Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 [ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post Post subject: Re: Mafia Round 4: Daytime
Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:52 pm 
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Cash: 285.91
Bank: 0.00
Whitty Whit wrote:
ric wrote:
Whitty Whit wrote:
ric wrote:
Why would we be working so hard to kill you during the day when I could just kill you at night? That would be a pretty dumb move for a mafia, not to mention it would make everyone suspicious of me. However, I am quite certain that you are a mafia. I do realize that there is a possibility you aren't, and if you turn out not to be, I know everyone will kill me instead of listen to reason. But I'm willing to take that risk.

Yes, I am trying to convince the masses, because I truly believe you have been acting suspicious, and that we should all vote for you. How have I been acting suspicious, other than trying my hardest to find out who the mafia are?

Because you've been trying too hard. You, KF, and Monty posted in a row and voted for me. That right there, is suspicious. How am I being suspicious? No more than you. Because you have probably already deduced that I'm a town, and therefore wouldn't want to waste a night killing me when you could kill someone else.
Wait, what? I'm mafia, and I've deduced that you're town (...if I'm mafia, I would already know that you were town, I wouldn't have to deduce it...), so I make myself suspicious by working hard to get you killed during the day, so I can use the night to kill someone else. That makes absolutely no sense.

At least I have reasons for my votes. Neither you nor Sherlock nor Graces4You have given logical reasons for voting for me, other than 'he's acting suspicious.'

Eh, true. Cut me some slack, k? I'm working on school. :P EVen I have a life.

Yeah sure.. But whatever. How many votes do you need to vote? I'm getting tired of this pointless banter.

If we were mafia we wouldn't agree.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:31 pm 
Isaiah 6

Cash: 147.87
Bank: 1,649.48
Whitty Whit wrote:
ric wrote:
Whitty Whit wrote:
ric wrote:
Why would we be working so hard to kill you during the day when I could just kill you at night? That would be a pretty dumb move for a mafia, not to mention it would make everyone suspicious of me. However, I am quite certain that you are a mafia. I do realize that there is a possibility you aren't, and if you turn out not to be, I know everyone will kill me instead of listen to reason. But I'm willing to take that risk.

Yes, I am trying to convince the masses, because I truly believe you have been acting suspicious, and that we should all vote for you. How have I been acting suspicious, other than trying my hardest to find out who the mafia are?

Because you've been trying too hard. You, KF, and Monty posted in a row and voted for me. That right there, is suspicious. How am I being suspicious? No more than you. Because you have probably already deduced that I'm a town, and therefore wouldn't want to waste a night killing me when you could kill someone else.
Wait, what? I'm mafia, and I've deduced that you're town (...if I'm mafia, I would already know that you were town, I wouldn't have to deduce it...), so I make myself suspicious by working hard to get you killed during the day, so I can use the night to kill someone else. That makes absolutely no sense.

At least I have reasons for my votes. Neither you nor Sherlock nor Graces4You have given logical reasons for voting for me, other than 'he's acting suspicious.'

Eh, true. Cut me some slack, k? I'm working on school. :P EVen I have a life.

Yeah sure.. But whatever. How many votes do you need to vote? I'm getting tired of this pointless banter.
It's not pointless. We're playing a game here.

You don't have to respond right away. ;)

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:51 pm 
Jehoshaphat Rocks!
Cedar Point's #1 fan

Cash: 32.42
Bank: 503.00
Shadowdog came back to crowd.
Our town's only medic had died.
Things seemed hopeless. They did have a chance however.

Shadowdog voted with the crowd and decided to

Vote: Whitty Whit

This is getting nerve wracking

:D

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:10 pm 
Whittier than you
Whittier than you
SnC. I miss you!

Cash: 781.26
shadowdog wrote:

Note that shadowdog is voting "with the crowd". If I had done such a thing, people would be tearing at me (oh wait, they already are) and trying to kill me. :-|

I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.

#FOREVERKITTY

Offline Profile  

Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:08 pm 
Isaiah 6

Whitty Whit wrote:
shadowdog wrote:

Note that shadowdog is voting "with the crowd". If I had done such a thing, people would be tearing at me (oh wait, they already are) and trying to kill me. :-|
What? no.... there's nothing wrong with voting with the crowd. Often, one realizes that if you vote against the crowd you're vote is basically wasted, so you vote with the crowd.

And Monty, KF, and I are hardly the crowd. ;)

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:11 pm 
Whittier than you
Whittier than you
SnC. I miss you!

ric wrote:
Whitty Whit wrote:
shadowdog wrote:

What? no.... there's nothing wrong with voting with the crowd. Often, one realizes that if you vote against the crowd you're vote is basically wasted, so you vote with the crowd.

No, often, whenever someone votes with the crowd (with no reason, such as shadowdog did), that person always seemingly is hounded.

I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.

#FOREVERKITTY

Offline Profile  

Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:16 pm 
Whittier than you
Whittier than you
SnC. I miss you!

And Aeva, my good mafia mod, when is this daytime going to end? Until we kill someone?

#FOREVERKITTY

Offline Profile  

Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:37 pm 
Isaiah 6

Whitty Whit wrote:
ric wrote:
Whitty Whit wrote:
shadowdog wrote:

No, often, whenever someone votes with the crowd (with no reason, such as shadowdog did), that person always seemingly is hounded.
Well, not by me. I only "hound" people for logical reasons.

I believe Aeva said it would end Dec. 7th.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:12 am 
The Council must persist
How does one adult?

Cash: 397.14
Bank: 1,479.55
Sorry for not reply sooner to your question ric, life is a little hectic right now with the new term starting.
I voted for you because you are acting suspicious. From the way your posts seemed, you looked suspicious, and you are and were making a really big deal over Whitty Whit being the mafia.

"Aaron you wash your paper plates? We're not poor you know."
Visit Sundays Emporium for all your gift giving needs!!! \:D/

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:53 am 
Isaiah 6

Graces4you wrote:
Sorry for not reply sooner to your question ric, life is a little hectic right now with the new term starting.
I voted for you because you are acting suspicious. From the way your posts seemed, you looked suspicious, and you are and were making a really big deal over Whitty Whit being the mafia.
Yes, but could you give further examples of how I was being suspicious, specifically? I'm not "making a big deal over Whitty Whit being the mafia." He has been acting suspicious and posted things that I do not believe a townie would ever post, so I started trying to get everyone to vote for him. That's what the game is about. And if I were a mafia, would I be trying that hard to get someone killed during the day? Think about it.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:05 am 
Whittier than you
Whittier than you
SnC. I miss you!

what? What? What things have I posted that you believe a townie would never post? What?

lol. Yay. It's December 7th, finally.

#FOREVERKITTY

Offline Profile  

Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:14 pm 
Isaiah 6

Whitty Whit wrote:
what? What? What things have I posted that you believe a townie would never post? What?

You voted for yourself, you repeatedly tried to shift the blame to me, and other things.

I know you think I'm mafia, but if I were mafia I would know you are a townie, and I wouldn't be trying to get you lynched because I would know the blame would shift to me. However, I am relatively certain that you are a mafia, certain enough to sacrifice myself if you end up being a townie. This is proof in itself that I am not mafia!

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:28 pm 
Whittier than you
Whittier than you
SnC. I miss you!

ric wrote:
Whitty Whit wrote:

You voted for yourself, you repeatedly tried to shift the blame to me, and other things.

I know you think I'm mafia, but if I were mafia I would know you are a townie, and I wouldn't be trying to get you lynched because I would know the blame would shift to me. However, I am relatively certain that you are a mafia, certain enough to sacrifice myself if you end up being a townie. This is proof in itself that I am not mafia!

Could you just stop harping on that "i'm mafia, and you're town"? :P It gets old. You are trying (seemingly) very hard to keep reiterating that (again, seemingly) known fact that you're town and I'm mafia.

#FOREVERKITTY

Offline Profile  

Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:09 pm 
Pretzel
Pretzel
Welcome to the masquerade

Cash: 117.46
Bank: 2,315.95
Whitty Whit, don't you pay attention? :x Ric is correct; this daytime period is ending right now.

Vote List
Graces4you --> ric (1)
Knight Fisher --> Whitty Whit (1)
Monty --> Whitty Whit (2)
ric --> Whitty Whit (3)
shadowdog --> Whitty Whit (4)
Sherlock --> ric (2)
Whitty Whit --> ric (3)

There was a long, heated discussion throughout the day as the townies argued about who they believed were the Mafia. When the votes were counted, however, Whitty Whit dejectedly discovered that his arguments had been made in vain. The townies tied him up and spent a few more hours deciding how to liquidate him. Having already utilized the old-fashioned firing squad, they decided to venture even further into history to find an ancient method of capital punishment. A plentiful supply of rocks was promptly collected, and the townies wasted no time in stoning WHITTY WHIT, a TOWNIE.

It is now night. Mafia, please send me your victim (no later than the evening of December 10th). Townies, pray.

Let's go down together for one more chance. The skeletons are screaming for one last dance. --Hawthorne Heights
Tell 'em turn it up 'til they can't no more. Let's get this thing shakin' like a disco ball. This is your last warning, a courtesy call. --TFK
You have nice manners for a thief and a liar. --Smaug
I know you mean well, but leave me be. Yes, I'm alone, but I'm alone and free. --Elsa

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject: Re: Mafia Round 4: Nighttime
Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:57 pm 
Pretzel
Pretzel

As twilight descended, the Mafia stole out of their respective homes and crept down the street toward Graces4you's house. They were on the verge of gaining control of the town of Odyssey, and their imminent triumph emboldened them. The Godfather rang Graces4you's doorbell and then darted behind the bushes lining the sidewalk. Grace opened the door and stepped onto the porch, at first confused and then annoyed. "Very funny," she snipped to the air and turned to go back inside. As soon as her back was turned, the Mafia leaped from their hiding place and converged upon her. They gagged her to muffle her screams and dragged her inside. She struggled valiantly but could not break free.

The Mafia propelled her to her living room and then pulled off their black ski masks. Grace's eyes widened, and she fell limp. The Godfather smiled devilishly and removed her gag. "It-it's you," she stammered, shocked at the revelation of the Mafia. "Mmhmm," the Godfather agreed amiably. "Too bad you and your friends weren't smart enough to catch us. You time is up now, but don't fret: the rest of the townies will soon be joining you." Grace numbly shook her head, unable to speak. The Godfather reached into his back pocket and removed a sealed container. He removed a sock from the container and approached Grace. "This is one of Whitty Whit's old socks," the Godfather explained. "Old socks stink horribly, don't you think?" Grace choked as the Godfather pressed the sock over her nose and mouth. "I suppose the smell isn't helped by the fact that we soaked this particular sock in chloroform," the Godfather added with a chuckle, and the other two Mafia snickered. Grace's vision faltered as the chloroform began to effect her. "You won't get away with this," she managed to gasp when the sock was pulled back slightly to allow her some final words. "Sorry," the Godfather shrugged, his eyes glinting as he again blocked Grace's airways with the sock, "but we already have."

They left GRACES4YOU, a TOWNIE, lying on her living room floor and hurried from her house. Then SHADOWDOG, KNIGHT FISHER, and MONTY the GODFATHER split up and raced to the houses of the remaining townies, each Mafia wielding a handgun.

And so the Mafia win Round 4! Congratulations, Mafia!

Let's go down together for one more chance. The skeletons are screaming for one last dance. --Hawthorne Heights
Tell 'em turn it up 'til they can't no more. Let's get this thing shakin' like a disco ball. This is your last warning, a courtesy call. --TFK
I know you mean well, but leave me be. Yes, I'm alone, but I'm alone and free. --Elsa

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject: Re: Mafia Round 4: Nighttime
Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:01 pm 
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Yes! Great job mafia. Aeva was Ric the Vengeful Townie?

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject: Re: Mafia Round 4: Finished (Mafia won)
Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:03 pm 
Pretzel
Pretzel

Nope, radgeek was the Vengeful Townie.

Offline Profile  

Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:04 pm 
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Oh, okay. 1-2 with my predictions then. :)

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:33 pm 
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Cash: 805.80
Bank: 55,000.00
ric wrote:
I actually take this game seriously. It's a good way to hone your deduction skills, and it could be fun if everyone actually cared.
Preaching to the choir.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:52 pm 
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

bookworm wrote:
ric wrote:
I actually take this game seriously. It's a good way to hone your deduction skills, and it could be fun if everyone actually cared.
Preaching to the choir.

The entire Mafia was taking it seriously. But we didn't exactly want the blame on us.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 [ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next