Purity Rings

At the Second Church of Odyssey you'll find different ways of expressing your beliefs, finding prayer support or being encouraged through regular devotionals.
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Purity Rings

Post by Sapphire »

Does anyone where a purity ring?
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I do not. :(
Donna Blackbeard
Wasting money here
Wasting money here

Post by Donna Blackbeard »

I do!!!!!! I got one when I was 13. And, for me, I am glad i did. I'm still innocent! except for when here
Pseudonym
Pleasantly Confused
Pleasantly Confused

Post by Pseudonym »

Donna Blackbeard wrote:I do!!!!!! I got one when I was 13. And, for me, I am glad i did. I'm still innocent! except for when here

...I don't have one.
So you lost your trust,
And you never should have.
No, you never should have.
But don't break your back
If you ever see this,
But don't answer that.
In a bullet proof vest
With the windows all closed,
I'll be doing my best
I'll see you soon.
overcomer91
Hexadecimal teenager

Post by overcomer91 »

I am getting on this weekend.
BrokenButBeautiful
Certified Theatre Geek
Certified Theatre Geek

Post by BrokenButBeautiful »

I've had one since last summer. It's a pretty common one, but I still like it...It's a silver band that says True Love Waits around it. :)

<3<3<3
BBB
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I don't have/wear one, but I could if I wanted to!

Chandlah, that pear illustrates my feeling toward Emily's post perfectly. ;)
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Pseudonym
Pleasantly Confused
Pleasantly Confused

Post by Pseudonym »

American Eagle wrote:Chandlah, that pear illustrates my feeling toward Emily's post perfectly. ;)
Sweet, my posts are so much like Chandler's that I'm even being mistaken for her! \:D/
So you lost your trust,
If you ever see this,
But don't answer that.
In a bullet proof vest
I'll be doing my best
I'll see you soon.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Pseudonym wrote:
American Eagle wrote:Chandlah, that pear illustrates my feeling toward Emily's post perfectly. ;)
Sweet, my posts are so much like Chandler's that I'm even being mistaken for her! \:D/
Haha, I stand corrected. ;) I must've just seen a one-worded green username and didn't pay attention to what that word was. \:D/
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Danae
Gold Member

Post by Danae »

I got one for my 13th birthday after going away on a weekend with my mom. We did this thing called "Passport to Purity" By Dennis and (his wife) Rainy. It was awkward yet really great. Haha. I wear it on my ring finger; keeps the guys away for now. :]

I'd post a picture yet it seems I don't have the option. Haha.
-Danae
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

My parents gave me a purity necklace for my 16th birthday, since I don't really like rings too much. Except my wedding ring. ;)
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

Evil Chick wrote:My parents gave me a purity necklace for my 16th birthday, since I don't really like rings too much. Except my wedding ring. ;)
That's cool! \:D/ I have never heard of a purity necklace, but now I do! :)
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

I never really saw the point of wearing a purity ring. Isn't it like flaunting an aspect of your life that you're supposed to adhere to anyway? ;)
Iron and Light
Night is Falling
Night is Falling

Post by Iron and Light »

My parents got me one when I was 13; however, it's just a small silver ring with a blue-brown stone/glass oval on it. My mom bought it with me in Italy and let me pick it out. Since it's not really a purity ring (doesn't say 'true love waits' or anything), no one really knows it's for purity... and it just serves as a reminder to me. Everyone else just thinks it's a cool ring \:D/.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Pseudonym wrote:
Just saw this. Watch yourself, young man. :shame:

;)
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

Pseudonym wrote:
Posting pictures with captions like that seem to be Chandler's forte, and repeated exposure to her actions in that category led AE to believe it was her posting.

In other word, yes.
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

That is only in recent times. Members here have been doing that kind of thing far longer than I have. In fact, years before I even paid attention to any sites that had that kind of thing. ;)
Pseudonym
Pleasantly Confused
Pleasantly Confused

Post by Pseudonym »

My bad. In the future, I'll remember that only Chandler can post captioned pictures.
So you lost your trust,
If you ever see this,
But don't answer that.
In a bullet proof vest
I'll be doing my best
I'll see you soon.
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

Chandlah wrote:That is only in recent times. Members here have been doing that kind of thing far longer than I have. In fact, years before I even paid attention to any sites that had that kind of thing. ;)
I am aware of this. However, you are our main residing troll! ;)

Humor/irony/sarcasm/(whatever-word-defining-that-this-is-not-a-serious-accusation-of-illegal-activity) is definitely intended in this post.
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Actually you would better fit that definition. ;) I can't keep up no matter how hard I try. :(