The Jesus Movement

It's time for a revolution.

At the Second Church of Odyssey you'll find different ways of expressing your beliefs, finding prayer support or being encouraged through regular devotionals.
Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

The Jesus Movement

Post by Eugene Blackgaard »

Anybody remember the Jesus movement? We're a new generation, I think it's about time we did something like it. Get out there and take the world by storm. The problem is, how to go about doing it? Times have changed. All I can do now is pray God will raise up followers to be revolutionary in this time, and I hope I will be cast among those lots if I abide in him. :)
ToO Comic - #1|#2|#3|#4|#5|#6|Filler#1|Filler#2|#7|#8|#9

In the darkness the Motherhood silently bakes cake and knits sweaters with love in every stitch.
Call me Sergeant Pepper.
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

We have to all start praying faithfully and unceasingly for a revival. God is the only one who can do something like that. He uses people, but we can't do it on our own on the grand scale that it needs to be!
America is long over do for a revival, that's for sure!
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

LovedbyGod wrote:We have to all start praying faithfully and unceasingly for a revival. God is the only one who can do something like that. He uses people, but we can't do it on our own on the grand scale that it needs to be!
America is long over do for a revival, that's for sure!
Amen to that, sister. I agree in full. Not our will, but his be done in his own time. I think it is important we condition ourselves to be available for when God does start a revival. :)

In the darkness the Motherhood silently bakes cake and knits sweaters with love in every stitch.
Call me Sergeant Pepper.
mr. mellow
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by mr. mellow »

I know what we have to do man. We just have to GO! go out there and witness to your school because we are the light of the world and we all know that darkness can not put out light!
Image [img]
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Our church is also praying for a revival . . . that it would start within us as individuals, and spread from without to without. :pray: Has anyone heard the Promise Keepers' song, Revolution?
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Nick Riley
insert dash here

Post by Nick Riley »

No how does it go?
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

It isn't the most well-known song out there . . . but it comes from Uprising: A Revolution of the Soul. You can hear a 30-second clip here.
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

w00t! Promise Keepers!

The church seriously needs a revival. We've gotten to comfortable inside our little building with cell groups and child care. (And the doctrines are starting to get watered down...)
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

Well, why don't we all commit to say a short prayer every single morning. Something like "God, please revive America and wake up the Christians of this nation." I will do it! How about 7:00 every morning?
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Frank wrote:The church seriously needs a revival. We've gotten to comfortable inside our little building with cell groups and child care. (And the doctrines are starting to get watered down...)
Comfortable... how true. It's so much more comfortable to play with our toys and have fun rather than taking up our cross and suffering. :anxious:
Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

LovedbyGod wrote:Well, why don't we all commit to say a short prayer every single morning. Something like "God, please revive America and wake up the Christians of this nation." I will do it! How about 7:00 every morning?
I'm not gonna give myself a timed schedule, but it is a great idea! What a great thing to lift up daily before the Lord.

Call me Sergeant Pepper.
Nick Riley
insert dash here

Post by Nick Riley »

Yeah I'll try to remeber to pray for that
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

Eugene Blackgaard wrote:
LovedbyGod wrote:Well, why don't we all commit to say a short prayer every single morning. Something like "God, please revive America and wake up the Christians of this nation." I will do it! How about 7:00 every morning?
I'm not gonna give myself a timed schedule, but it is a great idea! What a great thing to lift up daily before the Lord.
Amen. I'll do that.
Frank wrote:w00t! Promise Keepers!
Hoooah! Hurray! Huzzah! \:D/
Nick Riley
insert dash here

Post by Nick Riley »

Rock on to the Promise Keepers :cheerleader: :cheerleader: