Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 [ 303 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16  Next
 Post Post subject: Re: Mafia Round 5 (Day)
Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:50 pm 
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Cash: 274.99
Bank: 0.00
Okay I agree Bookworm. Also I am not mafia. I don't think bookworm is either. But I do know that from what I have heard Rad would try to kill church right off. That's who I am voting for. said KF.

unvote:AE
Vote Rad

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:52 pm 
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Cash: 823.20
Bank: 55,000.00
Bookworm spoke up again.
“KF hit on something else that is really bothering me about last night.
As I said, church being targeted was a surprise to me. That gives support to the Medic claim, because a different Medic probably wouldn’t think to protect church, but the Medic protecting themself would have worked out. But there’s another side to this.
Just as unlikely as it seems a Medic choosing to protect church is, it’s just as unlikely the Mafia would choose to kill church first. No offense meant, but church isn’t someone I would consider a top threat at the moment. If I were Mafia I would have at least two or three other players I’d want taken out first.
This makes me wonder, why would someone like church have been targeted the very first night? It’s possible that was strategic by the Mafia, knowing that church is a lower threat and because of that targeting him believing the Medic would not be thinking to save him so soon. (Of course not thinking he was the Medic himself.) But it’s also possible there’s something more behind it.
I understand that rad has a bit of a history with church. Suppose she is Mafia. Would she have been careless enough to let a personal feud spill into the game, leading her to try to take church out early?”

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:05 pm 
Autumn is a Glorious Season
I am :mrgreen:

Cash: 2.12
Bank: 631.96
"Ok, so, from what I've gathered, most everyone believes church to be the medic, and most people are trying to blame Rad for attempting to kill church, but mosteveryone is confused as to why the Mafia would try to kill church right off the bat..." JC began. "So, with this circular thinking, all we're really doing is just tossing the blame like a hot potato... But I just have one question... How does bookworm know so much about what the Mafia is thinking? Is he just extremely observent, wildly guessing, or part of the Mafia himself? We have to assume here that everyone is guilty, and then try to prove that they are not guilty. This is my strategy, as of yet, and I'll be sticking to it." JC sat down, enjoying the confused looks on everyone's faces. "I'm not Mafia, but I have a new accusition..."

unvote: church

VOTE: bookworm.

A helpful graphic, for those who may be confused.
That is all.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:11 pm 
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Well JCGJ. Bookworm is practically a legend at mafia. In fact that is why he died first last time. So while he could be mafia. He's good enough for the town if he is a townie to take the risk of letting him live.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:30 pm 
Whittier than you
Whittier than you
SnC. I miss you!

Cash: 781.26
bookworm wrote:
Bookworm spoke up again.
“KF hit on something else that is really bothering me about last night.
As I said, church being targeted was a surprise to me. That gives support to the Medic claim, because a different Medic probably wouldn’t think to protect church, but the Medic protecting themself would have worked out. But there’s another side to this.
Just as unlikely as it seems a Medic choosing to protect church is, it’s just as unlikely the Mafia would choose to kill church first. No offense meant, but church isn’t someone I would consider a top threat at the moment. If I were Mafia I would have at least two or three other players I’d want taken out first.
This makes me wonder, why would someone like church have been targeted the very first night? It’s possible that was strategic by the Mafia, knowing that church is a lower threat and because of that targeting him believing the Medic would not be thinking to save him so soon. (Of course not thinking he was the Medic himself.) But it’s also possible there’s something more behind it.
I understand that rad has a bit of a history with church. Suppose she is Mafia. Would she have been careless enough to let a personal feud spill into the game, leading her to try to take church out early?”

Yeah, what you said, bookworm. But here's the thing rad would want to take church out because church probably knows how well rad plays and vice-versa. So if rad were mafia, she very well might have a reason to take church out (quite literally, apparently according to Gaius) If rad were mafia, church may be able to distinguish that fact based on rad's playing this round. But then again, I wouldn't know any of those suppositions, because I don't know rad or church that well.

I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.

#FOREVERKITTY

Offline Profile  

Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:24 pm 

Knight Fisher wrote:
Well JCGJ. Bookworm is practically a legend at mafia. In fact that is why he died first last time. So while he could be mafia. He's good enough for the town if he is a townie to take the risk of letting him live.

"So you're defending a potential Mafia, because you think he could be good for the town? It seems to me like a cover up."

unvote: bookworm

VOTE: KF.

((This is really quite fun. \:D/ :lol: :D I just can't decide who I want to lynch, so I'm just going to keep changing my vote until the day is over. I figure, randomness can work pretty well, especially since no one will be able to predict what you'll do next!))

That is all.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:35 pm 
Jehoshaphat Rocks!
#snubsrocks

Cash: 177.16
I agree with JJ. KF seemed really suspicious. So CD decided to Vote:Knight Fisher

I am Monty's and thefinalhour Awesome Brother.
If you want me to be in your online family send me a PM.

Join the Bible Bowl

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:38 pm 
Chief of Police

Cash: 411.51
Blog: View Blog (1)
I was suspicious of KF the moment he went after me so boldly. I'm don't have 100% confidence, but I guess he's our best option right now.

Vote: Knight Fisher

Offline Profile E-mail Facebook  

Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:51 pm 
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Uh, HELLO DID YOU READ ANYTHING I SAID! @AE You know I always do this in mafia. I'm out there every single game. Except the last one where I was conservative and mafia. 3 People are laughing their heads off right now. For pete's sake I'm a townie. Give me another 3 rounds and I will probably have figured out who at least one mafia is. Mafia do not stick their necks out.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:15 pm 
Totally Random
Totally Random
"Great. The only way I can get a man to stand next to me like this is to bribe him with meatloaf." - Connie Kendall

Cash: 18.39
Whitty Whit wrote:
Lee wrote:
OOC: Exactly where is the group? What's the setting?

Lee rushed toward the group, papers flying from her briefcase.
"I didn't miss anything, did I?" She read the thread carefully to make her decision. Everyone seems to be attacking one another here, and it's hard to tell who is who...

Still confused, Lee decided to go with her gut feeling.

Vote: Rad

Eh, for your own benefit, Lee, when you say that you're going with your gut feeling, someone might try to accuse you because you didn't really have a reason.

True. :yes: But after reading the thread, I honestly didn't have enough to go on to make me sure of who is Mafia, and so I did exactly what I said... went with my gut. I'm not trying to act suspicious, but I see how you could interpret it that way if you so chose.

\:D/

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:51 pm 

Knight Fisher wrote:
Uh, HELLO DID YOU READ ANYTHING I SAID! @AE You know I always do this in mafia. I'm out there every single game. Except the last one where I was conservative and mafia. 3 People are laughing their heads off right now. For pete's sake I'm a townie. Give me another 3 rounds and I will probably have figured out who at least one mafia is. Mafia do not stick their necks out.

"Unless of course they "stick their necks out" to try to draw attention to themselves, so people will think they are being "too obvious" to be Mafia. My vote stands." JC said strongly.

That is all.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:15 pm 
Pretzel
Pretzel
Welcome to the masquerade

Cash: 117.46
Bank: 2,315.95
Aeva nodded in agreement with JC. "I was just about to say that. Often sticking your neck out can be a good strategy for the Mafia, as long as it doesn't backfire." She paused and then continued, "However, I don't believe church's claim to be the medic. I think it is extremely premature to be making such a bold claim, and I am inclined to believe that church was simply lucky that the medic happened to choose to protect him. I have no idea who the medic is, but I don't think it is church." As to a vote, Aeva had no immediate suspicions about anyone, although she knew she had to make a choice. There was no evidence, and the accusations were flying thick and fast. After deliberating a moment longer, she decided.

Let's go down together for one more chance. The skeletons are screaming for one last dance. --Hawthorne Heights
Tell 'em turn it up 'til they can't no more. Let's get this thing shakin' like a disco ball. This is your last warning, a courtesy call. --TFK
You have nice manners for a thief and a liar. --Smaug
I know you mean well, but leave me be. Yes, I'm alone, but I'm alone and free. --Elsa

Offline Profile  

Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:23 pm 
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Then my blood will be on you and your descendants. And you will profusely apologize after you kill me.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:39 pm 
Country Girl
Country Girl
Passed her drivers test! Whoop!

Cash: 234.86
Bank: 4,909.61
JP reads through the thread again, trying to make sense of it all. (how long do I have to vote?)

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:10 pm 
Whittier than you
Whittier than you
SnC. I miss you!

Cash: 781.26
Knight Fisher wrote:
Then my blood will be on you and your descendants. And you will profusely apologize after you kill me.

Well, you have been acting very suspicious, and like ric was doing last round, he was saying that I was trying to hard promoting my innocence. There's a saying that none promote their innocence more loudly than the guilty. Or something like that.

Vote:Knight Fisher

I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.

#FOREVERKITTY

Offline Profile  

Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:12 pm 
The Council must persist
How does one adult?

Cash: 397.14
Bank: 1,479.55
Grace listened to all the different opinions. Right now her strongest suspicions were on Rad, AE, and KF. She speculated for a few moments on the matter and decided she needed to think more. She softly spoke up, "There's no point in role claiming when you can't trust anyone. Any one of us could be the mafia. My validations for my suspicions are that Rad and church/donut always try to get each other out right away in mafia games, AE, you role claimed without valid reason, and KF, you just are trying to pin the blame on someone else, you don't seem to be making valid points, you're also doing what everyone always does says I'm not a townie so don't suspect Me! That isn't convincing enough for most people, (I know this from previous games) You'll have to give a better reason to make me take you off my list. "

(this post was made completely in character, my actual personality isn't really like this)

"Aaron you wash your paper plates? We're not poor you know."
Visit Sundays Emporium for all your gift giving needs!!! \:D/

Last edited by Graces4you on Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:51 pm 
Chief of Police

Graces4you wrote:
AE, you role claimed without valid reason

I already explained this. :anxious: I'm not the Medic. I was with the medic and have a double identity as Tom Riley. ;)

Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:06 pm 
The Council must persist
How does one adult?

Cash: 397.14
Bank: 1,479.55
American Eagle wrote:
Graces4you wrote:

I already explained this. :anxious: I'm not the Medic. I was with the medic and have a double identity as Tom Riley. ;)

Ah, I didn't see that part. What's with the Tom Riley part though?

"Aaron you wash your paper plates? We're not poor you know."
Visit Sundays Emporium for all your gift giving needs!!! \:D/

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:07 pm 
Chief of Police

Graces4you wrote:
American Eagle wrote:
Graces4you wrote:

Ah, I didn't see that part. What's with the Tom Riley part though?

I was trying to get in on the "role-playing" of this game, and that was the first thing that came to mind. My lack of role-playing experience is evidenced by the ruckus and accusations I caused. ;)

Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:19 pm 

Aeva wrote:
Aeva nodded in agreement with JC. "I was just about to say that. Often sticking your neck out can be a good strategy for the Mafia, as long as it doesn't backfire." She paused and then continued, "However, I don't believe church's claim to be the medic. I think it is extremely premature to be making such a bold claim, and I am inclined to believe that church was simply lucky that the medic happened to choose to protect him. I have no idea who the medic is, but I don't think it is church." As to a vote, Aeva had no immediate suspicions about anyone, although she knew she had to make a choice. There was no evidence, and the accusations were flying thick and fast. After deliberating a moment longer, she decided.

"Now wait just a minute..." JC stood up again, a little more hesitantly (sp). "This just made me realize something. Why would church make such a bold claim so early in the game? He would do so to make people believe that he is not Mafia. But, why would he make such a bold claim, unless he knew he wouldn't be killed by the Mafia? So, I am making a very risky statement here, one that could get me killed, but I say church is Mafia... Just think about it, if you were Mafia, wouldn't you want to take suspition (sp) away from yourself? And what better way to do that, than to kill yourself, and then claim to be the medic that saved your life? And so, I go with my origanal choice, and I vote church."

unvote: KF

VOTE: church

That is all.

Last edited by ~JCGJ~ on Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 [ 303 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16  Next