VBS

At the Second Church of Odyssey you'll find different ways of expressing your beliefs, finding prayer support or being encouraged through regular devotionals.
dancer02248
I've been working out

VBS

Post by dancer02248 »

did anyone have a VBS at their church...in case you don't know what it is, it's Vacation Bible school.

our church does a weeklong program, from 9-12 in the AM for babies-incoming 6th graders. i teach at VBS, have for a few years now, and this week it's going on. our theme is Good News Clues, where the rooms are decorated as household rooms, and the children are learning about those braclets with the colors, that tell the salvation message!

how bout you?
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

We had a "mini-VBS" at our church this year. Only 3 days. My sister and I were in charge of it, and we did all of it. It was fun!
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
Linne
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Linne »

Last week was our VBS. We based it on the TV show Survivor. I was working with a group of kids from ages 5 to 12. *gasp* We had crafts, challenges, and a really awesome speaker! Best of all, we know of two kids who profess to have gotten saved!
David O
I'm memorable

Post by David O »

VBT (we call it Vacation Bible Time) is a huge thing at our church. Our church membership is somewhere around 400-500, and we have about 250 of those working as helpers in our VBT (most of the rest are too old to help and pray, or too young to help and attend.) Our VBT starts next week Monday and we expect over 500 kids on our peak night (usually Wednesday.) It's awesome what God has done with VBT at our church.

My mom is the director of the whole thing, and so right now she is very tired, busy, and generally stressed out. I am the "Assistant Auditorium Director" which basically means that I help make sure that the music and big group games run soundly. My dad always used to be heavily involved in the skits, and worship time, but due to his condition (diagnosed with MS last year) he is unable to be a part of much this year.

Anway, it all starts next Monday and I am excited, but would be much more so if I wasn't sick right now. If any of you think of it, pray that I'll get over this cold or sinus infection or whatever it is so that I'll be ready to serve next week.
Not dead yet.
dancer02248
I've been working out

Post by dancer02248 »

that's awesome, and mine isn't a weeklong...it's 5 days. that's what i meant.
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

My church's is August 1-5!!!! Yay, I'm gonna be a day camp counselor and have a group of 5th-7th grade girls to mentor! Yes!

BTW...I need a team name that has a surfing theme...like The Surfer Dudes...except not...cause that's already taken by a guy's group. Any ideas?
Linne

Post by Linne »

The Wave Rider Chicks?
Robert Mitchell
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Robert Mitchell »

Frank wrote:My church's is August 1-5!!!! Yay, I'm gonna be a day camp counselor and have a group of 5th-7th grade girls to mentor! Yes!

BTW...I need a team name that has a surfing theme...like The Surfer Dudes...except not...cause that's already taken by a guy's group. Any ideas?
Skimboarders
Vote RM for the *Unofficial*! | You Need to See This!
Conniepaw
Smile for the camera

Post by Conniepaw »

we did one called serengeti trek...it was awesome! i was a leader and i think the leaders enjoy it more than the kids do!!!
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

Conniefan wrote:we did one called serengeti trek...it was awesome! i was a leader and i think the leaders enjoy it more than the kids do!!!
Yay! Group Publishing does do great work for their VBSs, eh? I loved Lava Lava Island last year...but we aren't doing a Group on this year. Waah.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Yes I am a worker :D
~*WannabeRocker*~
Not as new

Post by ~*WannabeRocker*~ »

Frank wrote:My church's is August 1-5!!!! Yay, I'm gonna be a day camp counselor and have a group of 5th-7th grade girls to mentor! Yes!

wave catchers?
Will rock for Jesus!!!

Me
An original

Post by Me »

I've worked behind the scenes at many VBS's. Didn't particularly enjoy it (they always blame the sound guy). And I had to act several times, which I didn't enjoy too much either. Also sustained a rather nasty wound in association with one.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

The church we go to has one going on this week, but we're not involved with it.
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

Our church does VBS every year. This year they are switching things up a bit and instead of doing it during the day, it will be in theevenings so more people adults and kids are available.
A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man would have to seek Him to find her.

JF, JesusFreak777, and JF777 are all copyrighted by this user. Any violators will be fined and prosecuted. Thank you.
Linne

Post by Linne »

Conniefan wrote:we did one called serengeti trek...it was awesome! i was a leader and i think the leaders enjoy it more than the kids do!!!
I think so too! I do anyway....:anxious:
dancer02248
I've been working out

Post by dancer02248 »

last full day of my VBS today...i am so tired
Robert Mitchell
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Robert Mitchell »

Really?
Vote RM for the *Unofficial*! | You Need to See This!
Aslan
Smile for the camera

Post by Aslan »

i din't go to vbs

Life is worth living, so live the best life that you can
beka8910
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by beka8910 »

I just finished working at my second VBS... I worked at one at my church and another one at my friends church. It was really fun :D