which denomination?

At the Second Church of Odyssey you'll find different ways of expressing your beliefs, finding prayer support or being encouraged through regular devotionals.
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

Mark Prescott wrote:I go to an Evangelical church. For all of you who say, "I don't like saying what denomination I am, 'cuz it's man made and flawed..." I think denominations are not wrong, they are just a way of a church saying what you believe in. If every Church said they were non-denominational, when you took a vacation and went to a Church on Sunday, you'd ahve a pretty hard way of figuring out what Church to go to. People have different styles of worshipping. Some people like to go to more of a libereaal church. Some people like... I can't think the name of it right now, but my point is that people have different beleifes, and a denomination is just a way of telling people what the church believes.
That's a good way of putting it. It's good sometimes to be able to recognize a church and go to something that is more familiar with its traditions so that you don't feel completely lost. Sometimes it can be good to get out of a comfort zone and try something new--but old and familiar is also good. As long as we don't get too caught up in the differences and start arguing between each other, which is definitely NOT biblical. But as long as we focus on our common faith in God, it can be good!
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

I am surprised this topic has gone this long. Only 2 Pentecostals though.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

SoccerLOTR wrote:
Mark Prescott wrote:I go to an Evangelical church. For all of you who say, "I don't like saying what denomination I am, 'cuz it's man made and flawed..." I think denominations are not wrong, they are just a way of a church saying what you believe in. If every Church said they were non-denominational, when you took a vacation and went to a Church on Sunday, you'd ahve a pretty hard way of figuring out what Church to go to. People have different styles of worshipping. Some people like to go to more of a libereaal church. Some people like... I can't think the name of it right now, but my point is that people have different beleifes, and a denomination is just a way of telling people what the church believes.
That's a good way of putting it. It's good sometimes to be able to recognize a church and go to something that is more familiar with its traditions so that you don't feel completely lost. Sometimes it can be good to get out of a comfort zone and try something new--but old and familiar is also good. As long as we don't get too caught up in the differences and start arguing between each other, which is definitely NOT biblical. But as long as we focus on our common faith in God, it can be good!
I don't think denominations are wrong. They just don't matter AT ALL in the grand scheme of things.
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

Evangelical Free
he/him | a little stinker.
bold4god
OK

Post by bold4god »

I am Seventh-Day Adventist