Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
 Post Post subject: Re: Mafia Round 10 - Day 2
Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:07 pm 
I post like Shadowpaw

Cash: 1,256.36
Bank: 0.00
Tikvah, that is exactly the response I wanted you to give if you were a Town role.

UNVOTE: Tikvah

You made some great, logical points, and I am really glad you read the previous games. I'm going to be completely forthright with everyone at this point. I am acting "normal" in this game because I am normal. It is kind of exciting, actually, because it's the first game I have played in awhile where I was not a Mafia or a power role of any kind. Tikvah, you accuse me of being suspicious because I am suspicious. Think about this from my point of view: as a Townie, there is no protection whatsoever because the main roles are gone. The fact is that three people posting with us are Mafia, and you, Tikvah did look suspicious when you decided to not vote. It did appear as though you were trying to start a bandwagon without actually starting one. I need some others to begin posting, though, so we have more evidence.

*Insert shameless plug*

Go here to get really cheap real life stuff! Do it now! Now being sold is an AIO Live disc set.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:37 pm 
Catspaw knows all

Cash: 7.94
Bank: 179.68
"Taps, I just noticed what you said. I suspected you because in the post you made earlier you were very careful not to stick your neck out. A very good strategy for a mafia. Right now I am not sure who to vote for. But I will think about it.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:54 pm 
I'll catch up to Bren!
The man that stops the monsters

Cash: 2,201.32
Bank: 3.96
Blog: View Blog (25)
Hmm... Well, here are the current suspects:

Joy
Monty
Arkán Dreamwalker
Tikvah
Bradley
Jehoshaphat
Taps
Woody(me)

I include myself on the list because in your eyes, I am a suspect.

JP is not on the list because of the posts in the discussion thread which revealed she was not Mafia.

Personally, since there has been a pattern of bookworm kills ~JCGJ~ on first night before, I believe that the Mafia was attempting to throw suspicion on bookworm, by killing ~JCGJ~. When their kill was unsuccessful, they decided to get him during the day, perhaps thinking(correctly) that he was the doctor. Which makes me personally suspicious of those who voted for him, and specifically, the one who started the bandwagon. I think it's even possible that Monty deleted JC's "illegal post" to get him killed, before his defense could be seen. Now, I was gone during this time, so correct me if I'm wrong, but based on what I've read, I believe that right now, the most logical thing to do is

VOTE: Monty

Photobucket was evil and made third-party display a premium feature. Then they increased the size and obnoxiousness of the placeholder advertisement encouraging me to upgrade. Thus, this text signature.

Last edited by Woody on Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:02 pm 
I post like Shadowpaw

Woody, I will correct you, as you asked. The post was deleted because it appeared it was made after Tron had posted the death, not because evidence was being covered up. Your post is illogical because it makes the assumption that the Mafia somehow "knew" that JCGJ was the Medic, an impossibility in any circumstance. Your entire post is composed of assumptions, "I believe"'s , and "I think it's possible"'s. You base your vote on assumptions and lines that you have drawn together, when they are not linked logically. At this point, we as the Town have to stick together. Woody, your faulty reasoning and baseless assumptions are what I am basing this vote on.

VOTE: Woody

*Insert shameless plug*

Go here to get really cheap real life stuff! Do it now! Now being sold is an AIO Live disc set.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:20 pm 
I'll catch up to Bren!

Okay, thank you for that. I needed to know that the post was not deleted to keep others from seeing ~JCGJ~'s defense(though I still don't see why the post would be deleted). But what I meant with the possibility of the Mafia thinking that ~JCGJ~ was the Medic is that the common thing for the Medic to do in this game is save bookworm on the first night. The second most common(in what I've seen) is to save yourself. So, if I were Mafia(which, I am not), and I saw that ~JCGJ~ was saved, I would think that ~JCGJ~ was likely to be the Medic. What I'm trying to do here, is think about what I would do and think as Mafia, and try to consider all the possibilities, and determine the most likely. We still don't have many leads, Monty. The only one we have is that you started a bandwagon to kill the Medic. Right now, everything points to you.

Photobucket was evil and made third-party display a premium feature. Then they increased the size and obnoxiousness of the placeholder advertisement encouraging me to upgrade. Thus, this text signature.

Last edited by Woody on Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:26 pm 
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Autumn is a Glorious Season
I am :mrgreen:

Cash: 90.16
Woody wrote:
...though I still don't see why the post would be deleted...

The reason it was deleted was because they thought I had posted after I had been killed (dead men tell no tales... you know the drill). However, when I made my post, Max hadn't posted the kill yet; he just posted the part that said, "Thank you Joy!"
Then, after I had posted, Max decided to edit the kill into his "Thank you Joy!" post, instead of just making a new one.

So, it appeared as though I had made an illegal post, when in actuality, I hadn't.

Does that makes sense?

(I give you permission to delete this post if you feel it breaks any "dead man" rules. I just thought I'd attempt to clear up the situation a little...)

Last edited by ~JCGJ~ on Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:38 pm 
I'll catch up to Bren!
Well check it out, I have all the power! HA!

Cash: 331.03
Blog: View Blog (28)
Yeah, Woody I'm pretty sure Monty wouldn't delete a post on purpose, that would just be dishonorable ;) Anyway, at his moment I am going to

VOTE: Monty

Reasons: Because he voted for JCGJ first which is always a wee bit suspicious even if it was the first day, and he also jumped right in on attacking Tikvah, even if he did take his post back, JCGJ also said that if he died we should investigate Monty...

The truth is right now, none of you seem super suspicious to me, but Monty, you are the most suspicious at the moment.

Offline Profile  

Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:43 pm 
I post like Shadowpaw

To be honest, the first thing I thought whenever it turned out JCGJ was the Medic was not, "Oh, no! I just helped to kill a Medic." It was "This means bookworm is probably the Mafia." You see, the typical scenario that has played out the last few games is that the Medic will try to save bookworm, not his/herself, so when it turned out the JCGJ was the Medic, it appeared that bookworm would be a Mafia. Since this was not the case, I have no leads except for those who chose to follow my bandwagon. The fact is that Woody, you have to look worse than I do. You placed a vote following a bandwagon, and you are now attempting a turnaround vote on me. Since I know I am not Mafia, and I want to preserve the Town's chances of winning, I have to make the assumption that you are Mafia unless someone looks more suspicious in the future.

EDIT BECAUSE A POST WAS MADE BEFORE MINE: Taps, you're not doing yourself any favors at all. I have stated my reasons for voting for each and every person I have voted for in every post. If you have a problem with something specific I have said, please present it. But don't simply restate what has already been said without contributing anything new. That just looks bad.

*Insert shameless plug*

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:16 pm 
Catspaw knows all

"Poor Monty." Tikvah felt worried that she was wrong, but she was fairly certain that he was the mafia.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:20 pm 
I'll catch up to Bren!

@Monty: I didn't follow the bandwagon to kill ~JCGJ~. I missed the entire first day. If you mean me voting for you, I didn't vote for you to follow a bandwagon, I voted for you because you're suspicious to me. That's the only way to vote in this game, is it not?

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:31 pm 
I post like Shadowpaw

Indeed. Well, I've made my case. I can only hope that one of the many inactives in this game will see the light.

Tron, if someone fails to vote today who also did not vote yesterday, they would be mod-removed, per the rules of the game, correct?

Basically, I can only argue against logic. If you choose to persist in your posts of vague "suspicions" and the like, it is literally impossible for me to give a reasoned defense to dismantle your arguments, because you have no logical argument! I'm not saying this as "revenge", but Tikvah honestly looks the most suspicious to me thus far.

Reasons

1. She obviously is a skilled game player, yet she made a post phrased like the one two posts above me.

2. She's saying all the right things in her defense, and she isn't saying anything else. She's keeping her cards very close to her chest. Keep an eye on her.

Obviously, Woody is a suspect to consider as well, for reasons I have already stated. Also, the Mafia are normally more active to begin with, so when it turns out that I am a plain Townie, the list of possible suspects narrows considerably.

*Insert shameless plug*

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:38 pm 
I post like Shadowpaw
"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."

Cash: 55.25
Blog: View Blog (3)
Bradley rushed in late, as usual, I gotta get a new alarm clock he thought. "Sorry I'm late, I didn't hear my alarm clock this morning." He sat down in an empty chair. "Wow, there's a lot of crossfire going on! At this point, I'm having a hard time figuring out who to vote for. I think Monty has made some good points, so unless I'm persuaded otherwise,

VOTE: Woody"

OOC: sorry I didn't get on earlier. I was at work all day.

Offline Profile Facebook  

Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:29 am 
Catspaw knows all

Monty wrote:

Basically, I can only argue against logic. If you choose to persist in your posts of vague "suspicions" and the like, it is literally impossible for me to give a reasoned defense to dismantle your arguments, because you have no logical argument! I'm not saying this as "revenge", but Tikvah honestly looks the most suspicious to me thus far.

Reasons

1. She obviously is a skilled game player, yet she made a post phrased like the one two posts above me.

2. She's saying all the right things in her defense, and she isn't saying anything else. She's keeping her cards very close to her chest. Keep an eye on her..

As to your first point, I am suprised that you think I am a skilled player. In the post you referenced I was just attempting to follow the fules and play third person.

As to your second point, what else is anyone else doing? I defended myself and I accused another person. What else are ypu supposed to do?

tron, I am just making sure that you notice, I voted for Monty a few pages back.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:06 am 
I'm as fancy as Penguin!
*yawn* I like crackers.

Cash: 63.52
Bank: 98.09
Right now Woody seems very suspicious to me. Acting out of turn, and whatnot. His logic is a bit rusty, and right now, I think Monty might be telling the truth. I'm not sure, but time will tell.
Tikvah, bravo on your excellent skills. However, playing well, and not saying more than you need to is not suspicious in the least, IMO. It's her first game. She's read through others and learned what to do. Right now, she's not on my radar, but could be depending on what comes up.
Vote:Woody
And, please, don't jump on me if I'm wrong. I'm trying to use some skills for once, so is there a problem?

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:15 am 
I'll catch up to Bren!

And now we've just got a tie, which makes for a no kill. >_> This isn't helping anyone except the Mafia. A no kill means they get another chance at killing someone, with no Town interference. I believe now is the part where I defend myself.

Monty wrote:
Woody, I will correct you, as you asked. The post was deleted because it appeared it was made after Tron had posted the death, not because evidence was being covered up. Your post is illogical because it makes the assumption that the Mafia somehow "knew" that JCGJ was the Medic, an impossibility in any circumstance. Your entire post is composed of assumptions, "I believe"'s , and "I think it's possible"'s. You base your vote on assumptions and lines that you have drawn together, when they are not linked logically. At this point, we as the Town have to stick together. Woody, your faulty reasoning and baseless assumptions are what I am basing this vote on.

VOTE: Woody

I assure you, those "assumptions" were based on what I've seen Mafia(and Medics) do in previous games. I use "I believe" when I'm almost positive or positive. And they are most definitely linked logically, in that they point to you as the most logical choice. And there was only one "I think it's possible" and you thankfully cleared that up. I didn't want to believe it, and from what I know of you, I don't think you would do that, I was simply presenting it as a possibility.

I suppose now is the time to tell you that if I die, Monty dies too. I'm thoroughly convinced that he is Mafia. So if I die, I, the Vengeful Townie, am taking Monty down with me.

Last edited by Woody on Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:53 am 
I'm as fancy as Penguin!
*yawn* I like crackers.

Cash: 63.52
Bank: 98.09
Purely so that we will not aid the Mafia, I will:
Change vote: Monty
Note that I am purely doing this so there will not be a no kill.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:38 am 
0x Moderator 0x Admin
0x Moderator 0x Admin
And... Loving it!

Cash: 4.00
Bank: 565.64
Monty ----> Tikvah (1)
Tikvah -----> Monty (1)
Monty ---> Unvote Tikvah (0)
Woody -----> Monty (2)
Monty -------> Woody (1)
Taps -------> Monty (3)
Bradley -------> Woody (2)
Joy ---------> Woody (3)
Joy -------> Unvote Woody (2)
Joy -------> Monty (4)

So the town decided that Monty must die so they took a pole and strapped Monty on it and then Tikvah handed a match to Joy and Woody handed her a place to strike it on and when the fire reached his neck the poor townie died

Night 3
Mafia your kill
Twins talk amongst your selves
and Commuter if you wish to skip town send me a message that says so
everyone else sleep tight :x

Who am I? I'd rather not answer that question, the real question is, "Who are you?". Right now I am trying to think of something witty to put here.. I might not find anything, but that's fine. This block of text should be fine for a signature. Wait, are you still reading this? Why are you reading this? Stop. Seriously.
STOP.
This sentence is true.
The sentence above is false.

I dare you not to read this.
Hey! I said not to read this.
Maybe if I talk like this.
Wait, you still see me? *sighs* I give up.

http://blackgaardscastle.forumotion.com/

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject: Re: Mafia Round 10 - Night 3
Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:10 pm 
I post like Shadowpaw

Monty woke up in a daze. Was it all a dream? Surely that awful nightmare couldn't be true, could it? As he opened his eyes, he saw a piercing light, one that seemed to be sentient, to be able to see everything about him. There was yellow and white all around. As he tried to understand, to comprehend what he was seeing, he heard a great booming voice saying, "Well done, good and faithful servant. Through your advice, the Town may well be saved."

This is really just a post allowing Tron to post. And the evening and the morning were the second day.

*Insert shameless plug*

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:50 pm 
Catspaw knows all
The stoic type.

Cash: 8.06
Bank: 5,037.43
Blog: View Blog (1)
-_- What was his advice? Kill Woody?

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:47 pm 
0x Moderator 0x Admin
0x Moderator 0x Admin
And... Loving it!

Cash: 4.00
Bank: 565.64
Taps was walking home from Whit's End and he walked past the park and thought, "I'll do a little playing before going home." and so he went on the zipline but sadly the Bones rigged it so that the zipline collapsed in the middle and when Taps hit the ground Twin #1 was done for

Day 3

Vote for the Bones

Who am I? I'd rather not answer that question, the real question is, "Who are you?". Right now I am trying to think of something witty to put here.. I might not find anything, but that's fine. This block of text should be fine for a signature. Wait, are you still reading this? Why are you reading this? Stop. Seriously.
STOP.
This sentence is true.
The sentence above is false.

I dare you not to read this.
Hey! I said not to read this.
Maybe if I talk like this.
Wait, you still see me? *sighs* I give up.

http://blackgaardscastle.forumotion.com/

Offline Profile  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next