Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 [ 252 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
Author Message
 Post Post subject: Mafia Round 6 (Day 3)
Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:34 am 
I post like Shadowpaw
User avatar


Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:00 pm

Posts: 2780

Cash: 1,256.36
Bank: 0.00
It is currently night in the fine town of Odyssey. If you have a role, you have 60 hours to use it. Good luck...

Players-Lynched Killed by Mafia Removed
Woody-Rigged Elector
Jesus' Princess
Joy
Pip
Aeva-The Vengeful Townie
Bookworm
Katniss
Buzz-Empath
Jehoshaphat
JCGJ
Conquestor
American Eagle
Moontide-A Medic
Peeta- A Sheriff
AIOluver
Lee
Parker Family-Insane Sheriff
Whitty Whit
Radgeek


Ratio of Mafia to Town left: 6:7

_________________
Image

*Insert shameless plug*

Go here to get really cheap real life stuff! Do it now! Now being sold is an AIO Live disc set.


Last edited by Monty on Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
  Offline Profile E-mail  
      
 Post Post subject: Re: Mafia Round 6 (Night)
Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:01 pm 
I post like Shadowpaw
User avatar


Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:00 pm

Posts: 2780

Cash: 1,256.36
Bank: 0.00
It was an ordinary peaceful day in the town of Odyssey. Everyone had already gone home from their respective jobs, and darkness had set in. The townperson, studious by nature, had gone to the library to pick up some materials after work. As he strolled home, books in tow, he failed to see the trip wire placed down the path by some evildoers. He came closer to the wire, closer, closer, when he...was suddenly saved by the Medic. The Townie went back home, rattled, as the Mafia crept back into the darkness.

You have 72 hours to come to a decision.

_________________
Image

*Insert shameless plug*

Go here to get really cheap real life stuff! Do it now! Now being sold is an AIO Live disc set.


Top
  Offline Profile E-mail  
      
 Post Post subject: Re: Mafia Round 6 (Night)
Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:16 pm 
The Council isn't corrupt
User avatar
I have vanished into the padded room.

Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:44 pm

Posts: 3679
Gender: Male

Cash: 4.26
Bank: 0.01
Blog: View Blog (5)
Thank you for doing a medic save correctly.

Edit:
To help this game start I am going to vote for Joy because she hasn't played any mafia games yet so she will harm us least if she turns out to be town.
Vote: Joy


Top
  Offline Profile  
      
 Post Post subject: Re: Mafia Round 6 (Day 1)
Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:07 am 
i haz xpirenancee!!1
User avatar
Oh Anna Sun

Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:24 am

Posts: 19314
Age: 21
Gender: Female

Cash: 4.50
Bank: 10,100.00
Blog: View Blog (25)
"Way for giving a person a chance to have some experience, Moontide. If you kill her now, then can't you use the same excuse next game? Your quickness in voting for her also is somewhat suspicious," Marvin said, casting Moontide a sideways glance. "I can assume the Medic is somewhat experienced, and that at least one person on the Mafia is not as much, since most people go after bookworm. Still, that's not much to go on." He paused. "I won't vote yet, though."

_________________
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer


Top
  Offline Profile E-mail  
      
 Post Post subject: Re: Mafia Round 6 (Day 1)
Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:17 am 
Whittier than you
Whittier than you
User avatar
SnC. I miss you!

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:21 pm

Posts: 5963
Age: 3

Cash: 781.26
Bank: 0.00
Peeta wrote:
"Way for giving a person a chance to have some experience, Moontide. If you kill her now, then can't you use the same excuse next game? Your quickness in voting for her also is somewhat suspicious," Marvin said, casting Moontide a sideways glance. "I can assume the Medic is somewhat experienced, and that at least one person on the Mafia is not as much, since most people go after bookworm. Still, that's not much to go on." He paused. "I won't vote yet, though."


Why would you say that one person on the mafia is not such as experienced? Wouldn't that fit Moontide's thinking about Joy?

_________________
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Image
Jehoshaphat wrote:
I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.

#FOREVERKITTY


Top
  Offline Profile  
      
 Post Post subject: Re: Mafia Round 6 (Day 1)
Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:30 am 
i haz xpirenancee!!1
User avatar
Oh Anna Sun

Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:24 am

Posts: 19314
Age: 21
Gender: Female

Cash: 4.50
Bank: 10,100.00
Blog: View Blog (25)
Quackie wrote:
Peeta wrote:
"Way for giving a person a chance to have some experience, Moontide. If you kill her now, then can't you use the same excuse next game? Your quickness in voting for her also is somewhat suspicious," Marvin said, casting Moontide a sideways glance. "I can assume the Medic is somewhat experienced, and that at least one person on the Mafia is not as much, since most people go after bookworm. Still, that's not much to go on." He paused. "I won't vote yet, though."


Why would you say that one person on the mafia is not such as experienced? Wouldn't that fit Moontide's thinking about Joy?

Marvin shook his head. I doubt it, because she's completely new, so she wouldn't even know that bookworm's a more experienced user. She knows nothing yet."

_________________
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer


Top
  Offline Profile E-mail  
      
 Post Post subject: Re: Mafia Round 6 (Day 1)
Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:46 am 
The Council isn't corrupt
User avatar
I have vanished into the padded room.

Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:44 pm

Posts: 3679
Gender: Male

Cash: 4.26
Bank: 0.01
Blog: View Blog (5)
I was mostly just doing random voting to help the conversation start going. I am not the mafia. The first person to talk is often accused of being mafia, and lack of conversation is good for the mafia. So why should I start the conversation if I was mafia? Also being fast to accuse is not a mafia trait, it is an active player trait.

I am not saying the joy is more likely to be mafia. I am saying that she is the least risky one to kill.


Top
  Offline Profile  
      
 Post Post subject: Re: Mafia Round 6 (Day 1)
Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:07 am 
i haz xpirenancee!!1
User avatar
Oh Anna Sun

Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:24 am

Posts: 19314
Age: 21
Gender: Female

Cash: 4.50
Bank: 10,100.00
Blog: View Blog (25)
"You know, by saying, 'I am not the mafia', that really doesn't mean anything. Anyone could be mafia. And by using the argument, 'least risky', you could still do the same next round, because Camilla wouldn't have had a chance to play. The game is supposed to be fun, and killing someone who hasn't even played one game first thing takes that away."

_________________
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer


Top
  Offline Profile E-mail  
      
 Post Post subject: Re: Mafia Round 6 (Day 1)
Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:38 am 
Whittier than you
Whittier than you
User avatar
SnC. I miss you!

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:21 pm

Posts: 5963
Age: 3

Cash: 781.26
Bank: 0.00
@Marvin She could have read previous games. She probably kept up with round 5. Jeremy shrugs. But I don't know. Why don't we let her defend herself? Oh, and good job on the medics part.

Let's analyze that, shall we? Would anybody like to guess who the mafia tried to kill? I would like to point out that Peeta mentioned bookworm by name, even though he was never mentioned. I'm not saying the Peeta is mafia. I'm just saying that you, Marvin, should choose words a little more carefully. ;)

_________________
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Image
Jehoshaphat wrote:
I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.

#FOREVERKITTY


Top
  Offline Profile  
      
 Post Post subject: Re: Mafia Round 6 (Day 1)
Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:39 am 
The Council must persist
User avatar
Stars are only visible in darkness

Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:46 am

Posts: 1958
Age: 19

Cash: 435.06
Bank: 0.00
It is least risky but it is a gamble to do this. It would be wise to wait or vote some else. People with no experience should be left for awhile so they slip on their own.

_________________
Image
Online family
Christian's nephew
Sammy's Bro and moderator between Sammy and Woody and her partner in randomnes
Woody's younger brother and best friend And married to Joy and forgot about it Dolls third cousin
Yes, since my sweetheart lives in the clouds
I must float on them. - Limerick

Blitz....do not flirt when you have a gf already!!!! Gahhhhhh..these tweens need to learn proper gentlemanly behaviour!!!
Blitz: I am a teen
* Black_Ghost buries the two peeps...err chicks...err dude and a chick
'Here lies blitz the dude, and IT the chick.
* IrishTiger is not being buried beside Blitz.
Doll knows everything about her sweet baboo
BECAUSE SHE STALKS HIM
Woody

Check out my blog by order of the king.
http://blitzkrieglight.blogspot.com/


Top
  Offline Profile E-mail  
      
 Post Post subject: Re: Mafia Round 6 (Day 1)
Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:46 am 
i haz xpirenancee!!1
User avatar
Oh Anna Sun

Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:24 am

Posts: 19314
Age: 21
Gender: Female

Cash: 4.50
Bank: 10,100.00
Blog: View Blog (25)
Quackie wrote:
@Marvin She could have read previous games. She probably kept up with round 5. Jeremy shrugs. But I don't know. Why don't we let her defend herself? Oh, and good job on the medics part.

Let's analyze that, shall we? Would anybody like to guess who the mafia tried to kill? I would like to point out that Peeta mentioned bookworm by name, even though he was never mentioned. I'm not saying the Peeta is mafia. I'm just saying that you, Marvin, should choose words a little more carefully. ;)

So all game long we should refer to him as, "the townie who was studious by nature" or something like that? I beg to differ. I can assume it's bookworm. .which it 99% is.

_________________
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer


Top
  Offline Profile E-mail  
      
 Post Post subject: Re: Mafia Round 6 (Day 1)
Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:54 am 
Whittier than you
Whittier than you
User avatar
SnC. I miss you!

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:21 pm

Posts: 5963
Age: 3

Cash: 781.26
Bank: 0.00
Peeta wrote:
Quackie wrote:
@Marvin She could have read previous games. She probably kept up with round 5. Jeremy shrugs. But I don't know. Why don't we let her defend herself? Oh, and good job on the medics part.

Let's analyze that, shall we? Would anybody like to guess who the mafia tried to kill? I would like to point out that Peeta mentioned bookworm by name, even though he was never mentioned. I'm not saying the Peeta is mafia. I'm just saying that you, Marvin, should choose words a little more carefully. ;)

So all game long we should refer to him as, "the townie who was studious by nature" or something like that? I beg to differ. I can assume it's bookworm. .which it 99% is.


Oh I see. There are no other studious people but bookworm. That's basically what you are telling me. But I would agree with you. It's just that it's very foolish to make assumptions.

_________________
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Image
Jehoshaphat wrote:
I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.

#FOREVERKITTY


Top
  Offline Profile  
      
 Post Post subject: Re: Mafia Round 6 (Day 1)
Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:01 pm 
Totally Random
Totally Random
User avatar
"Great. The only way I can get a man to stand next to me like this is to bribe him with meatloaf." - Connie Kendall

Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:12 pm

Posts: 7404
Age: 22
Gender: Female

Cash: 18.39
Bank: 0.00
OOC: (do I have to do that? )Wait- You don't tell us who almost got killed? And if it was bookworm, I'm assuming he's the Medic. It would make sense for him to save himself. :yes:

Lee rushed into the room and laid her briefcase on the table. "Good. I thought a whole day might go by before I could get online!" She carefully considered the evidence that had been presented so far, which was not much. I see no reason to vote for Joy. I think we should give her a chance. Lee glanced at the other players, trying to make a decision. "I'm just going to vote randomly this time, since we really have nothing to go on yet. I may change my mind if I see reason to."

Vote: JCGJ [courtesy of random.org]

_________________
Image

\:D/


Top
  Offline Profile E-mail  
      
 Post Post subject: Re: Mafia Round 6 (Day 1)
Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:08 pm 
i haz xpirenancee!!1
User avatar
Oh Anna Sun

Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:24 am

Posts: 19314
Age: 21
Gender: Female

Cash: 4.50
Bank: 10,100.00
Blog: View Blog (25)
"Random.org? You stooped down to that level Lee?" Marvin blinked. "So sad, so sad indeed \:D/"

_________________
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer


Top
  Offline Profile E-mail  
      
 Post Post subject: Re: Mafia Round 6 (Day 1)
Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:10 pm 
Whittier than you
Whittier than you
User avatar
SnC. I miss you!

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:21 pm

Posts: 5963
Age: 3

Cash: 781.26
Bank: 0.00
Lee wrote:
OOC: (do I have to do that? )Wait- You don't tell us who almost got killed? And if it was bookworm, I'm assuming he's the Medic. It would make sense for him to save himself. :yes:

Lee rushed into the room and laid her briefcase on the table. "Good. I thought a whole day might go by before I could get online!" She carefully considered the evidence that had been presented so far, which was not much. I see no reason to vote for Joy. I think we should give her a chance. Lee glanced at the other players, trying to make a decision. "I'm just going to vote randomly this time, since we really have nothing to go on yet. I may change my mind if I see reason to."

Vote: JCGJ [courtesy of random.org]


Correct, we should not be told was almost got killed.

Voting randomly?


lolol.

_________________
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Image
Jehoshaphat wrote:
I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.

#FOREVERKITTY


Top
  Offline Profile  
      
 Post Post subject: Re: Mafia Round 6 (Day 1)
Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:12 pm 
Totally Random
Totally Random
User avatar
"Great. The only way I can get a man to stand next to me like this is to bribe him with meatloaf." - Connie Kendall

Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:12 pm

Posts: 7404
Age: 22
Gender: Female

Cash: 18.39
Bank: 0.00
Well Mr. Quackers, what would you suggest? :noway: Show me some evidence I can go on to make my choice. Would you rather me vote for you?

_________________
Image

\:D/


Top
  Offline Profile E-mail  
      
 Post Post subject: Re: Mafia Round 6 (Day 1)
Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:25 pm 
I'll catch up to Bren!
User avatar
The man that stops the monsters

Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:39 pm

Posts: 5106
Age: 101

Cash: 2,134.66
Bank: 3.96
Blog: View Blog (25)
I agree with Lee. We have absolutely no reason to suspect others of being Mafia. it does seem like bookworm might be the one who was nearly killed. Personally, I think it would be best to wait until a few more people show up, then vote for the most suspicious.

_________________
Photobucket was evil and made third-party display a premium feature. Then they increased the size and obnoxiousness of the placeholder advertisement encouraging me to upgrade. Thus, this text signature.


Top
  Offline Profile E-mail  
      
 Post Post subject: Re: Mafia Round 6 (Day 1)
Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:29 pm 
Whittier than you
Whittier than you
User avatar
SnC. I miss you!

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:21 pm

Posts: 5963
Age: 3

Cash: 781.26
Bank: 0.00
Not Mr. Quackers.

I guess my point is that voting randomly doesn't do much good. It only hurts the town more than it will the mafia. So if ANYTHING, you would be prime suspect #1 because you're voting randomly. But I'm not sure you mean to hurt the town. But know that hurting the town will be a dismal side-effect from your disastrous "voting recklessly" standpoint.

Edit: I realize that by being online lots of the time and by posting a lot in this thread, this gives others the excuse "well whitty whit was online like the wholllleelle timeime! hess ust be mafais." :-| Just. no.

_________________
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Image
Jehoshaphat wrote:
I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.

#FOREVERKITTY


Top
  Offline Profile  
      
 Post Post subject: Re: Mafia Round 6 (Day 1)
Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:42 pm 
I post like Shadowpaw
User avatar


Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:00 pm

Posts: 2780

Cash: 1,256.36
Bank: 0.00
Allow me to clarify something: the characteristics I give to anyone who is possibly saved by the Medic do not necessarily reflect his/her characteristics, whether in real life or on this site.

You have roughly 55 hours remaining.

_________________
Image

*Insert shameless plug*

Go here to get really cheap real life stuff! Do it now! Now being sold is an AIO Live disc set.


Top
  Offline Profile E-mail  
      
 Post Post subject: Re: Mafia Round 6 (Day 1)
Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:16 pm 
ToO Historian
ToO Historian
User avatar


Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:10 pm

Posts: 14250
Age: 27
Gender: Male

Cash: 925.10
Bank: 55,000.00
After listening to the discussion intently, bookworm interjected.
“Monty said what I was just about to. The ‘studious’ bit in the story was part of the setting, it wasn’t necessarily a reflection on who that particular player was.
That said, I won’t deny it’s quite possible it was me. That has been the trend in most past games. It may be too soon to put a lot of stock in that theory, but it’s worth keeping in mind. As well as the unintentional slip (or I believe it was unintentional) of revealing the gender. We don’t know who was saved (well done Monty) but we do know it was a “he” from the description.
Moontide and Marvin are both correct in their own way.
Marvin says one or more Mafia may be inexperienced because they went for me, not realizing I would be a likely first save. This is very logical.
But Moontide is also correct in saying that since the first vote is blind we should do what we can to hedge our bets. There’s a chance we may be eliminating an ally, in which case we want to ensure it’s not a vital one. Logic would agree that selecting an inexperienced player would be the best way to do this. No offense meant to Joy, of course.”

_________________
Image
Sig by snubs


Top
  Offline Profile E-mail  
      
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 [ 252 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
The site is in no way affiliated with Focus on the Family. "Adventures in Odyssey" is the registered trademark of Focus on the Family.