What's God doing in your life?

A place for testimonies!

At the Second Church of Odyssey you'll find different ways of expressing your beliefs, finding prayer support or being encouraged through regular devotionals.
Flyah
Popsicle kid

What's God doing in your life?

Post by Flyah »

Use this thread to share something you appreciate about God, or a way that He's worked in your life recently. Try to focus the thanks on Him! - And thanks for the idea Sunday!
Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Post by Ruthie »

Great Idea!
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

Today I had the COOLEST THING EVER happen!!!

i was in aerobics class today and was talking to a freshman friend of mine who is having a hard time adjusting and making good friends and she asked me how me and my friends got to be so close and yadda yadda. Anyway I told her that it just kinda happens and that doesn't mean I never feel lonely. Then I asked her if she wanted to know who I go to when I feel all alone, and she said sure and I got to share Christ with her.
IT WAS SO AWESOME!!!!!!! I have been praying about this for MONTHS!
She told me she'd think aboutt it and she said religion kinda scares her.
I asked why, and she said that anytime she goes to church she gets all emotional like and sad and everything. I was like well there's a solution for that....she also said that she really wants to come to youth group with me. We had talked about it before, cause she wanted to know where she could meet some fun and awesome people, so pray that she comes with me and that she choses Christ.

God has really put her on my heart lately, and I am sooo happy that He gave me this opportunity, and that I took it.

(please forgive any errors in grammar or spelling. This was taken from an IM conversation and I was too lazy to catch every mistake)

EDIT: oh and this really did happen to me today. I imd it to a friend then saw this thread so I added it here.
Last edited by JesusFreak777 on Thu May 19, 2005 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sunday
Popsicle kid

Post by Sunday »

Since He's the same yesterday, today, and forever...I think it would be okay to share something that happened almost 4 years ago.

My brother and his family pulled up to the doors of the church. He got out and helped his wife take the kids inside. What he didn't realize is that my niece who was just toddling around at that time followed him back outside. She was in front of the van when he put it in gear and drove towards the parking lot. He said later that he felt his front and back tires go over something but thought it was just a dropped diaper bag. When he looked in his rear view mirror to see what he ran over, he saw my neice's fluffly little church dress. Others saw the whole thing from the church but couldn't move fast enough to stop it from happening.

They picked her up off the concrete and brought her into the church. She could not move her legs at all and was obviously in a lot of pain. Everyone began to pray and God absolutely did a miracle. They never had to take her to a doctor. Jesus was the doctor that night. By the next evening, she was running and jumping around. God is so so great to give us this miracle.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

=D> Praise God! =D>
Thanks for sharing that Sunday! :D
Sunday
Popsicle kid

Post by Sunday »

JesusFreak777 wrote:Today I had the COOLEST THING EVER happen!!!
Amen!

Its fantastic that you had the opportunity! Its great fun to let God use you to bless someone else.
Flyah
Popsicle kid

Post by Flyah »

Yes, that's fantastic!
Linne
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Linne »

Has anyone noticed how when you really start drawing closer to the Lord, He makes you joyful through everything? I have been noticing this more since January. I had several awful things happen, and through it all, if I focused on Him, I was able to be joyful and make it through. This is what led to me starting to go out and witness, don't you want other people to have that same joy?
mr. mellow
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by mr. mellow »

yes! like when I think about it all the best times of my life are when I'm close to God and worshiping him!
Image [img]
dancer02248
I've been working out

Post by dancer02248 »

God did something amazing for me when i was in elementary school, yeah it was a long time ago, and it seems like nothing big, but bear with me there's a lesson in here.
I really wanted to be on the stuent council, or s"tudent government". and first our teacher had to pick the person of the two that she wanted to run, then they would run against people from the other classes. well I prayed that God would help me to be O.K. with whatever happened. so it turned out that the teacher picked the other person.
But odly it didn't bother me. My dad didn't believe me when i told him over the phone, because i sounded fine, he thought i was joking.
Well, over the summer i got a call from a teacher who told me that the person that was supposed to be the student council secretary, and that she wanted me to do it.
If i had gotten picked i may have lost anyway, it just shows that if you trust God great things can happen. Again this is just a small example of how God works in our lives everyday!!
Linne
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Linne »

That is really cool dancer! I lvoe hearing these type of stories. :)
Alleycat
insert dash here

Post by Alleycat »

I'm learning that there are these little things in my life that really need weeding out. unless that happenes I can't 'get through' to God.
And each light that we've extinguished has brought darkness to our Land...
Upon our Nation have mercy Lord!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Some of you might have read this already in the Finneman's Market thread, but I cut my thumb yesterday at work on the deli slicer. The blade was going, and I wasn't thinking and put my hand too close and got a little cut on my thumb. It could have been so much worse, though! I could have been seriously hurt, but I wasn't. I'm so thankful that God protected me from my own stupidity! This is definitely a praise item for me! \:D/
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Praise the Lord, Catspaw! I'm glad you weren't seriously hurt. :pray:
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

woah! God has really been working in my life! First off, I really needed a job! Just for money to spend on things like school books, and other things a teen would like to have.
I wasn't looking very hard, but then I started praying and asking around more. Through a man who is in my mom's Bible study, I got a job cleaning apartments at an assisted living residence. It is my second day working there. The work isn't too hard, the people I work with are great, the people I work for are great, it's just a huge blessing!
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Alleycat
insert dash here

Post by Alleycat »

I'm learning so many things! Like thoughts lead to words, an' words to actions, so control to the thoughts first does help. And the Bible is amazing! There are more lessons in the new testament than I'll find in my life!
And each light that we've extinguished has brought darkness to our Land...
Upon our Nation have mercy Lord!
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

Alright, I'll give this a bump.

What's God doing in your life? He's healed me!

This past Thursday, I woke up and my left eye was all red and inflamed, so I took off work. I prayed with my mom and went back to bed. After I woke up, the eye was healed. Praise the Lord!

And this past night, I had fitful sleep (woke up every few hours), back pain, a throbbing headache, and a runny nose that would not cease. I forced myself to go to work and have been kinda groggy all day. But once again the Lord healed me and I am fine now!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

That's great to hear, Itaque! \:D/ Thanks for sharing with us!
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

God's been teaching me some important lessons lately. Like realizing that growing older isn't license to be lazier. :anxious: I've also been learning how to have better relationships with my family members. God is good! :D =D>
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

Well, in addition to the job, he's provided me with a friend that I can share things with, like a struggle that I've long been hiding from people. Surprise! This friend shares that struggle and neither of us had talked about it before!

Also, God has provided (money and time off) for me to go to a church Sr. High camp which should be a great fun and great growing in Christ experience.

He's also shown me, I believe, that it's time for me to go to Mexico on the youth mission trip our church has once a year. They just got back from the trip this month and now I think God wants me to go.

So ya, thanks for reading. :D
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz