Mission Trips

Have you been on one?

At the Second Church of Odyssey you'll find different ways of expressing your beliefs, finding prayer support or being encouraged through regular devotionals.
John Whittaker
Gold Member

Post by John Whittaker »

Mission trips are among some of the most wonderful experiances in the world. Serving The Lord is always so fufilling!
~*WannabeRocker*~
Not as new

Post by ~*WannabeRocker*~ »

Last summer I went to Ensenda Mexico with my older bro, younger bro, dad, and a group from my church. we held a vbs and performed skits, sang songs in spansh, shared testimonies that type of thing.
The most awsome thing was when we were worshipping the Lord at the mexican church, I couldnt understand any of the words but I could really feel the Holy Spirits presence.
~*WannabeRocker*~
Not as new

Me wrote:I'm sort of going on one this summer/fall. We are going to India to check up on one of the missions we sponsor over there. I'm actually only going along as the videographer, but it will still be fun.
Total Awesomeness!! (I was the videographer when I went to Mexico)
where are you going? I'm going to Hydurabad India this fall!!
I'm going with a missionary family (they have 4 kids) so I will mostly help out the mom and stuff. I'm staying for at leat 2 months! I sent in all the paperwork for my passport (my first passport \:D/ ) about a month ago, so I should be getting it pretty soon.
Me
An original

Post by Me »

~*WannabeRocker*~ wrote:
Me wrote:I'm sort of going on one this summer/fall. We are going to India to check up on one of the missions we sponsor over there. I'm actually only going along as the videographer, but it will still be fun.
Total Awesomeness!! (I was the videographer when I went to Mexico)
where are you going? I'm going to Hydurabad India this fall!!
I'm going with a missionary family (they have 4 kids) so I will mostly help out the mom and stuff. I'm staying for at leat 2 months! I sent in all the paperwork for my passport (my first passport \:D/ ) about a month ago, so I should be getting it pretty soon.
Kerala (sp?). The general area. I now have all $5000 worth of video epuipment in. Score! This is going to be one massive undertaking. The church is going to have to buy a .5terrabyte RAID array so that I can store and edit all the footage. That will push me to over 1.25tb, which is rather exciting. Anyway, this is going to be rather an interesting (and hot) project.
~*WannabeRocker*~
Not as new

wow, it sounds like you got some pretty nice gear, all I have is a sony digital 8 nothing big but it works for me. Hope you have a great time!
maybe theres a way you can put some of the footage on this site.
I was able to put a slideshow I had made of our trip to Mexico on another forum. The screen was awful small though.

you have my prayers
Will rock for Jesus!!!

Me
An original

Post by Me »

~*WannabeRocker*~ wrote:wow, it sounds like you got some pretty nice gear, all I have is a sony digital 8 nothing big but it works for me. Hope you have a great time!
maybe theres a way you can put some of the footage on this site.
I was able to put a slideshow I had made of our trip to Mexico on another forum. The screen was awful small though.

you have my prayers
Yeah, it is pretty nice. I have the Panasonic AG DVX-100A.

I'll definitely put some of the footage up when I get it edited. I was going to put it up on another board for critique anyway, so there's no reason that I can't provide a link here.
MDB17
Lucid and deductive

Post by MDB17 »

I just got back from one at mrytle beach
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

I've never been on any missions trips like what you would think of when you hear the two words, but in a way, my entire life has kinda been a missions trip, since my parents are missionaries to Germany.
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
Eiram
OK

Post by Eiram »

I wasn't able to go anywhere this year. Our church is trying to put together a foriegn missions trip. The last full fledged trip I went on I went to Toalmas, HUngary and taught English for 2 weeks. It was the best time of my life!
Save the Duckies! Quack! Quack!
Elijah James ~ September 5th, 2005
Zoë Anne Marie ~ April 11th, 2007
~*WannabeRocker*~
Not as new

You taught English? Thats pretty cool, I could use some ideas on teaching ESL.
PM me if you want, thanks!
Will rock for Jesus!!!

Missionary
Hexadecimal teenager

Post by Missionary »

I've been on several mission trips (US, England, Scotland, Ireland, Mexico, Philippines). I hope to be involved in missions for the rest of my life!
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

Missionary wrote:I've been on several mission trips (US, England, Scotland, Ireland, Mexico, Philippines). I hope to be involved in missions for the rest of my life!
I guess that's why your username is "Missionary", huh? My parents are missionaries to Germany! :D
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
Sunday
Popsicle kid

Post by Sunday »

A week ago today I arrived home from South America...Northern Brazil to be specific. I have never in all my 26 years seen such poverty. Everyone needs to see it...especially Americans. I am so so so blessed...

The people there have such a heart for God and for each other. I love them! My plans are to go back next year for 4 or 5 weeks.
Missionary
Hexadecimal teenager

Post by Missionary »

Evil Chick wrote:
Missionary wrote:I've been on several mission trips (US, England, Scotland, Ireland, Mexico, Philippines). I hope to be involved in missions for the rest of my life!
I guess that's why your username is "Missionary", huh? My parents are missionaries to Germany! :D

Yes. That is where I got my username.
That is neat that your parents are missionaries in Germany! I have two friends who just left for Germany as short-term missionaries. Thet are planning to spend a year there.
I will be going back to the Philippines soon.