The Town of Odyssey
http://thetoo.com/

Mafia Round 6 (Day 3)
http://thetoo.com/viewtopic.php?f=421&t=31212
Page 10 of 13

Author:  Whitty Whit [ Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:53 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Mafia Round 6 (Day 3)

Buzz is inactive... and newer.

Author:  bookworm [ Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:54 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Mafia Round 6 (Day 3)

“That was exactly who I was thinking. Unless something drastic happens this round, I

vote: Buzz

and strongly encourage all true Town players to do so as well unless they can present a strong reason against it.”

Author:  Lee [ Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:01 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Mafia Round 6 (Day 3)

"Your argument makes very good sense, bookworm, " Lee stated thoughtfully. "I agree with you. We definitely don't want to make another fatal mistake that could be detrimental to the Town. And since at this point we really have no strong evidence, it makes sense to eliminate the less active and newer people. "

vote: Buzz

Author:  Jehoshaphat [ Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:42 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Mafia Round 6 (Day 3)

Bookworm I failed to see the logic behind your argument earlier but now it make more sense also you have convinced me that Joy is not the Mafia for now.
Unvote: Joy
Vote: Buzz

Author:  American Eagle [ Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:32 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Mafia Round 6 (Day 3)

Wow, bookworm. You have a lot of persuasiveness with everybody here. :-k A small part of me thinks you are an incredibly devious mafia member, but I will put what you've said to the test. If Buzz turns out to be Mafia, you will have proven your township.

Vote: Buzz

Author:  ric [ Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:42 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Mafia Round 6 (Day 3)

Hmmm, yes, I see your points bookworm. :p

unvote: Joy
vote: Buzz

Author:  radgeek [ Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:32 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Mafia Round 6 (Day 3)

"Bookworm, I don't see the logic in that," Rad said and started to pace. "I have a lot of mafia experience on you. Granted it was on RAF but same patterns hold true no matter whom I play against. This pattern is that those with roles post more. They have more of a reason for playing. An alive townie keeps the townie numbers up and if the townie numbers drop below the mafia numbers, they win. But take your chance..."

Author:  Whitty Whit [ Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:32 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Mafia Round 6 (Day 3)

I am hesitant to vote, because I think that everyone has realized Buzz is probably a townie. I don't want to vote for a townie at all.. And rad has a point.

No Vote still stands.

Author:  Agent 86 [ Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:44 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Mafia Round 6 (Day 3)

i have decided to not join against Buzz and i'm pretty sure that Joy is innocent so.....

No Vote

Author:  Jesus' Princess [ Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:19 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Mafia Round 6 (Day 3)

I'm still not convinced about Buzz, and I definitely don't want to just jump on the bandwagon. Therefore I'm still

No Vote

Author:  Joy [ Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:46 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Mafia Round 6 (Day 3)

"You do realize Buzz left town? Guys, I'm serious. Her PM was sincere. She plans on coming back sometime, but she wants to take a break because she's been here too much. I think that eliminating her won't hurt us, because she might get pulled out of the game anyways. My vote still stands. Sorry Rad, it's all I got."

Author:  Marvin D. [ Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:18 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Mafia Round 6 (Day 3)

Being the mafia mod, I'd like to say that as she's gone, she's going to be removed anyways, so I'd suggest you all vote for someone else. Why waste a vote on her when she'll be removed?

Author:  Jehoshaphat [ Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:16 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Mafia Round 6 (Day 3)

Because of the new info about Buzz I don't feel right about wasting a turn lynching some one that is going to removed anyway. The new players that are still alive are
Joy
Conquestor
Buzz.
You could say that I am but this is my 4th mafia game. I think that Conquestor is role-blocker he said he was earlier and his argument made sense. Buzz is leaving, so that leaves us with Joy. If you use bookworms strategy she is the only one left to kill, but Peeta practically proved here innocence. So who can we vote for bookworm? The only other sorta inactive player is JCGJ. So what do you suggest?

Author:  bookworm [ Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:47 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Mafia Round 6 (Day 3)

American Eagle wrote:
Wow, bookworm. You have a lot of persuasiveness with everybody here.
“Unfortunately only at certain times it would seem. I said the same thing earlier, but everyone ignored me and insisted on killing our Medic.”
American Eagle wrote:
If Buzz turns out to be Mafia, you will have proven your township.
“No. The primary purpose of this act is not to get a Mafia, that would only be a bonus. Indeed I have no reason to believe Buzz is a Mafia at this time. The purpose here is that, knowing we have no suspicions and are therefore likely to choose a Townie, we choose the Townie that would cause the least damage if eliminated. As has been said before, Buzz perfectly fits that role because not only is she an inexperienced player, she is inactive and will be removed anyway.”
radgeek wrote:
This pattern is that those with roles post more.
“Agreed. Once again, I do not necessarily think Buzz is Mafia. This is a strategic move.”
Peeta wrote:
Why waste a vote on her when she'll be removed?
“It puzzles me that you would have to ask that question, it should be obvious. We all agree that it is a given that Buzz will be removed for inactivity. For the sake of example, let us say she is Town.
If we vote for someone else, perhaps someone who also turns out to be town, they are killed, then Buzz is removed, leaving us down two teammates. If we take a preemptive action and vote Buzz out, then that eliminates the need for her to be removed by the GM, thus taking our number down only one.”
Jehoshaphat wrote:
Because of the new info about Buzz I don't feel right about wasting a turn lynching some one that is going to removed anyway.
“But it’s not a waste! You all are totally missing the point here. It’s exactly because Buzz will be removed that I singled her out!
Think back to past games, loosing inactive members totally destroyed the Town’s chances because it gave the Mafia an extra free kill each round. By accepting that Buzz will be removed soon one way or the other, it only makes sense that we be the ones to do it, because the worst case scenario is we lose one Town player that we would have lost anyway! Otherwise we would lose two, the other person we kill and then Buzz when she’s removed.
There is truly no downside to this strategy, I don’t understand why there is so much resistance. The worst that can happen is we cut our losses from two allies to one, which is a positive. The other option would be that we lose two Townies if we don’t vote for Buzz, a negative. It’s a clear cut decision. And there’s still a 50/50 chance Buzz is Mafia anyway, albeit an unlikely one, so that makes our choice even more obvious.”

Author:  ~JCGJ~ [ Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:13 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Mafia Round 6 (Day 3)

"Let me ask something." JCGJ said. "What is the point of getting rid of "inactive players?" I mean, they could be a medic or something, and they do their duty at night, then just sit back and watch everyone else argue. Or maybe they just have a life other than the ToO, such as school work, or a job. I don't think it's wise to vote for someone just because they are "inactive.""

Author:  bookworm [ Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:19 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Mafia Round 6 (Day 3)

~JCGJ~ wrote:
"What is the point of getting rid of "inactive players?""
At this bookworm rubbed his temples.
“I just explained what the point is! Pay attention!
Inactive players are removed by the GM. We are going to lose them whether we vote for them or not. So if we don’t vote for them, we kill off someone else, then they are also removed, and we lose two players. If we vote for the one that is going to be removed anyway we only lose one. There is no other way to explain it - why are you not understating this?”

Author:  Jehoshaphat [ Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:23 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Mafia Round 6 (Day 3)

Oh that make more sense.

Author:  ~JCGJ~ [ Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:26 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Mafia Round 6 (Day 3)

bookworm wrote:
~JCGJ~ wrote:
"What is the point of getting rid of "inactive players?""
At this bookworm rubbed his temples.
“I just explained what the point is! Pay attention!
Inactive players are removed by the GM. We are going to lose them whether we vote for them or not. So if we don’t vote for them, we kill off someone else, then they are also removed, and we lose two players. If we vote for the one that is going to be removed anyway we only lose one. There is no other way to explain it - why are you not understating this?”

"But what if they finally post, but it's too late for everyone to change their vote? Then someone innecent is killed for no true reason, other than they didn't have enough time to keep up. Do you really think that's a good reason to have someone lynched? I don't. In fact, it almost seems like you are just finding an excuse to get rid of people. So, I have finally decided my vote."

Vote: Bookworm

Author:  Blitz [ Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:29 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Mafia Round 6 (Day 3)

My vote stilll stand for their isn't anything convincible

Author:  Joy [ Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:34 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Mafia Round 6 (Day 3)

"Bookworm has a point. "
Change: Buzz

Page 10 of 13 All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/