Devotionals

What do you use (besides Flyah's)

At the Second Church of Odyssey you'll find different ways of expressing your beliefs, finding prayer support or being encouraged through regular devotionals.
HarlowRoxMySox
Smile for the camera

Devotionals

Post by HarlowRoxMySox »

God commands us to read his word every day. Many of use utilize daily devotionals! I currently use "Soul Journey" a teen devotional by the makers of "Our Daily Bread". What do you use?
Do any of YOU know how to make hand shadows?

Kathrine Doyle is my dorky little sister... JK... kinda ^o^
My awsome Avatar & Sig were illustrated by a friend named Navi!
mr. mellow
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by mr. mellow »

I'm using the new and improved elfa course.... I'm part of a small group thats going throught it.
Image [img]
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

Oh boy, I'm currently reading a ton of devotionals. I am reading "The One Year Devotional Book for Teens" by Susie Shellenberger, "Our Daily Bread", a teen devo book by Josh McDowell, plus I'm working through "Calm my Anxious Heart" by Linda Dillow with my Sunday school class, and "How to Become a Vessel God can Use" by Donna Partow with my mom.
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
Alleycat
insert dash here

Post by Alleycat »

I'm reading through the Bible, Genesis to Rev. Did that ever occur to you?

:anxious: I mean, you don't need a devotional. They can help, but there not vital.

Have you guys ever heard of YL? Young Life?

http://www.younglife.org.uk/AboutUs.aspx
And each light that we've extinguished has brought darkness to our Land...
Upon our Nation have mercy Lord!
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

Yeah, I am also reading through the Bible. I have a 3-year plan, where you read one chapter a day.
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
Amy
Fourscore and seven

Post by Amy »

I'm not going through a devotional, but I am trying to finnish reading through the bible.
Conniepaw
Smile for the camera

Post by Conniepaw »

Outakes: devotions for girls by bill sanders..its very cool!
AioMan
Catspaw Rocks!
Location: The Imagination Station, Whit's End, Mcallister Park, Odyssey, Ohio, United States, North America

Post by AioMan »

I use an 9th grade A Beka Book Bible study (even though I'm in 6th grade.)
Whit: The Best is yet to come. (from "A Prayer for George Barclay" and "Gone.....")

Eugene: Impossible! Prepositions are not words that I end sentences with! (from "Poor Loser")

Arthur Dent: Operation: Thinktank will enslave the human race. Would you like a muffin? (from "Box of Miracles")
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

Eugenefan23 wrote:I use an 9th grade A Beka Book Bible study (even though I'm in 6th grade.)
Are you going into 6th grade, or going into 7th?
AioMan
Catspaw Rocks!
Location: The Imagination Station, Whit's End, Mcallister Park, Odyssey, Ohio, United States, North America

Post by AioMan »

Going into Seventh.
Whit: The Best is yet to come. (from "A Prayer for George Barclay" and "Gone.....")

Eugene: Impossible! Prepositions are not words that I end sentences with! (from "Poor Loser")

Arthur Dent: Operation: Thinktank will enslave the human race. Would you like a muffin? (from "Box of Miracles")
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

I'm doing "Want More? Life" by Natalie Lloyd - a devotional from Brio. It's really good! I can totally recomend it!
Missionary
Hexadecimal teenager

Post by Missionary »

I read commentaries more often than devotionals. D. Martyn Lloyd-Jones has written some great ones!