which denomination?

At the Second Church of Odyssey you'll find different ways of expressing your beliefs, finding prayer support or being encouraged through regular devotionals.
Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!
Wooton rocks!

Post by Stop Wooton' Around »

Pilgrim Holiness which is really conservative.
the_newfie_haystack
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by the_newfie_haystack »

I'm what my friends and family jokingly call a "bapticostal". XD It's because though I attend a Pentecostal church, I am part of a bible study/youth group in a Baptist church. It's awesome. :)
"To be nobody but yourself in a world that's doing its best to make you somebody else is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting." -- E. E. Cummings
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

I'm an Alegheny Wesleyan Methodist. You've probably never heard of it. Its only about 100 churches. My dad actually pastors one.

\:D/
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

I'm Southern Baptist. Our church is one of those mega churches with this giant building and over 3000 people, but some of them probably only go to this particular church because it's the most prominent church in the area.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

Maybe people shy away from pentecostals because of our standards but it is better to be prepared.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
manfrednissley
I've been here a bit

Post by manfrednissley »

i agree regis. we mennos have standards as well.
Most recent post: 12/1/2013, Thankfulness
UNCLEBITTLES
I AM A BEAST!
I AM A BEAST!

Post by UNCLEBITTLES »

I ToO non-denominational! \:D/
Wow
so doge
much voting
such election
wow.
WootonB
Gold Member

Post by WootonB »

Im non denominational, its funny people get confused. Im not trying to criticize anyone but, i believe that religions interfere with our personal relationship with god. Because religions are manmade things people get confused and worship the religion instead of god.
manfrednissley
I've been here a bit

Post by manfrednissley »

WootonB wrote:Im non denominational, its funny people get confused. Im not trying to criticize anyone but, i believe that religions interfere with our personal relationship with god. Because religions are manmade things people get confused and worship the religion instead of god.
James 1:26-27 (King James Version)

26If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain.

27Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

....And your point is? :-k
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

Regis Blackbeard wrote:Maybe people shy away from pentecostals because of our standards but it is better to be prepared.
we have strong standards also and AMEN! to what you said.

Young&Mighty
Pilgrim

Post by Young&Mighty »

Our family and I are Reformed Evangelicals. We have deep beliefs and ideas from the Reformed Faith, but are also Evangelicals for being as welcome and God-loving to others as possible.
"Adventure is Out There"

~Charles Muntz from "Up"
shadowdog
Still standing tall

Post by shadowdog »

I am non-denominational just like many of you
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Post by Peachey Keen »

I'm Holiness but my family and I work at a Bible Methodist mission.
I know Holiness people are looked down at a lot but I believe that anyone who has been saved by the blood of Jesus is a Christian. No matter what denomination you are.
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

Thank you PK! We are 100 percent Holiness also.

manfrednissley
I've been here a bit

Post by manfrednissley »

As a kid i was holiness. holiness folks are awesome!
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

thanks manfred!

SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

31899 wrote:To respond to MnT's unanswered question, Nazarene is a holiness denomination and very similar to the Missionary Alliance church. In Canada The Church of the Nazarene and the Missionary Alliance share a University.

It's also almost identical to Wesleyan. I go to a Nazarene church, though my beliefs are more Wesleyan (there are only one or two small differences between the denominations).
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
Monty
A great mapmaker

Post by Monty »

I go to a fairly large Missionary Baptist Church. We aren't really judgmental and are pretty welcoming in terms of types of people.
It's been awhile, hasn't it?
Mark Prescott
Still standing tall

Post by Mark Prescott »

I go to an Evangelical church. For all of you who say, "I don't like saying what denomination I am, 'cuz it's man made and flawed..." I think denominations are not wrong, they are just a way of a church saying what you believe in. If every Church said they were non-denominational, when you took a vacation and went to a Church on Sunday, you'd ahve a pretty hard way of figuring out what Church to go to. People have different styles of worshipping. Some people like to go to more of a libereaal church. Some people like... I can't think the name of it right now, but my point is that people have different beleifes, and a denomination is just a way of telling people what the church believes.
~Mark Prescott~