Time Alone With God

quiet times

At the Second Church of Odyssey you'll find different ways of expressing your beliefs, finding prayer support or being encouraged through regular devotionals.
cubsmith08
OK

Time Alone With God

Post by cubsmith08 »

I was just wondering what all of you guys do for your quiet time?? I'm looking for some new fun and creative ideas, and was wondering if you had any suggestions! :D

where did this get moved and WHY did it get moved?? under "The Bible Room", it sayes:
A place to discuss Scripture, spiritual life, and day-to-day issues.
does this not count??? :-s :-s :-s :-s

Please refrain from double posting -D

Please DONATE to help me get more education and to start a MUSIC Faction!!
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

I'm not sure who moved it, but I would have moved also. If you notice, topics such as this are in the main space for the church. The Bible Room has more detailed posts and devotionals written by the "pastor" here. You'll get the most viewing and response by having the topic here. :)
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
Zelda Jacobs
I'm not Gabe

Post by Zelda Jacobs »

cubsmith08 wrote:I was just wondering what all of you guys do for your quiet time?? I'm looking for some new fun and creative ideas, and was wondering if you had suggestions? :D
For my quiet time I do "Breakfast with God" from the Quiet Moments with God series. I too was puzzled on what to do for Devos Then, something strange happened. I was sitting on our couch bored looking over at the bookself when I saw the book! I read the first couple of sentences on the back and knew it was the one.
Breakfast with God wrote:You'll never want to skip breakfast againonce you experience the delight of meeting God in these out-of-the-ordinary devotions! Each devotion is specially designed to fit your busy schedule and get your day off to a good start. Full of inspiring scriptures, eye-opening quotes, heartwarming anecdotes, and real life stories, these sections are brief enough to read in a moment, yet deep enough to transform your heart and mind.
And that was only half of the front flap! Seriously, this book is perfect for anyone. I would highly suggest it. :)
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

Usually I read through a book, perhaps a dozen verses a day. Lately I've taken to having a Strong's concordance with me to gain insights on particular words. :)
servant*girl
Not as new

Post by servant*girl »

Watch out for The Bible on tapes/CDs at yard sales. They also have some good deals on ebay. It's an awesome way to be able to listen to God's Word throughout the day. Hey - it even makes cleaning up your room less boring. :D
Last edited by servant*girl on Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Success is to stand in the presence of God, unashamed.
Blipadouzi
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Blipadouzi »

I pick up my guitar, go into a room alone, and just play...nothing specific, I just embrass my Saviour with the music.
Candy
CIA is my friend
CIA is my friend

Post by Candy »

I just finished "Girls Of Grace"
I'd rather live as if there were a God, and found out there isn't, then to live as if there weren't a God, and find out there is.
Image Image
FrayedAroundTheEdges
i hold the hand that holds the world
i hold the hand that holds the world

Post by FrayedAroundTheEdges »

i usually spend my time w my dio right before i go to bed...ill turn on some music *like starfield or even AIO or DGL* an ill jus think bout my day an stuf i mightve done, an i tlk to god bout it *an sumtimes ill worship a lil bit* :)
]Lost and insecure, you found me, lyin on the floor...
whyd you have to wait? where were you?
just a little late...you found me
<3 The Fray --> You Found Me
Sonshinegirl
Shining for the Son
Shining for the Son

Post by Sonshinegirl »

I usually read a chapter from the Old testament, one from the Psalms and one from the new testament. (while taking notes on interesting things I find) The I pray (talk to God) And sometimes I'll sing a praise song or something. And I also usually have a devotional to go along with that. :D
Abigail
Crazy lil blondie
Crazy lil blondie

Post by Abigail »

I like to be alone in my room and pray or read my bible, and sometimes just listen to gosple music.

-Abigail
^She is back!! In all her glory!^ For real this time! ;)
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Um, well, I'm always listening to Christian music, rather it's my CD's or KLOVE. Or I'm listening to Odyssey(of course). Before I climb in bed I pray next to my bed, and then read a chapter or two from my Bible. I started with Matthew and have gotten into Luke. It's quite exciting exctually. But that's what I do. I'm trying to remember to pray in the morning, and I write a Bible verse on my whiteboard every morning so I can read it any time during the day. If I'm home. It helps me remember God's with me, and His promises.
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

I have challenged myself to read through the whole Bible this year, I started on Jan. 1st and right now I'm at 1st Samuel 13 and Luke 17 I usually read my Bible in the morning before I get out of bed, then I pray and listen to/sing gospel music while I'm getting ready. Usually at night before I go to bed I pray sometimes for 5 minutes, sometimes for a half an hour. Also for school I'm doing a Bible course