Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post Post subject: Re: Mafia Round 10 - Night 1
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:52 pm 
The Council must persist
#snubsrocks

Cash: 577.19
Bank: 0.00
I agree with the whole of Montys post.
Vote: JCGJ

I am Monty's and thefinalhour Awesome Brother. GJ is my rebellious little sister
If you want me to be in your online family send me a PM.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:26 pm 
Autumn is a Glorious Season
I am :mrgreen:

Cash: 90.16
Monty wrote:
Monty strolled up, listening all the while.

"Meh, sure voting on your first post can be suspicious, but it can be done. See?"

VOTE: JCGJ

Reasons:

1. He made an admittedly baseless, random vote on the first day.

2. He indicated that he plans to continue with this random voting throughout the game.

I must say, the second reason worries me significantly more than first. If he is Town, then it would be best to eliminate someone who is going to distract us from finding actual Mafia for the rest of the game. If he is Mafia, then he not only urgently needs to be eliminated now, but he can play off legitimate votes for people that the Mafia knows as threats as supposedly random votes.

Let me say as well, to anyone that disputes my decision, that I am not set in this decision. This is the decision I have made based on what has already been posted, and will stay my decision until quite possibly the very next post. Town, let's make sure to focus on logic and reasons for voting in this game.

Also, I would like to point out at this time that we did have a Medic save last night. This save could have been bookworm, it could have been JCGJ, it could have been me, it could have been anyone. Nevertheless, this has cleared up in my mind one person who I do not believe is Mafia.

JC Stood up, defiantly.
"I must ask, how did I indicate that I will "continue to vote randomly throughout the game?"

Also, if you must know what my strategy was (and I'm telling you, because it has already worked, as far as I can tell... it was to stir up some activity with a seemingly random and unbased vote, and get some discussion flowing (because last time no one did much of anything, which made for a really boring game), in the hopes that the Mafia might say a little more than they should...
Why is it whenever someone tries to employ a new strategy, they get attacked?
I am not Mafia.
I do not lie.
You will regret killing me, etc. and all that rhetoric that everyone always says to get themselves out of a pickle..."

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:20 pm 
Catspaw knows all

Cash: 7.94
Bank: 179.68
Tikvah came to the town hall after hearing the news. She listened to the various arguments, "Just so you do know, I'm new at this game, and any advice will be appreciated. But I do have one question: Why is it that in almost every previous game the first person to vote is immediatly deemed guilty for 'random voting'. Somebody has to start the voting, so why do they always die first?" she looked around, none of these people looked guilty.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:50 pm 
I post like Shadowpaw

Cash: 1,256.36
Quote:
I will tell you this though: the vote choice itself was indeed random. It was simply the reasoning behind it that was not

You said this and also indicated that this was a strategy you intended to carry on with throughout the game. That's an extremely foolhardy decision, and to be honest, in terms of numbers, I think the odds are on my side that by eliminating you today, we will have killed a threat, whether you are Mafia or not. Also, for those keeping tabs, notice that he denied making the statement in the first place, when it is evident that he did.

*Insert shameless plug*

Go here to get really cheap real life stuff! Do it now! Now being sold is an AIO Live disc set.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:38 am 
I post like Shadowpaw
"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."

Cash: 55.25
Blog: View Blog (3)
Bradley walked into the town hall after hearing about the attack on the news. "Hi, all, my name's Bradley, I'm new around here. Glad to hear there was a doctor around to save whoever got attacked." He sat down at an empty seat. "I hope the rumors aren't true about it being a mafia attack. I'd hate to wake up to a knife between the ribs, if you know what I mean."

"Anyone got any coffee?"

Offline Profile Facebook  

Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:10 am 
I'm as fancy as Penguin!
*yawn* I like crackers.

Cash: 63.52
Bank: 98.09
Joy looks around, confused, the prideful expression drifting from her eyes.
"I'm not quite sure.....yet. I'll think on this, and present you with my solution in but a trifle few hours." Joy exited the place and went home.

Arkan, Tron/Young Link/Maxwell Smart is only 8 or 9 years old, younger, I think, then anyone who has joined. :) And he's doing great!

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:07 am 

Monty wrote:
Quote:
I will tell you this though: the vote choice itself was indeed random. It was simply the reasoning behind it that was not

You said this and also indicated that this was a strategy you intended to carry on with throughout the game. That's an extremely foolhardy decision, and to be honest, in terms of numbers, I think the odds are on my side that by eliminating you today, we will have killed a threat, whether you are Mafia or not. Also, for those keeping tabs, notice that he denied making the statement in the first place, when it is evident that he did.

"I'm fairly confused... What statement did I deny making? Also, in saying that I was developing a new strategy, I did not mean my new strategy would entitle random voting throughout the entire game... That would be stupid. However, my strategy began with stirring up some discussion, in hope that the Mafia might jump at the chance to kill me, since their plans obviously failed last night... Could I possibly point out that Monty seems to be employing the same strategy I did, when I was Mafia last game?

That would be to take a flaw in someone's reasoning, and blowing that up to start a bandwagon. Just something to consider.

Could I ask that Monty be considered, if I do indeed turn out to be town?

If you really wish to kill me, I will not be upset, however, I ask that you allow me to live just one night more. Just one night is all I ask."

Last edited by ~JCGJ~ on Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:46 am 
Catspaw knows all

After waiting awhile for her question to be answered, Tikvah decided to vote. "We don't know at this time if JCGJ will continue to vote randomly through the game, but with the number of townspeople, we can't risk it. I am afraid I must

vote:~JCGJ~"

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:53 am 
0x Moderator 0x Admin
0x Moderator 0x Admin
And... Loving it!

Cash: 4.00
Bank: 565.64
Joy wrote:
Joy looks around, confused, the prideful expression drifting from her eyes.
"I'm not quite sure.....yet. I'll think on this, and present you with my solution in but a trifle few hours." Joy exited the place and went home.

Arkan, Tron/Young Link/Maxwell Smart is only 8 or 9 years old, younger, I think, then anyone who has joined. :) And he's doing great!

Thanks Joy! \:D/

Lynching votes:
~JCGJ~ -------> Jehoshaphat (1)
Monty --------> ~JCGJ~ (1)
Jehoshaphat ------> ~JCGJ~ (2)
Tikvah ---------> ~JCGJ~ (3)

The town decided it's ~JCGJ~ who kills everyone so bookworm handed Monty the bullet and Tikvah handed Monty the gun and when the bullet went into ~JCGJ~'s chest and as he fell to the ground a hospital bill fluttered to the ground and the doctor on the bill was ~JCGJ~! And Monty knew that they had made a big mistake for the town.

Night 2
Mafia your kill
Cop your investigation
Commuter if you want to skip town, send me a message saying so.
Everyone else sleep tight :x

Who am I? I'd rather not answer that question, the real question is, "Who are you?". Right now I am trying to think of something witty to put here.. I might not find anything, but that's fine. This block of text should be fine for a signature. Wait, are you still reading this? Why are you reading this? Stop. Seriously.
STOP.
This sentence is true.
The sentence above is false.

I dare you not to read this.
Hey! I said not to read this.
Maybe if I talk like this.
Wait, you still see me? *sighs* I give up.

http://blackgaardscastle.forumotion.com/

Last edited by Agent 86 on Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject: Re: Mafia Round 10 - Night 2
Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:35 am 
The Council must persist
#snubsrocks

Cash: 577.19
A little late JCGJ that was an illegal post made by you after you were dead.

I am Monty's and thefinalhour Awesome Brother. GJ is my rebellious little sister
If you want me to be in your online family send me a PM.

Last edited by Jehoshaphat on Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:11 pm 
I post like Shadowpaw

And while it is night, this thread will remain locked.

And for your reference, Jehoshaphat, the post made was not illegal. At the time that it was posted, the kill had not been announced. The post was deleted based on a misunderstanding on my part, coupled with the fact that a new post was not made, the kill was simply edited into Max's post.

*Insert shameless plug*

Go here to get really cheap real life stuff! Do it now! Now being sold is an AIO Live disc set.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:46 pm 
0x Moderator 0x Admin
0x Moderator 0x Admin
And... Loving it!

Rodney was out and about when he said, "I'll blow bookworm and he'll just not notice." so he went up and set a bomb in front of the door and when bookworm walked out, bookworms last days as the town's Detective were over

Day 2

Vote

Who am I? I'd rather not answer that question, the real question is, "Who are you?". Right now I am trying to think of something witty to put here.. I might not find anything, but that's fine. This block of text should be fine for a signature. Wait, are you still reading this? Why are you reading this? Stop. Seriously.
STOP.
This sentence is true.

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject: Re: Mafia Round 10 - Day 2
Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:28 pm 
Catspaw knows all

When Tikvah heard the news she hurried to the town hall. "I think it must have been someone who has some experiance in these games, and knows that Bookworm is a valuable asset. I am personally inclined to the people who were being very careful not to stick their necks out. So I am suspicious of Taps at the moment. "

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:45 pm 
I'll catch up to Bren!
The man that stops the monsters

Cash: 2,201.32
Bank: 3.96
Blog: View Blog (25)
This is the worst thing that could have happened. bookworm is(or was) our most valuable player. Now, we've lost the Doctor and the Detective. We have to bring the Mafia down soon.

Here's what I think happened:

On Night 1, bookworm was targeted. ~JCGJ~, as an experienced player, knew to save him. After he was killed, the Mafia took the opportunity to get rid of bookworm, with no Doctor to get in their way. I also believe that an experienced player was involved.

Now what I need to know in order to make an educated guess at the identity of the Mafia is knowing how many Mafia there are. Max?

Photobucket was evil and made third-party display a premium feature. Then they increased the size and obnoxiousness of the placeholder advertisement encouraging me to upgrade. Thus, this text signature.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:49 pm 
Catspaw knows all
The stoic type.

Cash: 7.56
Bank: 5,037.43
Blog: View Blog (1)
~JCGJ~ wrote:
Could I ask that Monty be considered, if I do indeed turn out to be town?

He must have had a good reason for asking this.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:52 pm 
I post like Shadowpaw

Tikvah, I must say, even though you haven't played with us before, you're playing like a pro. And that concerns me. The fact is, we lost two major Town roles yesterday. One of those was due to my acting on someone's suspicious behavior, and the other was because the Mafia killed a valuable player.

I'm very suspicious of someone who makes accusations and doesn't feel comfortable with backing them up with a vote. Tikvah, you made some interesting remarks, why not act on them. Could it be that you were hoping someone else would start a bandwagon? Lets find out.

VOTE: Tikvah

Also, a note to the rest of you: please don't follow me in voting for Tikvah yet, at least not until she defends herself. We really can't afford another mistake.

Also, sorry, just saw your post, Arkán. Of course he had a good reason for saying it! Anytime there is a Mafia game, you want to be avenged if you are killed wrongly. Unfortunately, he didn't defend himself, so we couldn't even have an opportunity to change our votes. He was a logical first choice for the first day voting madness, he simply wasn't the correct one.

*Insert shameless plug*

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:03 am 
I'll catch up to Bren!
Well check it out, I have all the power! HA!

Cash: 331.03
Blog: View Blog (28)
I can explain why I was gone by the way ;) I was at a friends from Friday 7:00 PM to Saturday 6:00 PM, just so you know ;) Other than me being gone, I really don't see why you suspect me. I will not vote yet, however you are acting slightly suspicious.

Offline Profile  

Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:41 am 
0x Moderator 0x Admin
0x Moderator 0x Admin
And... Loving it!

At the moment there are 3 mafia

STOP.
This sentence is true.

Offline Profile  

Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:59 am 
Catspaw knows all

I didn't vote yet because I wanted to start some discussion on Taps and I wasn't sure if I had grounds for suspecting him. I also wanted to see him defend himself. Also, now that I have thought about it, Monty is being suspicious of other people, and taking chances in not just joining bandwagons, he is acting a little too ''normal''. Even though I haven't played on this mafia before I have read past games, and this is how Monty escaped suspicion when he was mafia, attracted almost NO suspicion.
For now, I think I will

vote: Monty

This is not a vote for revenge. If you want more evidence, i can list previous games in which he was mafia and acted like this.
And also, if I get killed tonight, take out Monty of Taps.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:06 am 

Because my earlier post was so rudely deleted (not that I'm bitter or anything... ;) ), Max said I could post a summery of what it said:

I don't remember every detail of the post...

But the main point was the fact that I'm probably a threat to somebody (probably someone I've hindered in one of the last games), possibly Jehoshaphat, Bookworm, or Monty (I know bookwowm is dead now... but he was one of my suspitions when I wrote the original post)...

I say that because I was targeted in the failed Mafia kill. I know this, because I saved myself, and the kill was unsuccessful.

I used a very well crafted post (that took me about 30 minutes to compose...) to say this before, instead of this crudely crafted replacement... But some people were apparently appaled by my seemingly (but truely not) illegal post, so it was deleted.

Monty wrote:
Unfortunately, he didn't defend himself, so we couldn't even have an opportunity to change our votes.

Actually, I did defend myself, but it was deleted... Maybe you meant I didn't defend myself as quickly as you would have liked, but I simply don't have the time to be checking this every waking moment of the day. ..

And now, I shall be officially dead, and rest in peace.

Last edited by ~JCGJ~ on Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:15 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next