Nursery workers

At the Second Church of Odyssey you'll find different ways of expressing your beliefs, finding prayer support or being encouraged through regular devotionals.
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Nursery workers

Post by Sonuna »

Real experience: if attempting a relay race, they may start out in lines, but will always end as a "child-cloud."

So yeah, I work in the 3 and 4 year old helper squadron in my church. Although next Sunday's my last. Anyone else? Funny stories?
"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I help with the preschool room at my church too! \:D/ I helped 3 out of 4 Sundays from September to June, but I like being able to not help for July and August. The break is very nice! :D I used to help every Sunday, but this year I decided that a bit less would be nice, especially with school, work, and my other commitments.

I can't think of any funny stories right now, but one moment that stands out to me is the week after I got new glasses - a four-year-old noticed and said that she liked them, and it totally made my day! \:D/
dancer02248
I've been working out

Post by dancer02248 »

i volunteer in the nursery and i teach children's church, i remember one day we made bookmarks for the craft, and one girl made hers for me :D it was so cute....anyway, i'm volunteering in the infant nursery next sunday, we'll see if i have any stories from then
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

No...I am not a nursery worker. But, I would like to be!
HarlowRoxMySox
Smile for the camera

Post by HarlowRoxMySox »

every other week in the older threes class.

They're so adorable.
Do any of YOU know how to make hand shadows?

Kathrine Doyle is my dorky little sister... JK... kinda ^o^
My awsome Avatar & Sig were illustrated by a friend named Navi!
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

I'm no good in the nursery, I'm just not a baby-person.

But, I teach children's church about once a month, and I'm a substitute Sunday School teacher for whatever class needs one.
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
~*WannabeRocker*~
Not as new

Post by ~*WannabeRocker*~ »

I use-to help out with the 2 year olds. My dad or mom and I would volunteer once-a-month.
My dad liked flipping the kids and kind of roughhousing with them and I did too :-$
well, there were these two little kids and they were heavy (and strong) one of them his name is Oje (his american name is David) he would run at me and grab my feet and pull me down! He was 2 years old! I could barely stay standing with him around :D
But it was fun, I miss it now.
Will rock for Jesus!!!

Linne
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Linne »

I help in the nursery about every fifth Sunday and every other Wednesday. I love doing it, it's a lot of fun. Unless you've got 8 kids, ages 6 months to 3 years in there......

We have two little girls, one is my cousin, and they love to "sing". One time, just out of the blue, they stood in the middle of the floor and gave an opera. It was so cute! :D
~*WannabeRocker*~
Not as new

Post by ~*WannabeRocker*~ »

awww! how cute :hug:
Will rock for Jesus!!!

Chandler

Post by Chandler »

I love working with babies. :inlove: I'm not doing any work at my church right now but I did some stuff in the past. I like kids! =D>
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I love babies too! I worked in the nursery a couple times in our old church back before we moved. I was kinda known has someone who would always hold any baby. Now people don't know me for that around here, because I'm too shy to ask to hold the babies when there's already 4 girls wanting the same! :)
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Anne
OK

Post by Anne »

I helped in our church nursery (age 0-2) for the about the last seven years. Now I'm moving and I have to find a new church. I'll probably will help in nursery there too, but it will be different. I've seen entire families go through nursery and I'll miss the kids I'm used too.
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

Not very often, more often, my sister and I are stuck with childcare during late meetings, prayer events, music stuff, etc.
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz