Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post Post subject: Re: Mafia Round Nine
Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:25 pm 
Autumn is a Glorious Season
I am :mrgreen:

Cash: 2.12
Bank: 631.96
"I would like to point out that the only times I have voted for bookworm, I was a new player and joined a "bandwagon" (not knowing the dangers of bandwagoning), and the other time, it was because bookworm didn't die when the Mafia should have jumped at the chance to kill him (and I happened to be right in that instance, even though few people believed me...)... It appears to me as though I'm one of the only ones who's not afraid to vote for bookworm. Mind you, I won't vote for him unless I have a legitimate reason, but I'm not afraid to vote for him if I truely do suspect him... As a matter of fact, that goes for me, and everyone else. Please, vote for me if you believe me to be suspicious. However, I will tell you right now that I am not Mafia."
JC said between sips of Root Beer.
"However, I would also like to point out, bookworm, that you have said (on numerous occaisions, if my memory serves me correctly) that "revenge voting" is danergous and foolish.
I know you'll come out saying that voting for Joy isn't revenge, etc. but I am noticing a couple inconsistancies in your playing... But, I myself have many inconsitancies (especially in this game...), so please don't take any of my thoughts as jabs at you. You are an excellent player, and I respect you in the terms of this game.
I will agree that Joy's actions were not the best, however, but I don't take that as a reason to vote for her just yet...

That being said, however, I do not believe either of you (bookworm or Joy) to be Mafia at this point, so I will refrain from voting until I have something slightly more substantial to go on."

JC was fairly calm and collected, but he was tense. "I hate first day voting... I wish we had some sort of clue that could help us in the beginning..." He thought.

Arkán Dreamwalker wrote:
Arkán glowered at JC under his eyebrows. "Never use the word intimidated in association with my name. I can be surprised and all the rest but nothing intimidates me."
He reached out and shook JC's hand, firm grip. "Thanks for the welcome, I've opened a shop and settled in. Just don't write my name without the accent. As for bookworm, I probably know him best."

JC turned to Arkan.

"I do not have the ability to type an "a" with an accent mark without having to go to Microsoft Word, finding it in the symbols list, and copy/pasting it. I do not have the time, nor the patience to do that every time I write your name, so is there something else I can call you? Maybe AD? Or Dreamwalker?"
He paused...
"Also, I've noticed that you're a little cocky in your interpretations of people's concious and sub-concious (sp) actions... I'm not saying you're not correct in your observations (because you very well may be... I have no idea), I simply want to let you know that it might be slightly damaging to your credibility if you don't really know what you're talking about. However, I know nothing about your credibility when it comes to phyciatric (sp) observations. You could be a brilliant prodegy, or a formally trained phycologist (etc.)... If such is the case, then I will politely shut up and let you do your thing. But if it's not, then I would be careful when it comes to psyco-analysing people (especially in this game). It might cause some people to become suspitius of you."

A helpful graphic, for those who may be confused.
That is all.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:22 pm 
Catspaw knows all
The stoic type.

Cash: 1.74
Bank: 5,037.43
Blog: View Blog (1)
Arkán sat up. "AD. Dreamwalker. Wow. I've never had a nickname before." His eyes were alight. Arkán had some simple pleasures. He reached out and pulled a coin out of JC's ear, which in this case meant he liked him.
Arkán then crimped an eye at JC. "You could always just copy the á or even the whole name from above."
"Lazy generation." He murmured to himself. "I should know, I'm part of it. Now as who to vote for..."

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:59 am 
The Council must persist
Stars are only visible in darkness

Cash: 435.06
Bank: 0.00
Of my knowledge I either suspect JGGJ and Joy the most then bookworm and then A.D. I cast my ballot at random and vote Joy.
Vote:Joy

Sammy's Bro and moderator between Sammy and Woody and her partner in randomnes
Woody's younger brother and best friend And married to Joy and forgot about it Dolls third cousin
Yes, since my sweetheart lives in the clouds
I must float on them. - Limerick

Blitz....do not flirt when you have a gf already!!!! Gahhhhhh..these tweens need to learn proper gentlemanly behaviour!!!
Blitz: I am a teen
* Black_Ghost buries the two peeps...err chicks...err dude and a chick
'Here lies blitz the dude, and IT the chick.
* IrishTiger is not being buried beside Blitz.
Doll knows everything about her sweet baboo
BECAUSE SHE STALKS HIM
Woody

Check out my blog by order of the king.
http://blitzkrieglight.blogspot.com/

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:33 am 
Catspaw knows all
The stoic type.

Joy wrote:
"I'm voting early simply because we have only 72 hours. I am a forgetful person, and might not have come to post in time."

Arkán looked sideways at Joy. "That sounds like the excuse I would use if I was Mafia to excuse a guilty vote."
Joy wrote:
"But hey, just an observation. Nothing wrong with that. And depending on which way you look at it, it could be deemed suspicious." She tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. "Not my job to tell you not to observe."

"This sounds like the brazen thing a Mafia would say," said Arkán with a wry voice. "Not accusing yet, just suspecting and data gathering." His eyes went back to the floor and he ran his thumb over his Harmonica.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:47 am 
I'm as fancy as Penguin!
*yawn* I like crackers.

Cash: 63.52
Bank: 98.09
Well, with the very few players we have in this round, it's quite obvious I'm going to die. Again.
I might try to change my vote, but I've been too fickle before. If I'm going to vote, I gotta stick with it. I think from what you said, bookworm, I have a bit more reason to suspect you, but not much to go on. I knew, even as a random vote, it was risky to do. I wanted to give Arkan a chance, and not go with vote for the new player first, unless I had substantial evidence. That's happened to me, and I know how that feels. I also know that bookworm can be valuable mafia. These are guesses. I don't claim to be that smart with things like this. I wasn't even trying to be smart by voting for bookworm. It was just a vote I should have thought more about. And I should have thought more about the consequences. That's all I have in my defense.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:45 pm 

JC stood up again.

"Ok, so I may get yelled at for saying this (because I've really ragged on people who've done this in the past...), but I think maybe I'll just vote for an inactive player (which would just be Sunshine, at the moment).

If I don't get further evidence by tomorrow, Sunshine will be my choice."

Blitz wrote:
Of my knowledge I either suspect JGGJ and Joy the most then bookworm and then A.D. I cast my ballot at random and vote Joy.
Vote:Joy

He turned to Blitz.

"First of all, why would you "vote randomly" for Joy, when she was just deemed suspitius for doing so herself?

And second, what have bookworm and I done to gain your suspition? I would much rather you explain your suspition, indtead of just saying "I suspect so-and-so.""

That is all.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:34 pm 
The Council must persist
Stars are only visible in darkness

Cash: 435.06
Bank: 0.00
The long speeches in defense of each other. And I meant the radomly as meaning I pick her out of all the suspicious people the one most suspicious. Many a time if she is innocent she will give a long speech this time no.

Sammy's Bro and moderator between Sammy and Woody and her partner in randomnes
Woody's younger brother and best friend And married to Joy and forgot about it Dolls third cousin
Yes, since my sweetheart lives in the clouds
I must float on them. - Limerick

Blitz....do not flirt when you have a gf already!!!! Gahhhhhh..these tweens need to learn proper gentlemanly behaviour!!!
Blitz: I am a teen
* Black_Ghost buries the two peeps...err chicks...err dude and a chick
'Here lies blitz the dude, and IT the chick.
* IrishTiger is not being buried beside Blitz.
Doll knows everything about her sweet baboo
BECAUSE SHE STALKS HIM
Woody

Check out my blog by order of the king.
http://blitzkrieglight.blogspot.com/

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:35 pm 
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Cash: 804.24
Bank: 55,000.00
~JCGJ~ wrote:
It appears to me as though I'm one of the only ones who's not afraid to vote for bookworm. Mind you, I won't vote for him unless I have a legitimate reason, but I'm not afraid to vote for him if I truely do suspect him
bookworm nodded earnestly in support of this statement.
“It’s not about being afraid, it’s about being sensible. If you do really believe I’m guilty, then of course vote for me. Just make sure you explain why. Not for my sake, for yours. As I said, voting for me for no reason has been established as suspicious. Right or wrong, that’s how it is. So if you’re going to do it, you have to present a reasonable basis for it so people won’t jump on you for it.”
~JCGJ~ wrote:
"However, I would also like to point out, bookworm, that you have said (on numerous occaisions, if my memory serves me correctly) that "revenge voting" is danergous and foolish.
I know you'll come out saying that voting for Joy isn't revenge, etc. but I am noticing a couple inconsistancies in your playing... But, I myself have many inconsitancies (especially in this game...), so please don't take any of my thoughts as jabs at you.
“I do not take them that way. This kind of discussion is exactly what we need.

I have indeed said that revenge voting is foolish, and I stand by that statement. However, as you anticipated, I deny that this is what I’m doing. I voted for Joy not because she voted for me, but because she made two extremely anti-Town actions, as I explained previously. That by no means seals her fate, and I’m not trying to say it does. It’s far too early for that. I’m perfectly open to the possibility that she isn’t guilty.
However, as I also said, our time is limited and our current information is minimal. Therefore, we must make the most logical actions we can based on what we have. What we have right now is a player who acted suspiciously, and a requirement to vote out a player. Logic dictates that the player best to vote out would be that one that acted suspiciously. It has nothing to do with revenge.

I also contest that I have inconsistencies in my gameplay. Whichever side I’m on, I make a conscious effort to remain as constant as I can in my reasoning and actions so that other players can grasp a profile of my style and use it to their advantage. One of the vital keys to this game is knowing the other players as well as you can. I try to make that possible, and I would hope everyone else does as well.”

As an afterthought, he added “As for Arkán’s accent, you can just copy it right from his name on the post.”

Joy wrote:
I think from what you said, bookworm, I have a bit more reason to suspect you
At this bookworm simply threw up his hands in disbelief.
“After what I said? All I said was explaining why you’re acting suspicious! If you’re ‘more’ suspicious of me just because I stated objective facts, that only makes you even more suspicious.
Seriously, why does this happen every game? When someone makes a nonconfrontational, completely factual analysis, people somehow take it as evidence of guilt. It completely blows my mind. Once again, this is why the Town is absolutely dead to me.”

Online Profile E-mail  

Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:13 pm 

bookworm wrote:
Joy wrote:
I think from what you said, bookworm, I have a bit more reason to suspect you
At this bookworm simply threw up his hands in disbelief.
“After what I said? All I said was explaining why you’re acting suspicious! If you’re ‘more’ suspicious of me just because I stated objective facts, that only makes you even more suspicious.
Seriously, why does this happen every game? When someone makes a nonconfrontational, completely factual analysis, people somehow take it as evidence of guilt. It completely blows my mind. Once again, this is why the Town is absolutely dead to me.”

"Hey, calm down buddy.
For some reason, people think that posting a logical train of thought is suspiciuos (which, I suspect, is probably why I'm near the top of suspect list for Blitz...). there's no use in getting angry and frustrated about it. It's inevitable. Just don't lose your cool, and people may be more inclined not to suspect you."

That is all.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:20 pm 
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

~JCGJ~ wrote:
"there's no use in getting angry and frustrated about it."
bookworm appreciated the attempt at consolation, but it didn’t work.
“Yes there is. If people insist on making nonsuspicious things suspicious, they’ll overlook the real suspicious actions. Clear thinking is the only way to win this game on either side, but infinitely more so on the Town side. To flatly refuse to conform strategy accordingly is to intentionally doom your chances, which, once again, is why I am thoroughly unable to place any trust in the Town as a whole.”

~JCGJ~ wrote:
"Ok, so I may get yelled at for saying this (because I've really ragged on people who've done this in the past...), but I think maybe I'll just vote for an inactive player (which would just be Sunshine, at the moment)."
“I’m glad you’re finally embracing reason in that regard. Sunshine is definitely another good choice for this game’s blind vote, attempting to preclude inactivity losses.
However if it’s a choice between losing someone who may be dropped later (she still has one day to show up) or someone who is suspicious at this current moment, I have to go with the latter.
It’s still a good strategy though, and if you think Sunshine would be better then by all means go with her.
I am curious though, why you have changed your mind on the validity of voting for inactives after being against it in the past.”

Online Profile E-mail  

Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:51 pm 
I love the ToO!
To know that God is in control is one thing, but to believe that truth, to stand on that truth, to live by that truth is completely different.

Cash: 43.10
Bank: 800.00
Sunny walks towards them, and comes within hearing distance in time to hear the conversation about herself. She realizes that she is now a likely suspect, simply for being late. "Sorry for being late," she apologizes to them. After learning of the news of Monty's death, Sunny expresses her regret. Although she's new to town, she knows that some of the people here were probably good friends with him.

While discussion continues, Sunny is her quiet self, as she silently listens to the other's theories, hoping to gain some insight. Strategy - not one of her better strengths.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:57 pm 
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Sunshine wrote:
She realizes that she is now a likely suspect, simply for being late.
bookworm quickly spoke up to make sure the situation was clear.
“You were not a suspect, you were a strategic vote choice. There is an important difference. Joy is currently a suspect for acting suspiciously, so she is a logical choice right now. You did nothing to be suspicious, you were only inactive. You were also a logical choice, but not because you were a suspect, simply because by killing you off it prevented us from losing you to inactivity down the line and would minimize our losses. Targeting you was strategy, not suspicion. Now that you’ve showed up, I don’t see any reason to vote for you this day. Unless you do something suspicious from here out of course.”

Online Profile E-mail  

Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:58 pm 
Catspaw knows all
The stoic type.

Arkán, listening to the active debate, put his Hohner C harmonica into his vest pocket, pulled out his deck of cards, and started playing Bristol Fan Solitaire.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:17 pm 
I love the ToO!
To know that God is in control is one thing, but to believe that truth, to stand on that truth, to live by that truth is completely different.

bookworm wrote:
Sunshine wrote:
She realizes that she is now a likely suspect, simply for being late.
bookworm quickly spoke up to make sure the situation was clear.
“You were not a suspect, you were a strategic vote choice. There is an important difference. Joy is currently a suspect for acting suspiciously, so she is a logical choice right now. You did nothing to be suspicious, you were only inactive. You were also a logical choice, but not because you were a suspect, simply because by killing you off it prevented us from losing you to inactivity down the line and would minimize our losses. Targeting you was strategy, not suspicion. Now that you’ve showed up, I don’t see any reason to vote for you this day. Unless you do something suspicious from here out of course.”

Sunny is relieved to hear this, and makes some mental notes:

-Suspect vs. Strategy: big difference

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:43 pm 

Blitz wrote:
The long speeches in defense of each other. And I meant the radomly as meaning I pick her out of all the suspicious people the one most suspicious. Many a time if she is innocent she will give a long speech this time no.

"Can you tell me why you believe me to be suspicious?"

That is all.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:48 am 
I'm as fancy as Penguin!
*yawn* I like crackers.

Cash: 63.52
Bank: 98.09
Are you talking to me Blitz? I'm not big on long speeches, unless I deem it necessary.
I'm Town, but not necessarily an asset to all of you guys. I know most of you will vote for me in the end. I'm not that smart at this, and most of the time just hop on a bandwagon that seems good, or do a random vote. I don't know why I even play, because whatever side I'm on, I always do lousy. I'm probably your best option right now.
I'm sorry bookworm,, it's how you said you're the best asset, and how no one should vote you off. At least that's how I interpreted it.
I'm really not good at games that require any type of strategy or strategic thinking. I might be wrong, I might be right. I don't really know.
Funny how in the official Mafia, I've never been mafia. Hardly anything except once a roleblocker.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:02 am 

bookworm wrote:
I am curious though, why you have changed your mind on the validity of voting for inactives after being against it in the past.”

"Well, as I thought about it, I realized that a no-vote does nothing helpful."
JC said.
"Sure, it helps my conscience a little, but it does nothing to help the Town at all, and is a fairly selfish move, so no voting is not a good choice... When I thought mre about inactive-voting (as I'll call it), I realized that inactive players do nothing for the comunity at all. I also realized that voting for inactive players basically forces the Mafia to be active (so they don't get removed simply because of technicalities), hich might cause them to slip up a little.

However, because Sunshine decided to post, and because there is only a little bit of time left, I have decided to vote for Blitz.

VOTE: Blitz

My reasons being:

He didn't explain any of his suspitions.

He didn't answer my question ("What have bookworm and I done to gain your suspition?") about eight posts up.

Joy already has the majority of votes, so thought I might try and even things out a little."

That is all.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:39 am 
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Joy wrote:
I'm sorry bookworm,, it's how you said you're the best asset, and how no one should vote you off. At least that's how I interpreted it.
“I can understand that. I hesitated to put that bit in, because I thought people might take it that way. That’s why I tried to stress the point that I am not claiming to be the best, and I do not want to be given blind immunity just because I say so. But just about everyone agrees that I am one of the most helpful, to use a less arrogant sounding word, players, and that’s why they, not I, say it’s better to give me the benefit of the doubt until you have solid suspicions, in order to keep my aid available. And that is a perfectly correct mindset, logically and in common sense.”

Online Profile E-mail  

Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:24 pm 
I love the ToO!

Um... I'm going to be gone during the weekend (leaving tomorrow, getting back in the later of Sunday, which means most likely not getting on until Monday). Will this put a conflict in playing? :\

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:10 pm 
I'll catch up to Bren!
The man that stops the monsters

Cash: 2,131.08
Bank: 3.96
Blog: View Blog (25)
Joy-->bookworm(1)
bookworm-->Joy(1)
Blitz-->Joy(2)
~JCGJ~-->Blitz(1)

And the votes are in!

The Town decided that Joy must die. For her supposed "suspicious-ness", she was taken to the very top of the clock tower, and pushed off. Unfortunately, the strateflyer wasn't there to catch the poor Townie

It is now night. Mafia, your kill. Medic, your save. Sheriff, your investigation.\

Could someone lock this?

Photobucket was evil and made third-party display a premium feature. Then they increased the size and obnoxiousness of the placeholder advertisement encouraging me to upgrade. Thus, this text signature.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next