Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 [ 92 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post Post subject: Mafia Round Nine(MAFIA WIN)
Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:12 pm 
I'll catch up to Bren!
The man that stops the monsters

Cash: 2,131.08
Bank: 3.96
Blog: View Blog (25)
Let the ninth official game of ToO Mafia begin!

Players
Arkán Dreamwalker
bookworm
~JCGJ~ - Medic
Sunshine
Blitz - Townie
Joy - Townie
Monty - Tiebreaker

Killed by Mafia Lynched Removed

There is a Godfather, a Mafia, a Medic, a Sheriff, 2 Townies, and a Tiebreaker.

Please see this thread for rules and roles

If there is a tie in daytime voting, the Tiebreaker will choose who will die. Only I know who the Tiebreaker is.

It is now night. Mafia, send me your kill, Medic, your save, Sheriff, your investigation.

Photobucket was evil and made third-party display a premium feature. Then they increased the size and obnoxiousness of the placeholder advertisement encouraging me to upgrade. Thus, this text signature.

Last edited by The Doctor on Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:35 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject: Re: Mafia Round Nine
Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:46 pm 
Autumn is a Glorious Season
I am :mrgreen:

Cash: 2.12
Bank: 631.96
((Do you want the thread locked?))

A helpful graphic, for those who may be confused.
That is all.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:51 pm 
I'll catch up to Bren!

Sure, why not!

And could you post again before you lock it, so when it's unlocked, I can post the death and stuff?

Photobucket was evil and made third-party display a premium feature. Then they increased the size and obnoxiousness of the placeholder advertisement encouraging me to upgrade. Thus, this text signature.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:34 am 

Sure, will do.

Just PM me (or another mod) when you need it unlocked.

That is all.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:10 pm 
The Council isn't corrupt
The State is a lie

Cash: 1,001.97
Bank: 0.00
Unlocked

Offline Profile  

Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:22 pm 
I'll catch up to Bren!

Thanks!

Alright, here is the death:

The night was dark. A thunderstorm was going on. Monty was walking down the street toward his home, when a man walked up beside him. "Hey, you think you could help me?" the man said "I work at the power plant over there, and I need some help." Monty obliged. "Thanks." the man said, leading Monty into the power plant. "All I need you to do is hold this wire while I take care of some stuff in the back." Monty reached out and grabbed the wire. But as he did, a lightning bolt struck the lightning rod the man had placed on the roof, sending a large electric charge down the wire and coursing through Monty's body. The man(a mafia member) stood over the dead body of the poor Tiebreaker.

It is now day. You can start voting now.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:38 pm 
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Cash: 788.20
Bank: 55,000.00
Bookworm shook his head when he heard the news. “This is a big loss right off. Monty had a great analytical mind, he would have been a good tiebreaker.”

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:10 pm 

JC walked to the town hall, prepareing himself for the uncomfortable task of first-day voting.

He walked through the Town Hall doors, and made his way to the Meeting Hall. "Well, it looks like I'm one of the first ones here..."
He shrugged off his backpack, and began setting up his "station."
"Maybe I should just leave all this stuff here... It would make it easier than lugging it all here every day..." He said to himself, as he set up his chair. "But, I'm used to it this way... And besides, it's a little different each time I come..."

He began popping some popcorn for the day's descussions.

That is all.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:46 pm 
Catspaw knows all
The stoic type.

Cash: 1.74
Bank: 5,037.43
Blog: View Blog (1)
Arkán walked into the town hall where he learned from Woody of the unfortunate death Monty. Arkán had only spoken to Monty in passing, so did not feel much at the news. He expressed regret for Monty’s fate however, for fear of being mistaken for a killer. He was a newbie in town and might be suspected through sheer unfamiliarity.
"They always distrust the strangers first," he muttered.
But the Mafia was started before Arkán came here. This was the ninth wave. If anyone was to blame it was the oldies, not the newbies. They had originated the Mafia, Arkán had only opened a shop. Not nearly as bad. He didn't mind being suspected though. Just so long as it wasn't just because he was new in town. If he was equally suspected as everyone else he was satisfied.
Arkán sat on a windowsill and began to play Swing Low Sweet Chariot on his harmonica. Now about the real Mafia whoever they were. Arkán considered. The only data he had was that Monty was obviously not a Mafia member; that there were two Mafia, and five—(four now) townspeople . And yet he would have to vote on a lynchee with no more data then that.
He glanced over at JC popping popcorn, and then over at Bookworm. The others should arrive soon. Perhaps more information would come out in the discussion. He switched to The Cat Came Back.

Last edited by Arkán Dreamwalker on Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:20 pm 
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

If bookworm had been able to read Arkán’s thoughts he may have had a remark about the phenomenon of newbie suspicion in these games, but instead he leaned against a wall in silent contemplation waiting for the others to arrive.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:09 pm 
Catspaw knows all
The stoic type.

Well, old Mister Johnson had troubles all his own; He had an old yellow cat that wouldn't leave home.
Tried everything he now to keep the cat away, even took him up to Canada and him for to stay,
But the cat came back the very next day, They thought he was a goner but the cat came back 'cause he wouldn't stay away.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:05 pm 

Arkán Dreamwalker wrote:
Arkán walked into the town hall where he learned from Woody of the unfortunate death Monty. Arkán had only spoken to Monty in passing, so did not feel much at the news. He expressed regret for Monty’s fate however, for fear of being mistaken for a killer. He was a newbie in town and might be suspected through sheer unfamiliarity.
"They always distrust the strangers first," he muttered.
But the Mafia was started before Arkán came here. This was the ninth wave. If anyone was to blame it was the oldies, not the newbies. They had originated the Mafia, Arkán had only opened a shop. Not nearly as bad. He didn't mind being suspected though. Just so long as it wasn't just because he was new in town. If he was equally suspected as everyone else he was satisfied.
Arkán sat on a windowsill and began to play Swing Low Sweet Chariot on his harmonica. Now about the real Mafia whoever they were. Arkán considered. The only data he had was that Monty was obviously not a Mafia member; that there were two Mafia, and five—(four now) townspeople . And yet he would have to vote on a lynchee with no more data then that.
He glanced over at JC popping popcorn, and then over at Bookworm. The others should arrive soon. Perhaps more information would come out in the discussion. He switched to The Cat Came Back.

JC listened as Arkan played his harmonica. He pulled out his own mouth harp and joined in, as he walked over to Arkan.
"You play well. Popcorn?" He said, offering the bowl to Arkan.

"Here's a tip: bookworm is pretty much considered the best, whether he's Town or Mafia. If you want to learn a thing or two, just watch bookworm. He knows how to "play the game," as it were.
Oh, and welcome to the town. I hope you're not too intimidated." JC said, offering his hand for Arkan to shake.

That is all.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:05 pm 
Catspaw knows all
The stoic type.

Arkán glowered at JC under his eyebrows. "Never use the word intimidated in association with my name. I can be surprised and all the rest but nothing intimidates me."
He reached out and shook JC's hand, firm grip. "Thanks for the welcome, I've opened a shop and settled in. Just don't write my name without the accent. As for bookworm, I probably know him best."
Arkán glanced at the popcorn. "Not now. I don't eat when I'm this type of mood." He moved his legs up into a crossed position on the window-ledge. Arkán was taking it in stride, but it was unusual for anyone to pay any attention to him. He was thin, but that wasn't it, he was tall too. What it was was that he had somehow tuned his movements exactly that they did not draw attention. Through his young years Arkán had been a shy person, and using his knowledge of how he, and thus humans, thought, he had mastered the way he moved, such that it was unobtrusive on people's vision, their brains didn't register an anomaly. And he was a quiet sort. Thus he was seldom noticed. It must have been that JC also played harmonica, thus his brain registered the music as significant of notice.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:40 pm 
I'll catch up to Bren!

You have 72 hours left.......

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:27 am 
I'm as fancy as Penguin!
*yawn* I like crackers.

Cash: 63.52
Bank: 98.09
Joy walked in with presence. Her glossy dark brown hair swished. "Hey guys." She said softly. "Poor Monty." She murmured. "I can't lose time, so here's my vote right away,
completely random."

Vote: Bookworm
I'm just throwing this out there, for no particularly good reason, except for the need to vote. Sorry bookworm."

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:34 am 
Catspaw knows all
The stoic type.

Arkán huffed. "Heh."
"Well," he said glancing over at JC, "I can't exactly watch him if he's lynched."
Arkán started playing Clementine.

Last edited by Arkán Dreamwalker on Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:22 pm 
The Council must persist
Stars are only visible in darkness

Cash: 435.06
Bank: 0.00
Blitz arrived kinda late. he had slept in which he rarely did and things hadn't gone his way... He wondered why Joy was voting so early.

Sammy's Bro and moderator between Sammy and Woody and her partner in randomnes
Woody's younger brother and best friend And married to Joy and forgot about it Dolls third cousin
Yes, since my sweetheart lives in the clouds
I must float on them. - Limerick

Blitz....do not flirt when you have a gf already!!!! Gahhhhhh..these tweens need to learn proper gentlemanly behaviour!!!
Blitz: I am a teen
* Black_Ghost buries the two peeps...err chicks...err dude and a chick
'Here lies blitz the dude, and IT the chick.
* IrishTiger is not being buried beside Blitz.
Doll knows everything about her sweet baboo
BECAUSE SHE STALKS HIM
Woody

Check out my blog by order of the king.
http://blitzkrieglight.blogspot.com/

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:31 pm 
I'm as fancy as Penguin!
*yawn* I like crackers.

Cash: 63.52
Bank: 98.09
"I'm voting early simply because we have only 72 hours. I am a forgetful person, and might not have come to post in time." Joy shrugged. "But hey, just an observation. Nothing wrong with that. And depending on which way you look at it, it could be deemed suspicious." She tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. "Not my job to tell you not to observe."
(I know you just thought it, but in the game of Mafia, everyone's thoughts are read. ;) )

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:59 pm 
Catspaw knows all
The stoic type.

Arkán glanced around. Everyone had now arrived except for Sunshine. Harmonica playing was a good way to pass the time.
He glanced over at JC and stopped playing. "What's that 'station'?" asked Arkán.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:29 pm 
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

When Joy cast her vote bookworm immediately crossed his arms and stepped forward.
“Joy.” He paused to briefly touch his forehead as if he had a headache. “You have made not one, but two established anti-Town moves in one action. This is precisely why I lost faith in the Town side long ago. People don’t seem to be able to learn from the past and develop their gameplay.”
He took a breath before continuing to gather his thoughts. He wanted to present this as clearly as possible so maybe this time people would get it.
“We have been over these things countless times before, but it seems we have to do it yet again.

First, multiple people have clearly explained in past games why random voting is a death wish for Town players. There is a limited amount of innocent people we can kill off before we seal our fate, we need to make sure every vote counts as much as it possibly can. It is true that on this first day there is almost never anything to base your vote on, but that does not mean you just leave it up to chance. There are strategies that can be employed to minimize risk with minimal information. If someone is truly playing with the Town’s good first in mind, they will never cast their vote randomly.

Second, when you finally did vote, it was for me. I don’t mean this to sound narcissistic, I’m not singing my own praises I’m just repeating what others have said. I am an extremely valuable player, some say the most valuable. As such, it is never good policy to kill me off, or even vote for me (because that opens the potential for me to be killed off), without expressing a reasonable basis for doing so. I don’t say this in an attempt to provide myself with an immunity in this game or in any other, I just say it out of common sense. If you have a great asset in a game like this, you need to utilize that asset as often as you can while it’s available, and not do something to jeopardize it unnecessarily. Attempting to kill me off early, especially on the very first day, is seen as an extremely guilty action. If you think I’m on your side, you would want me to stay around as long as possible to aid your cause.

Even though this game is very early, your behavior has already made you stand out in quite an unfavorable way. That makes you the most suspicious at the moment, so unless you can present a reasonable defense I must

vote: Joy

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 [ 92 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next