. But two Medics would be equal, so you can’t hide one - you have to list the roles as 2x Medics! :x

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:50 pm 
Half Pint
Half Pint
Happily married to Almanzo

Cash: 421.18
Bank: 80.45
Wow, I honestly did NOT expect shadowdog to be the medic! :shock: I think we all know what that means...

It has to be him.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:51 pm 
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Termite wrote:
Also, he did lie.
“When was this? If you mean about being the Medic, that was the absolute truth. As I thought I explained before, no one with any experience in these games, which certainly includes me, would claim a role they were not. There is no way I would claim the be the Medic if I wasn’t, because I of all people know that when the real Medic was revealed it would be instant death, as evidenced by everyone’s abrupt turn back to accusing me.

Listen to me, I am still a Medic. This changes nothing, it just reveals the last hidden role. There isn’t a Godfather after all, we’re just looking for two more regular Mafia.”

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:34 pm 
The Council isn't corrupt
I have vanished into the padded room.

Cash: 4.26
Bank: 0.01
Blog: View Blog (5)
I think that bookworm is a not sane doc. We had one sane cop and one not sane. There for it is not silly for there to be a not doc and a sane doc. There for we should not kill him yet.

By method of elimination, I think that Laura is mafia. Every other person has some proof that they are not mafia, (for example voting to mafia).

Vote: Laura

Offline Profile  

Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:57 pm 
Half Pint
Half Pint
Happily married to Almanzo

Cash: 421.18
Bank: 80.45
Moontide wrote:
I think that bookworm is a not sane doc. We had one sane cop and one not sane. There for it is not silly for there to be a not doc and a sane doc. There for we should not kill him yet.

However, if he was an insane doc, truly believing he was a regular medic, I would think he would be dead by now. :-k Since he himself claimed he would be saving his own life every night, there would be a very good chance that he would have killed himself one of these nights.

So I think it's all a big bluff, and he must be Mafia. I think Aeva had a good point about the Godfather role - he could very well be the kingpin of them all. :noway:

As for the proof thing again, the last day I said all I can really say. I've been attempting to help the Town this whole time, and the one time a Mafia was voted for (rad), it was really a toss-up situation with bookworm acting suspicious as well. And I think this situation now is proof that we should have voted for him long ago. If we had had enough votes to lynch him back then, I would now have "proof" that I voted for a Mafia.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:07 pm 
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

“I better not be an insane role. If that’s the case then I’m not safe after all. So it looks like either you kill me now and give the Mafia a hand, or spare me one more round, take a stab at getting one of the real Mafia, and then lose me tonight. Either way it looks like my time is up, so you have nothing to lose by letting me go one more round, and everything to gain by giving us a chance to get a Mafia out; something we must start doing.”

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:19 pm 
I'm finally not a No0b
I really should change my status more often

Cash: 291.92
Bank: 0.00
ODH looked at the facts and realized that there were only 7 people left, Its getting close to the end, we must catch the mafia before any more of us die. it must be bookworm!

Vote: Bookworm

Officer David Harley

Offline Profile  

Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:14 pm 
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance
was eaten by a dinosaur.

Cash: 296.24
Bank: 1,599.64
Blog: View Blog (4)
Sorry, bookworm... but right now, we don't have anything else to go on. It's either you or Laura in my book, and possibly both, but right now I'm leaning toward you.
Laura wrote:
However, if he was an insane doc, truly believing he was a regular medic, I would think he would be dead by now. :-k Since he himself claimed he would be saving his own life every night, there would be a very good chance that he would have killed himself one of these nights.

Or someone else would have died from being protected... seems the odds would be against someone not dying every round. :-k

"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
"Stop boring me and think. It's the new sexy." -Sherlock

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:07 pm 
I post like Shadowpaw

Cash: 1,256.36
Bank: 0.00
Sorry, everyone! This topic moved fast while I was gone.

I have to echo everyone's sentiments...though I am surprised that bookworm would falsely make a major role claim. Nonetheless,

VOTE: bookworm

*Insert shameless plug*

Go here to get really cheap real life stuff! Do it now! Now being sold is an AIO Live disc set.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 [ 325 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next