Learning Scripture Though Songs

At the Second Church of Odyssey you'll find different ways of expressing your beliefs, finding prayer support or being encouraged through regular devotionals.
Taq
A great mapmaker

Learning Scripture Though Songs

Post by Taq »

My friend gave me this link a couple weeks ago, and I've already had a blast learning a bunch of new verses! Psalm 34:10 and Psalm 34:18 on the first page are really fun. Note the drop-down box at the top which allows you access more songs. 8-)

http://www.seedsfamilyworship.net/media_listen.php

Discuss your favorite scripture songs here! Feel free to post links and resources here also!
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

Cool! I listened to a couple of songs there, and it sounds good. Another good source of these type of songs is the GodRocks. Not all of their songs are put to Bible verses, but many are. You can see some of them on their YouTube channel.
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Good stuff. :D When I was a kid we had these G.T. and the Halo Express tapes, where there's a story with Bible verses set to songs interspersed. Every now and then my sister and I listen for fun, and it's amazing how often we're in church or whatever and a verse will be referenced and we smile at each other and try not to start humming, because we can totally hear the song in our heads from these old tapes! That's actually how I know the references for a few verses - I quickly play the song through in my head until I get to the reference part. What a great tool to learn verses! They've stuck with me for a long time.

Whoa, awesomeness! A Google search did turn up a website where you can still buy these tapes! Click the dancing smiley! \:D/ We had four of them, with th overall family favourite being "Winning the Great Race of Faith."