Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 [ 325 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
 Post Post subject: Re: Mafia Round 3
Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:27 pm 
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Cash: 784.18
Bank: 55,000.00
Officer David Harley wrote:
Its getting close to the end, we must catch the mafia before any more of us die.
“Exactly! So go after someone who actually might be, because I am not!
I’m telling you, you’re making another huge mistake! I have not lied to you once. You have to continue to trust me. If you don’t, you’ll be down another ally, leaving only six players. With two Mafia left and no Town power roles remaining (not counting the Vengeful Townie because they could guess wrong) those are terrible odds. You need to keep me alive, not only for my role, but for my help!
If I swore, I would swear I’m a Medic. I can’t say it any stronger than that because you can’t state the truth any way other than telling it.

I am greatly offended that you think I would be idiotic enough to claim a role I was not assigned.
That is a slap in the face to any praise you’ve given me for having skill at this game.”

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:37 pm 
I'm finally not a No0b
I really should change my status more often

Cash: 291.92
Bank: 0.00
"Either you are extremely smart or the opposite, if you were smart you'd say you are the medic knowing the mafia wouldn't believe you so they wouldn't kill you, if you're the opposite then you gave you're role away and turned all the townies on you by making us think you are the mafia trying to save your skin." ODH said.

Officer David Harley

Offline Profile  

Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:44 pm 
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Cash: 784.18
Bank: 55,000.00
The following text was typed up before the last night, but I didn’t get a chance to post it.
I’m going to post it now, even though the game climate has changed, because if you make the huge mistake of killing me you will need the notes I was able to make while alive.

“I’m trying to determine who the remaining Mafia are by tracing their moves.
Interestingly, I’m getting an image of someone who isn’t too experienced in this game, or at least doesn’t think it through too much.
They just haven’t been playing to the best of their potential. The way this game started out, they could have done a much better job getting an advantage.

Their first major blunder was killing off Whitty Whit. As I pointed out at the time, that moved suspicion away from me because I would not have done that since he was supporting me.
It might be that they killed him because he was supporting me, and they wanted the suspicion to remain on me; but that still wasn’t a good reason to kill him just then, because they should have wanted the confusion to continue as long as possible.

Then they kill Sherlock, who was the one keeping the confusion going. Very bad move on their part. Yes she was slowly coming around to trusting me, but she also could have changed her mind back at any time, stirring up confusion again, all to the Mafia’s advantage.
And not only does her death prevent her from doing that, but it also confirmed my role, as Moontide pointed out, so their entire ploy is now defunct.

And they also made one other mistake (and actually continue to make it) that tells me they are quite inexperienced, but I can’t reveal it at this time because it will inform them of what they should do next.
“Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.” ~ Napoleon Bonaparte

So they seem to be operating on round by round impulses, not thought out strategy.”

Edit:

“That point about Sherlock reminded me that the strongest evidence of my innocence seems to have been forgotten.
Remember, Sherlock was “99.99999% sure” that I was Mafia. That early in the game, the only way to be that sure was to be a Cop and investigate me. But remember, she was the Insane Cop. So investigating and finding me Mafia means I am Town! It’s painfully obvious.”

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:04 pm 
I guess I'll stick around
Stetsons are cool

Cash: 599.80
Bank: 34.32
Sorry, I wasn't expecting not to have good internet here. I won't be back home until Sunday night. I'm locking the thread then.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:35 pm 
I'm finally not a No0b
The rheumatologist said I was arthritis free so I'm still owed a pair of shoes.

Cash: 41.46
Bank: 23.00
Locking thread because you didn't lock it.

ToO mother of Merlin J. Marvin, iluvsns, ric, TKD, Alyssa, Garrett, ID4J and Monty and the other siblings that I've yet to find. ToO sister of Whitty Whit. Misspelling twins with church.

In the market for an RU Signature Banner

Blitz: You Americans are lost. As missionaries, we generally hate stereotypes.
Jelly: Was this meant to be ironic? ;)

Offline Profile  

Posted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:44 pm 
Stetsons are cool

What part of I will lock it when I get back home Sunday night didn't you get?

The angry crowd advanced on BOOKWORM. Bookworm repeated his plea over and over that he was the doctor. The townies decided to give him the chance to prove it. They threw him into the pit where the town kept the zombies. They told him if he was the doctor he would be able to cure them, and if he wasn't then he deserved to get lynched. Bookworm happily agreed, confident in his abilities. He took his bag and hopped into the pit. Bookworm took a syringe full of a special cocktail of drugs and injected the zombie. Unfortunately the QUACK injected the zombie with a mixture of epinephrine, atropine, and methampethamine turning the less-than-docile zombie into a super-charged, angry, rotting-corpse of death that proceeded to maul Bookworm.

It is now night. I'm out of clever things to say. Please provide your own and substitute it.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:20 pm 
Stetsons are cool

MOONTIDE woke up in the middle of the night, and couldn't get back to sleep. He knew it was a risk, but he decided to take his mind off things by having a pleasent stroll down the beach. The MASON heard a deafening boom in the water. He turned to face the noise just in time to get a soaked in the spray from the mafia's bomb. The bomb had done little but make his ears rings. He smiled at his luck and made his way back home. As he was walking he realized he was beginning to get numb. He looked at his hands and arms and noticed something stuck to his arm. He pulled it off and saw a small, whiteish octopus covered in blue rings, he tossed it back in the water and continued on, stumbling as he went. He fell over, realizing he lost control of his legs, and couldn't move his arms. He suddenly became aware that he couldn't breathe. He struggled to gasp, but he couldn't even open his mouth.

IT IS NOW DAY. VOTE OR DIE.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:04 pm 
I post like Shadowpaw

Cash: 1,256.36
Based on what bookworm said, the only "new" players are ODH and Graces4You. They both missed the last vote, though. I must admit, I am baffled by last night's killing. Moontide wasn't suspicious of anyone, at least not vocally.What is up with all these random kills?

I am very unnerved by the fact that we just killed bookworm. I know I voted for him, but these "hidden roles" have completely messed up the town's game. We need to recover, and find a Mafia today!

:duckie:

*Insert shameless plug*

Go here to get really cheap real life stuff! Do it now! Now being sold is an AIO Live disc set.

Last edited by Monty on Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:28 pm 
The Council must persist
How does one adult?

Cash: 397.14
Bank: 1,479.55
Monty wrote:
Based on what bookworm said, the only "new" players are ODH and Graces4You. They both missed the last vote, though. I must admit, I am baffled by last night's killing. Moontide wasn't suspicious of anyone, at least not vocally.What is up with all these random kills?

I am very unnerved by the fact that we just killed bookworm. I know I voted for him, but these "hidden roles" have completely messed up the town's game. We need to recover, and find a Mafia today!

I voted last time, I only didn't vote the time before the last because I forgot
Graces4you wrote:
I agree with Termite, bookworm is guilty. We should not have fallen for his act of being the medic. So I must Vote: bookworm

"Aaron you wash your paper plates? We're not poor you know."
Visit Sundays Emporium for all your gift giving needs!!! \:D/

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:28 am 
Half Pint
Half Pint
Happily married to Almanzo

Cash: 421.18
Bank: 80.45
Ahhh, I can't believe that bookworm wasn't Mafia! :mad: He was acting so suspicious... *sigh* And the second Mason gone too - guys, we have to get the right person this time, or our Town is a goner!
Which is hard, because no one is all that suspicious. :-k

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:33 am 
I'm finally not a No0b

I voted last time too, and on top of that we should work together and go back and read all the posts keeping in mind who's dead and try to figure out who they are as a team.

Officer David Harley

Offline Profile  

Posted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:56 am 
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance
was eaten by a dinosaur.

Cash: 296.24
Bank: 1,599.64
Blog: View Blog (4)
ODH and Grace have both hidden past others speaking first on the voting, and they're new. :-k

"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
"Stop boring me and think. It's the new sexy." -Sherlock

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:37 pm 
I'm finally not a No0b

I'm not new, I've been around for a few years. And I've been in at least one mafia game on here before.

Officer David Harley

Offline Profile  

Posted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:19 am 
I post like Shadowpaw

Graces4you wrote:
Monty wrote:

I voted last time, I only didn't vote the time before the last because I forgot
Graces4you wrote:
I agree with Termite, bookworm is guilty. We should not have fallen for his act of being the medic. So I must Vote: bookworm

I apologize. You are absolutely correct. I had been scrolling through the thread and had mixed up the two nights.

We still must vote. I know everyone hates to be the first one because it makes them a target if they're wrong, but I have nothing else to go on. I have no idea whatsoever who the Mafia could be. To avoid missing a vote, I'm going to take a shot in the dark and

VOTE: ODH

*Insert shameless plug*

Go here to get really cheap real life stuff! Do it now! Now being sold is an AIO Live disc set.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:42 am 
Half Pint
Half Pint
Happily married to Almanzo

Cash: 421.18
Bank: 80.45
I really don't have anything to go on either, so I might as well just go along with that. *crosses fingers*

Vote: ODH

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:05 pm 
I'm finally not a No0b

not having anything to go on isn't a good reason to vote against me! Well I'm going to...
vote: Church

Officer David Harley

Offline Profile  

Posted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:12 pm 
I post like Shadowpaw

I'm not sure how to take your previous post, ODH. You do realize that church is a nonplaying moderator, right?

*Insert shameless plug*

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:34 pm 
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance
was eaten by a dinosaur.

Cash: 296.24
Bank: 1,599.64
Blog: View Blog (4)
....you can't vote Church. He's the GM. :P

Vote: ODH

"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
"Stop boring me and think. It's the new sexy." -Sherlock

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:31 pm 
I'm finally not a No0b

oh... I don't pay attention to this thread... I mean, this is my favorite thread on the ToO... :-
Unvote: Church
What I meant to say was...
Vote: Graces4you

Officer David Harley

Offline Profile  

Posted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:59 pm 
Stetsons are cool

:dull:

WTK ODH?

I'm out of town again until Sunday, but this time I am not in a position to mod. Rad is going to be the mod until The beginning of Sunday, Central U.S. time. Mafia needs to include her on night communications if you can make it to night before I get back. I believe vengeful Townie is the only remaining special role other than mafia. VT, send Rad a PM telling her your role. I someone lies about that they will be removed from the game and I will see about suspending them from future games.

AND DON'T VOTE FOR RAD.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 [ 325 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next