Ministry Options in the Church

What do you do for the church? Preach, teach, clean things? It's all valuble!

At the Second Church of Odyssey you'll find different ways of expressing your beliefs, finding prayer support or being encouraged through regular devotionals.
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Ministry Options in the Church

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

I would like to help serve First Church if I may. Anything you need me to do... cleaning, babysitting for bible studies, setting up tables, moving things, weeding the gardens... I would like something to help out with. O:)

Real life : What do you all do to help out your church in practical ministry ways? All of us aren't going to be preachers or teachers! That's totally fine! There are tons of ministries that God needs us in!
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
dancer02248
I've been working out

Post by dancer02248 »

actaully i teach or help out at the children't worship service (shich runs during the pastor's sermon) sometimes, and my family and i help out in the nursery sometimes.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

I generally run the PowerPoint slides at church, plus I help with the take-down. \:D/
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Me
An original

Post by Me »

I do almost all of the video stuff.
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

Well, there are plenty of people to run tech at my church, so I mostly just help teach the children.
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

My family and I go to church at about 7:30 (usually later) to make the coffee, cappuchino, hot water (for apple cider, and hot chocolate) etc. This our ministry as a family.

We have done this ever since I was a baby.
Last edited by AIOfan11 on Mon May 23, 2005 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Post by Ruthie »

I do:

Sound
Powerpoint
Nursry
Childrens
Apartment Outreach
Music
Youth Group (well, I help but I'm also a part of it!)
Bus Ministry
Sunday
Popsicle kid

Post by Sunday »

Sunday School teacher, Jr. Choir leader, Bus ministry, Song leader, Power hour actor, publisher/printer for church related paperwork... and general instigator of all trouble. Yah. And I clean the church, too..but that's on a rotating list that only brings my name to the top about 4 times a year. I'm sure I missed something.
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

I teach children's church, and I'm a substitute Sunday School teacher. I sing solos, and I sing in the choir. I also wrote and directed a Christmas play once. Plus, I help clean the church sometimes, and I help cook for some meetings.
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

I did: Video on Sundays
Audio and Media Shout on Thursdays
I've also been in Choir and puppets.
Linne
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Linne »

I help in the nursery, on Sundays and Wednesdays.
Set up and clean up for Fellowship Dinners.
Help out where ever when we have a conference.
Sing specials. :doubt:
A couple time I helped clean the chapel...
Work in Awana
And starting in September, we're going to have a puppet team that I'll be on.
Help in VBS
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

It's really great to see tons of people involved in a bunch of different aspects of ministy! So what can we do here at First Church?
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Amy
Fourscore and seven

Post by Amy »

I help in the 3 & 4 year-old class at our church, and I'm a judge for which class has the straightest and neatest line while marching into the sanctuary.
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

That is such a great job! How do I get a job? And who exactly is the pastor here? I wasn't here on Sunday! My moving guys tried to burn my place down and I arrived too late for the service!
Conniepaw
Smile for the camera

Post by Conniepaw »

work with any kinds of childrens ministry...nursery, childrens church, sunday school vbs (we have the BEST vbs program ever!)
Mandy Straussberg
Animatronic

Post by Mandy Straussberg »

I go on Mexico trips... I don't think that counts so much.

Well, right now I'm doing a summer student internship with the highschool pastor (who actually oversees everything from birth to young adults, but specializes in the highschool), so I'm doing all sorts of things--from painting the ceiling in a new nursery room to cleaning out the youth bus so it passes CHP inspection.

Regularly, I co-lead worship at least twice a month on Sunday mornings and generally two, three, or four times a month at the two midweeks I attend.

Because of the internship, I'll be teaching in the youth service for the next couple Sundays.

And I try to help my dad when he heads up the third Sunday of the Benevolence outreach out at a county park.

Mandy
Music is my life. God's given me gifts, and I like to use them.
Spirit now lead me, take me where You will
I long to adore You, reveal Yourself to me
My cry is to please You, so have Your way in me
Completely to bring glory to Your Name