PEAK 2010

At the Second Church of Odyssey you'll find different ways of expressing your beliefs, finding prayer support or being encouraged through regular devotionals.
Bren
Be positive!

PEAK 2010

Post by Bren »

Well, last Wednesday night through Friday night, I was at a youth convention in Tulsa, Ok, for the WPF. It was great to be with all the youth but let me hit some points that were made in the sevices for you guys.

The Devil Can Make My Day: This is the day the Lord hath made. The devil thought he had Jesus in his place on the cross. Think again devil and make my day.

Test God or March: Rather than be like the Israelites, we need to quit testing God over things and march towards the promised land God has for us if we follow him.

Victory or Defeat: Off the top of my head I don't remember where it is in the bible but there is the story about the king who was told to shoot the arrow and he only shot it 3 times. We can have complete victory if we put the effort into it. The battle is the Lords but sometimes we have to stand and fight.

Death or Life: There are people that say that, the church is going down.
Matthew 16:18 (King James Version) wrote:And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
That being said, we can still be like the fig tree. We may believe there is only one lord, one faith and one baptism (at least that is how Pentecostals believe) but how many of us have won a soul to the lord? Are we barren in bringing forth babies? Are we not bearing fruit?

Anyway, that is what I got out of it.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

That's for sharing, Regis. You make some good points.

I'm planning on posting something similar about things I learned from a Youth Conference I just returned from. You've given me motivation to do it!
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

Quite honestly, I think we could all stand some more spiritual things in our lives.
ImageImageImage
logos linked