Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 [ 252 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
 Post Post subject: Mafia Round 6 (Day 3)
Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:34 am 
I post like Shadowpaw

Cash: 1,256.36
Bank: 0.00
It is currently night in the fine town of Odyssey. If you have a role, you have 60 hours to use it. Good luck...

Players-Lynched Killed by Mafia Removed
Woody-Rigged Elector
Jesus' Princess
Joy
Pip
Aeva-The Vengeful Townie
Bookworm
Katniss
Buzz-Empath
Jehoshaphat
JCGJ
Conquestor
American Eagle
Moontide-A Medic
Peeta- A Sheriff
AIOluver
Lee
Parker Family-Insane Sheriff
Whitty Whit
Radgeek

Ratio of Mafia to Town left: 6:7

*Insert shameless plug*

Go here to get really cheap real life stuff! Do it now! Now being sold is an AIO Live disc set.

Last edited by Monty on Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject: Re: Mafia Round 6 (Night)
Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:01 pm 
I post like Shadowpaw

It was an ordinary peaceful day in the town of Odyssey. Everyone had already gone home from their respective jobs, and darkness had set in. The townperson, studious by nature, had gone to the library to pick up some materials after work. As he strolled home, books in tow, he failed to see the trip wire placed down the path by some evildoers. He came closer to the wire, closer, closer, when he...was suddenly saved by the Medic. The Townie went back home, rattled, as the Mafia crept back into the darkness.

You have 72 hours to come to a decision.

*Insert shameless plug*

Go here to get really cheap real life stuff! Do it now! Now being sold is an AIO Live disc set.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject: Re: Mafia Round 6 (Night)
Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:16 pm 
The Council isn't corrupt
I have vanished into the padded room.

Cash: 4.26
Bank: 0.01
Blog: View Blog (5)
Thank you for doing a medic save correctly.

Edit:
To help this game start I am going to vote for Joy because she hasn't played any mafia games yet so she will harm us least if she turns out to be town.
Vote: Joy

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject: Re: Mafia Round 6 (Day 1)
Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:07 am 
i haz xpirenancee!!1
Oh Anna Sun

Cash: 4.50
Bank: 10,100.00
Blog: View Blog (25)
"Way for giving a person a chance to have some experience, Moontide. If you kill her now, then can't you use the same excuse next game? Your quickness in voting for her also is somewhat suspicious," Marvin said, casting Moontide a sideways glance. "I can assume the Medic is somewhat experienced, and that at least one person on the Mafia is not as much, since most people go after bookworm. Still, that's not much to go on." He paused. "I won't vote yet, though."

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:17 am 
Whittier than you
Whittier than you
SnC. I miss you!

Cash: 781.26
Peeta wrote:
"Way for giving a person a chance to have some experience, Moontide. If you kill her now, then can't you use the same excuse next game? Your quickness in voting for her also is somewhat suspicious," Marvin said, casting Moontide a sideways glance. "I can assume the Medic is somewhat experienced, and that at least one person on the Mafia is not as much, since most people go after bookworm. Still, that's not much to go on." He paused. "I won't vote yet, though."

Why would you say that one person on the mafia is not such as experienced? Wouldn't that fit Moontide's thinking about Joy?

I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.

#FOREVERKITTY

Offline Profile  

Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:30 am 
i haz xpirenancee!!1
Oh Anna Sun

Quackie wrote:
Peeta wrote:

Why would you say that one person on the mafia is not such as experienced? Wouldn't that fit Moontide's thinking about Joy?

Marvin shook his head. I doubt it, because she's completely new, so she wouldn't even know that bookworm's a more experienced user. She knows nothing yet."

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:46 am 
The Council isn't corrupt
I have vanished into the padded room.

Cash: 4.26
Bank: 0.01
Blog: View Blog (5)
I was mostly just doing random voting to help the conversation start going. I am not the mafia. The first person to talk is often accused of being mafia, and lack of conversation is good for the mafia. So why should I start the conversation if I was mafia? Also being fast to accuse is not a mafia trait, it is an active player trait.

I am not saying the joy is more likely to be mafia. I am saying that she is the least risky one to kill.

Offline Profile  

Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:07 am 
i haz xpirenancee!!1
Oh Anna Sun

"You know, by saying, 'I am not the mafia', that really doesn't mean anything. Anyone could be mafia. And by using the argument, 'least risky', you could still do the same next round, because Camilla wouldn't have had a chance to play. The game is supposed to be fun, and killing someone who hasn't even played one game first thing takes that away."

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:38 am 
Whittier than you
Whittier than you
SnC. I miss you!

@Marvin She could have read previous games. She probably kept up with round 5. Jeremy shrugs. But I don't know. Why don't we let her defend herself? Oh, and good job on the medics part.

Let's analyze that, shall we? Would anybody like to guess who the mafia tried to kill? I would like to point out that Peeta mentioned bookworm by name, even though he was never mentioned. I'm not saying the Peeta is mafia. I'm just saying that you, Marvin, should choose words a little more carefully. ;)

I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.

#FOREVERKITTY

Offline Profile  

Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:39 am 
The Council must persist
Stars are only visible in darkness

Cash: 435.06
It is least risky but it is a gamble to do this. It would be wise to wait or vote some else. People with no experience should be left for awhile so they slip on their own.

Sammy's Bro and moderator between Sammy and Woody and her partner in randomnes
Woody's younger brother and best friend And married to Joy and forgot about it Dolls third cousin
Yes, since my sweetheart lives in the clouds
I must float on them. - Limerick

Blitz....do not flirt when you have a gf already!!!! Gahhhhhh..these tweens need to learn proper gentlemanly behaviour!!!
Blitz: I am a teen
* Black_Ghost buries the two peeps...err chicks...err dude and a chick
'Here lies blitz the dude, and IT the chick.
* IrishTiger is not being buried beside Blitz.
Doll knows everything about her sweet baboo
BECAUSE SHE STALKS HIM
Woody

Check out my blog by order of the king.
http://blitzkrieglight.blogspot.com/

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:46 am 
i haz xpirenancee!!1
Oh Anna Sun

Quackie wrote:
@Marvin She could have read previous games. She probably kept up with round 5. Jeremy shrugs. But I don't know. Why don't we let her defend herself? Oh, and good job on the medics part.

Let's analyze that, shall we? Would anybody like to guess who the mafia tried to kill? I would like to point out that Peeta mentioned bookworm by name, even though he was never mentioned. I'm not saying the Peeta is mafia. I'm just saying that you, Marvin, should choose words a little more carefully. ;)

So all game long we should refer to him as, "the townie who was studious by nature" or something like that? I beg to differ. I can assume it's bookworm. .which it 99% is.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:54 am 
Whittier than you
Whittier than you
SnC. I miss you!

Peeta wrote:
Quackie wrote:

So all game long we should refer to him as, "the townie who was studious by nature" or something like that? I beg to differ. I can assume it's bookworm. .which it 99% is.

Oh I see. There are no other studious people but bookworm. That's basically what you are telling me. But I would agree with you. It's just that it's very foolish to make assumptions.

#FOREVERKITTY

Offline Profile  

Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:01 pm 
Totally Random
Totally Random
"Great. The only way I can get a man to stand next to me like this is to bribe him with meatloaf." - Connie Kendall

Cash: 18.39
OOC: (do I have to do that? )Wait- You don't tell us who almost got killed? And if it was bookworm, I'm assuming he's the Medic. It would make sense for him to save himself. :yes:

Lee rushed into the room and laid her briefcase on the table. "Good. I thought a whole day might go by before I could get online!" She carefully considered the evidence that had been presented so far, which was not much. I see no reason to vote for Joy. I think we should give her a chance. Lee glanced at the other players, trying to make a decision. "I'm just going to vote randomly this time, since we really have nothing to go on yet. I may change my mind if I see reason to."

Vote: JCGJ [courtesy of random.org]

\:D/

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:08 pm 
i haz xpirenancee!!1
Oh Anna Sun

"Random.org? You stooped down to that level Lee?" Marvin blinked. "So sad, so sad indeed \:D/"

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:10 pm 
Whittier than you
Whittier than you
SnC. I miss you!

Lee wrote:
OOC: (do I have to do that? )Wait- You don't tell us who almost got killed? And if it was bookworm, I'm assuming he's the Medic. It would make sense for him to save himself. :yes:

Lee rushed into the room and laid her briefcase on the table. "Good. I thought a whole day might go by before I could get online!" She carefully considered the evidence that had been presented so far, which was not much. I see no reason to vote for Joy. I think we should give her a chance. Lee glanced at the other players, trying to make a decision. "I'm just going to vote randomly this time, since we really have nothing to go on yet. I may change my mind if I see reason to."

Vote: JCGJ [courtesy of random.org]

Correct, we should not be told was almost got killed.

Voting randomly?

lolol.

#FOREVERKITTY

Offline Profile  

Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:12 pm 
Totally Random
Totally Random
"Great. The only way I can get a man to stand next to me like this is to bribe him with meatloaf." - Connie Kendall

Cash: 18.39
Well Mr. Quackers, what would you suggest? :noway: Show me some evidence I can go on to make my choice. Would you rather me vote for you?

\:D/

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:25 pm 
I'll catch up to Bren!
The man that stops the monsters

Cash: 2,134.66
Bank: 3.96
I agree with Lee. We have absolutely no reason to suspect others of being Mafia. it does seem like bookworm might be the one who was nearly killed. Personally, I think it would be best to wait until a few more people show up, then vote for the most suspicious.

Photobucket was evil and made third-party display a premium feature. Then they increased the size and obnoxiousness of the placeholder advertisement encouraging me to upgrade. Thus, this text signature.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:29 pm 
Whittier than you
Whittier than you
SnC. I miss you!

Not Mr. Quackers.

I guess my point is that voting randomly doesn't do much good. It only hurts the town more than it will the mafia. So if ANYTHING, you would be prime suspect #1 because you're voting randomly. But I'm not sure you mean to hurt the town. But know that hurting the town will be a dismal side-effect from your disastrous "voting recklessly" standpoint.

Edit: I realize that by being online lots of the time and by posting a lot in this thread, this gives others the excuse "well whitty whit was online like the wholllleelle timeime! hess ust be mafais." :-| Just. no.

#FOREVERKITTY

Offline Profile  

Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:42 pm 
I post like Shadowpaw

Allow me to clarify something: the characteristics I give to anyone who is possibly saved by the Medic do not necessarily reflect his/her characteristics, whether in real life or on this site.

You have roughly 55 hours remaining.

*Insert shameless plug*

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:16 pm 
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Cash: 925.10
Bank: 55,000.00
After listening to the discussion intently, bookworm interjected.
“Monty said what I was just about to. The ‘studious’ bit in the story was part of the setting, it wasn’t necessarily a reflection on who that particular player was.
That said, I won’t deny it’s quite possible it was me. That has been the trend in most past games. It may be too soon to put a lot of stock in that theory, but it’s worth keeping in mind. As well as the unintentional slip (or I believe it was unintentional) of revealing the gender. We don’t know who was saved (well done Monty) but we do know it was a “he” from the description.
Moontide and Marvin are both correct in their own way.
Marvin says one or more Mafia may be inexperienced because they went for me, not realizing I would be a likely first save. This is very logical.
But Moontide is also correct in saying that since the first vote is blind we should do what we can to hedge our bets. There’s a chance we may be eliminating an ally, in which case we want to ensure it’s not a vital one. Logic would agree that selecting an inexperienced player would be the best way to do this. No offense meant to Joy, of course.”

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 [ 252 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next